Funny as Heck or Not?

Do you think this video (fake) is funny as heck or not?

• Funny as heck!!!

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • This is disgusting

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm... you can't kill something that is FAKE!!

Of course not, but the malevolent undertone is still there. Just like it is in the Saw movies. People go to the movies so they can get a kick out of watching people being tortured even though it's not real.

Supposedly an actual snuff film swapped places with a Saw sequel, would people be able to tell the difference? Chances are they'll still get a kick out of people being killed because they think it's not real. Imagine their reactions when they are told it's all real.

Malevolence is real and many people do have it inside themselves. Especially these who are lacking in moral values and possibly infested with mental illnesses.

oh I do live and let live but not like this.
Dude, You seem to be putting way to much energy into this. It seems to me that this car manufacture is targeting a cat hating audience. Maybe in the area of the commercial there is a large demographic of these types of people. :dunno: Or is the main problem you have with Koko saying it's funny as heck?

Bart Simpson might be funny, but very demoralizing in everyday life, showing disrespect amongst societies to young folks.

This video have the same effect, to most, funny, yes, but not to me, however, but not for those who doesn't know the difference like the rest of us.

Of course not, but the malevolent undertone is still there. Just like it is in the Saw movies. People go to the movies so they can get a kick out of watching people being tortured even though it's not real.

Supposedly an actual snuff film swapped places with a Saw sequel, would people be able to tell the difference? Chances are they'll still get a kick out of people being killed because they think it's not real. Imagine their reactions when they are told it's all real.

Malevolence is real and many people do have it inside themselves. Especially these who are lacking in moral values and possibly infested with mental illnesses.
Understood but what does any of that have to do with how a particluar individual percieves a car commercial?

Dude, You seem to be putting way to much energy into this. It seems to me that this car manufacture is targeting a cat hating audience. Maybe in the area of the commercial there is a large demographic of these types of people. :dunno: Or is the main problem you have with Koko saying it's funny as heck?

I have a problem with this video.
I have a problem with a person laughing boisterously at this.
12 people find this video tasteless and only 1 finds it funny as heck.

It seems to me that this car manufacture is targeting a cat hating audience. Maybe in the area of the commercial there is a large demographic of these types of people.
Ford did not approve this video. This video was NOT supposed to be released in public. The advertising agency that made this video is no longer in business.

Yes, malevolence exist in horror flicks, too. I don't care much for horror films. Do you?

Here's a much, much better analysis.

World-View

Horror pictures promote a particular type of world-view, one that leans toward the mechanistic side of the organismic-mechanistic dimension, the fatalism end of the agenticism-fatalism dimension, the fairness pole of the fairness-inequity dimension, and the malevolent fringe of the malevolent-benevolent dimension. Like Frankenstein’s monster, horror pictures are diverse bits of legend, myth, and superstition sewn together to form a whole that is the sum of its individual parts. John Carpenter, director of Halloween (1978), took a mechanistic approach to the principal subject of his story, Michael Myers, who becomes nothing short of a killing machine. Horror movies from Dracula (1931) to Final Destination (2000) often emit a strong sense of fate or destiny. Likewise, despite the senseless violence, there is an odd sense of fair play in many horror films, such as the well-recognized fact that promiscuous girls are significantly more likely to be killed in slasher films than chaste girls (Weaver, 1991). In following up on some of Weaver’s findings, Oliver (1993) discovered that traditional attitudes toward female sexuality (i.e., women should remain virgins until marriage) were associated with greater liking for graphic horror films in which sexually promiscuous women were victimized. Finally, horror pictures tend to promote a malevolent world-view as evidenced by Forgas’ (1991) observation that positive moods foster a belief that the environment is safe whereas the negative emotions aroused by horror films often give the impression that the environment is unsafe. It is hypothesized, therefore, that more regular viewers of horror films should possess more mechanistic, fatalistic, fairness-leaning, and malevolent world-views than less regular viewers of horror films.

Even while promoting mechanistic, fatalistic, fairness-leaning, and malevolent world-views, horror films are not exclusive to these poles and often touch on organismic, agentic, inequity, and benevolent themes as well. Watching a horror picture is a little like taking the Rorschach inkblot test, in the sense that our perception determines what we see. In this way, horror films both create and reinforce particular world-views. Halloween (1978) may offer a mechanical killer, but there are several more multi-dimensional characters, particularly Laurie Strode (played by Jamie Lee Curtis) and Dr. Loomis (played by Donald Pleasance), which give a more holistic and balanced feel to the picture. Despite fatalism being the principal theme of Final Destination (2000), by the end of the picture the two main characters, Alex (played by Devon Sawa) and Clear (played by Ali Larter), have defied fate. The five teenage victims in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) unwisely pick up an obviously deranged hitchhiker and then enter a house they have no business entering. The deaths of these “Darwin Award” hopefuls are not only inevitable, they seem almost justified. Inequity may nevertheless enter the picture in that these teenagers are as much victims of their own stupidity as they are of Leatherface, yet how they die (hung on a meat hook, bludgeoned to death with a sledgehammer) seems grossly disproportional to the severity of their offenses, a conclusion with which director Tobe Hooper may or may not agree. Even though Hitchcock’s The Birds is clearly pessimistic in outlook, the movie offers the audience several rays of hope scattered throughout the picture. Noteworthy examples are: At the beginning, Mitch buys two innocent lovebirds. And the ending is open , making way and leaving room for optimism.

In this analysis it attempts to explain 8 theories as to why people watch horror movies involving the killing of human beings, even animals, too.

http://www.calstatela.edu/faculty/sfischo/horrormoviesRev2.htm

If that's the case then probably half of all Hollywood actors and directors have this problem then when it comes to making horror flicks and such when it comes to producing human depravity on film. What about horror writers like King and such?

I know several ones saying,"Oh, man!" Some of them try to cover their mouths, and trying to not laugh so hard, then say ," Oh, poor cat! that's terrible!" They did air it several times on some cable channels like Bravo and Spike.

I do admit that I like dark comedy depends on a good plot like Fight Club, for example. I watched Fargo, and find it boring. Many people told me who find Fargo very tasteless, and are trying to figure out why Fargo was funny.

I know several ones saying,"Oh, man!" Some of them try to cover their mouths, and trying to not laugh so hard, then say ," Oh, poor cat! that's terrible!" They did air it several times on some cable channels like Bravo and Spike.

I do admit that I like dark comedy depends on a good plot like Fight Club, for example. I watched Fargo, and find it boring. Many people told me who find Fargo very tasteless, and are trying to figure out why Fargo was funny.

Yes, dark comedy. Gallows humor. Etc. I think the problem stems from the fact it looked too real in this commercial and people are objecting to this more than anything else than they care to admit despite it being a fake in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back