Future iPhone for Deaf people

Maria

Premium Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me this thru an email. What do you think of this ? Will it benefit to deaf people ? Let's discuss and feedbacks ! :P

Nathan W. Kester

Really cool, but it sucks to hold a VP on a hand and signing same time...

u should try reading it.

It says “MOCK UP”

That means made up so it is impossible to buy as it does not exist!!!!!!

yeah, it's such an illogical concept

- camera doens't have video mode.
- no iChat (alternative AIM)
- camera is in back, how you know to put in right position?
- no high-speed such as EVDO or G3.

I would like to choke Nathan. Oh.. I'm such a high-tech-snob.

I devote Apple computers. However, I feel that iPhone is not the right for us because it does not have a QWERTY.

I believe that Steve Jobs does not give a damn about deaf people because he does not meet the ADA requirement - as we always depend on QWERTY to communicate with people online or emails.

If the iPhone has a QWERTY on the LCD, then it might be okay. The drawback is if we drop or lost a plastic pen for the QWERTY buttons. Then, we would be stuck. You know what I mean.

I believe that Steve Jobs does not give a damn about deaf people because he does not meet the ADA requirement - as we always depend on QWERTY to communicate with people online or emails.

ADA doesn't involed with high-tech product to sell. Only FCC that being follow such as TV with CC. It has nothing with cell phone at all. hush!

BTW, Steven Jobs is hard of hearing, in case you don't know.

Maria - I didn't know that there is a link about Nathan's website. I read Poweron about choking him...

I like the idea for the VRS. I personally prefer to use the QWERTY buttons instead of typing on the LCD because it is easier and faster for me to press the buttons. For example, it takes 1 minutes to type on LCD button for 10 letters. Using the QWERTY buttons, it would be done in a little over 30 letters in one minute. Don't you think so?

Poweron - I believe that you missed the information about the Wi-Fi ...and the SMS. I just found out that iPhone has one. See the link: http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/wireless.html

ADA doesn't involed with high-tech product to sell. Only FCC that being follow such as TV with CC. It has nothing with cell phone at all. hush!

Oh, you are right about the FCC. I didn't think of that. I thought that ADA would be a good way for us to enforce Steve to follow the rules that meet our needs.

In fact, for ADA, it requires the companies to follow the rules if the employees demand a better keyboard replacement or a better monitor with greatly reduces amount of radiation such as an LCD monitor instead of a tube monitor. I am not so sure that it would do the same thing for the QWERTY on iPhone, but this may be a personal stuff that has nothing to do with the company. Suppose, they use it a lot for business stuff. Will it work this way to enforce the companies? I assume not.

Oh, you are right about the FCC. I didn't think of that. I thought that ADA would be a good way for us to enforce Steve to follow the rules that meet our needs.

In fact, for ADA, it requires the companies to follow the rules if the employees demand a better keyboard replacement or a better monitor with greatly reduces amount of radiation such as an LCD monitor instead of a tube monitor. I am not so sure that it would do the same thing for the QWERTY on iPhone, but this may be a personal stuff that has nothing to do with the company. Suppose, they use it a lot for business stuff. Will it work this way to enforce the companies? I assume not.

eh.. no, that's not what ADA do. Just civil right to meet for disability in public, not on toy. oh geez.

I know who Nathan is... I took a couple classes with him here at RIT. In fact, I saw him a few days ago visiting for the weekend.

Anyway, you're right... there will be complications with the camera.

I have seen a phone that shows alternate views. In fact, Nathan himself had one and showed me in class. He showed me the display screen and the camera was looking at me as well. It was one of those really fancy and expensive PDA phones.

I devote Apple computers. However, I feel that iPhone is not the right for us because it does not have a QWERTY.

If the iPhone has a QWERTY on the LCD, then it might be okay. The drawback is if we drop or lost a plastic pen for the QWERTY buttons. Then, we would be stuck. You know what I mean.

Very true about deaf people dependin' on QWERTY to communicate with people online or emails. I am one of them - I depend on " chat " with people online or emails. I am lookin' for a little bit large screen for readin'. I don't like " upright " screen, because it is hard to read in length, if you get my drift. :)

Yup, I know what you mean. ;)

Aw dang.. I am very sorry ! lol I didn't know that you knew this person. Gee ...

Maria - I didn't know that there is a link about Nathan's website. I read Poweron about choking him...

I like the idea for the VRS. I personally prefer to use the QWERTY buttons instead of typing on the LCD because it is easier and faster for me to press the buttons. For example, it takes 1 minutes to type on LCD button for 10 letters. Using the QWERTY buttons, it would be done in a little over 30 letters in one minute. Don't you think so?

Poweron - I believe that you missed the information about the Wi-Fi ...and the SMS. I just found out that iPhone has one. See the link: Apple - iPhone - High Technology - Wireless

It would be nice to carry it around if, there's VRS involved somehow. I never thought that you would type that fast on QWERTY buttons. :lol: Cool ! ( Psst...I have to trim my fingernails to type on my Treo PalmOne 650 :giggle: ) I am glad to create this thread about iPhone. :D

it wud be nice if iphone comes with 3G connection, but it wont happen. maybe iphone2 will come with 3G in a future.

at&t will release video share(video calling) this coming june.

Back