Funny as Heck or Not?

Do you think this video (fake) is funny as heck or not?

• Funny as heck!!!

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • This is disgusting

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
in response to outrageous thread called "Evil Twin Car Commercial" where a cat got beheaded by a car's sunroof.

This is the video posted in that thread -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-sC-vSIXk&feature]YouTube - car commercial - sun roof feature, cat gets a suprise[/ame]

Mind you - No cat was harmed in the making of this video. It is fake. It is all part of the amazing power of digital video trickery.

I'm asking you to vote in poll if you think this video is funny as heck or not.

Funny watching people go into an apoplectic fit over the killing of a fake cat committed by a car in a car commercial.

Oh, yeah, that was funny, too.

Not funny. Just the concept that killing an innocent animal can be funny makes me very sad.

Not funny. Just the concept that killing an innocent animal can be funny makes me very sad.

How is this different from film flicks that show the killing of innocent people (fake)? Did people enjoy watching the movie 2012? Anyone? Freddy Kruegger? Halloween? Etc?

Funny watching people go into an apoplectic fit over the killing of a fake cat committed by a car in a car commercial.

Oh, yeah, that was funny, too.

please vote. :ty:

How is this different from film flicks that show the killing of innocent people (fake)? Did people enjoy watching the movie 2012? Anyone? Freddy Kruegger? Halloween? Etc?

was there cat beheading?

was there cat beheading?

Usually horror movies are not shown during the day time. Even the gruesome commercials are reserved for the midnight hours. I means... Trojan commercials don't even come on until like 1AM in the morning, even on American channels.

If this commercial had aired, which apparently it hasn't been, the viewers don't have a choice in whether or not they want to watch it.

Last time I checked, these were supposed to be horror films - not comedies. I'm a big fan of horror. However, few would think they're funny.

I like dark comedies as well. Heathers would be a good example.

Your evil twin cars fail at both humor and horror.

so far....

5 people find this video offensive. disgusting. distasteful.
0 people find this video funny as heck.

Last time I checked, these were supposed to be horror films - not comedies. I'm a big fan of horror. However, few would think they're funny.

I like dark comedies as well. Heathers would be a good example.

Your evil twin cars fail at both humor and horror.

There are comedy movies involving murder and death. The humor is lost upon you soley because it looked real? Suppose it was a cartoon? A snake instead (a fake one, obviously, wouldn't want to upset snake lovers)? Would you get angry? I think the idea that people don't find this funny or the reason they get mad is because it simply looked too real sans the blood which was obviously a dead give away it being a fake.

There are comedy movies involving murder and death. The humor is lost upon you soley because it looked real? Suppose it was a cartoon? A snake instead (a fake one, obviously, wouldn't want to upset snake lovers)? Would you get angry? I think the idea that people don't find this funny or the reason they get mad is because it simply looked too real sans the blood which was obviously a dead give away it being a fake.

would you say same if it was an illegal immigrant in attempt to steal this car by climbing thru sunroof?

Depends on context.

I wasn't offended by the Anaconda movies or Snakes on a Plane. Why? I was expecting that; I willingly went to see those flicks. However if someone was to make a commercial involving a snake being strangled, I would be offended because I know that if those clips are aired, I wouldn't have a choice in whether or not I want to witness it.

Movies? TV shows? Fair game. They give you warnings ahead of time.

Commercials? Hell no.

Depends on context.

I wasn't offended by the Anaconda movies or Snakes on a Plane. Why? I was expecting that; I willingly went to see those flicks. However if someone was to make a commercial involving a snake being strangled, I would be offended because I know that if those clips are aired, I wouldn't have a choice in whether or not I want to witness it.

Movies? TV shows? Fair game. They give you warnings ahead of time.

Commercials? Hell no.

It may have been in bad taste for a commercial, but the video itself is funny. But I think you're trying to divert the issue here. It's about the video itself that some people are upset with, not about it being a commercial.

It may have been in bad taste for a commercial, but the video itself is funny. But I think you're trying to divert the issue here. It's about the video itself that some people are upset with, not about it being a commercial.

so is the cat beheading funny or not? go ahead and vote! it's anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back