French Mag to Publish Cartoons of Prophet Mohammed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't say that his rampage was the result of watching movies that attacked Christ.

It did say:

"His manifesto states "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie", calls religion a crutch and a source for drawing mental strength, and says "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment." Regarding the term cultural Christian, which he says means preserving European culture, he notes, "It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy...)"[179][2] Furthermore, Breivik stated that "myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God."

take it with a grain of salt because we both know Steinhauer is not very good at focusing in subject at hand.

402605_385351018202828_1687740554_n.jpg

come on....
I don't know anything about the movie on the left. I do know that the movie on the right wasn't made by the USA. The illustration is very misleading.

Oh .. excuse me ... :roll: Post #3 ... oops.

No, I am not going to answer your question as it is a silly deflect from your obvious trolling in post #3.

I thought you want to focus on the subject at hand? You do not want to move on and get back to topic?

I don't know anything about the movie on the left. I do know that the movie on the right wasn't made by the USA. The illustration is very misleading.

it's not meant to be taken literally.

so any reaction about French mag publishing offensive cartoon of prophet Mohammed?

it's not meant to be taken literally.

so any reaction about French mag publishing offensive cartoon of prophet Mohammed?
It seems like a stupid idea to intentionally try to stir the pot but that's their prerogative.

Honestly, does anyone seriously believe that the stupid youtube movie was the cause of violence that resulted in the deaths of the four embassy personnel?

It seems like a stupid idea to intentionally try to stir the pot but that's their prerogative.

Honestly, does anyone seriously believe that the stupid youtube movie was the cause of violence that resulted in the deaths of the four embassy personnel?

Susan Rice, party of 1. :lol:

more like a very organized act by terrorists to attack embassy.

the bible is banned in most moslim countries and death penalty to many who have one....it sickens me that a christian Downs CHILD was arrested for tearing page out of koran happen in last few weeks in pakistan it was not her it was imman who did it.a woman is on death row in afganistan for becomming christian i have ask myself why are brits and american troops dying for this

I want to put my feedback into this if possible. A lot of people on one side have a problem with Muslims. While on the other side there is also a lot of people who have a problem with Christians. Now some people associate the word terrorist with religious radicals who destroy and kill in the name of their god and folks I am here to tell you that has been going on way before September 11th. While yes there are Muslim terrorist there are also Christian terrorist. In fact the Templar order which stems back to 1200 A.D. was started as a terrorist group of sorts to wipe out Muslims and guess what they were Christians in the Templar order. It was all Christian...Well that or Catholic I forget. I don't have a problem with religion. I only have a problem with people who kill in its name. Violence while sometimes necessary is never a good choice as a first answer. Keep in mind folks I have family that is Muslim just as well as Christian and Catholic.

My two cents worth is that there well always be a movie, a magazine or a newspaper that brings up an issue that disgust us to the point we sometimes become nauseous. We may even see this as an abomination to the point it is repugnant.
However, our actions taken in respond to the issue must not be of such that others see is as repugnant nor view us with disgust.

I myself am often disgusted with the editorial pages of my local newspaper, the Houston Chronicle, which continually post drawings that in the name of humor are nothing more than detrimental and pernicious. Yes, some may even be seen as blasphemy. However, for lack of a better word, this paper is fair because it does these editorial "comics" aimed at everone and every religion. I have never tempered my respond to the editorial page but, since I do accept Freedom of the Press a being right next to Freedom of Speech, I don't let what I read nor see on screen control me.

At best, those who would allow what they read or see to cause them to commit murder and destruction must be seriously punished for their behavior.

I have never tempered my respond to the editorial page but, since I do accept Freedom of the Press a being right next to Freedom of Speech, I don't let what I read nor see on screen control me.

You should exercise your Freedom of Speech by responding to it and say - "this is unacceptable and hateful."

You chose to do nothing. That's also Freedom of Choice.

The movie was used as an excuse to have the attacked. The attack was too well plan to had been about the movie. But the movie did stir the the hate up against us even more. We're dealing with terrorists and they'll use any excuse
to attack us.

You should exercise your Freedom of Speech by responding to it and say - "this is unacceptable and hateful."

You chose to do nothing. That's also Freedom of Choice.

That is what the Imams said when they handed the protesters RPG's.

my sisterinlaw was iranian married my brother just before the aytolla started his rein of terror...my sisterinlaw was executed in front of her two small children and husband,but because islam is so kind and caring they gave my brother the choise of death for his wife hung shot or stoned,in front of my two nephews he asked that she be shot....so forgive me if i can't find one redeeming thing in that dreadful religion

my sisterinlaw was iranian married my brother just before the aytolla started his rein of terror...my sisterinlaw was executed in front of her two small children and husband,but because islam is so kind and caring they gave my brother the choise of death for his wife hung shot or stoned,in front of my two nephews he asked that she be shot....so forgive me if i can't find one redeeming thing in that dreadful religion
I'm very sorry for what happened to your brother's family. That's terrible. :(

How are they (your brother and nephews) doing now? Are they safe?

how horrible...

but that sounds more like extremists' twisted interpretation of Islamic law. it's the extremists who perverse Islam religion that killed your relatives, not the followers of Islam religion. Many Muslim leaders and followers are very critical of such barbaric acts as described in your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back