For Women: How to protect yourself during a trip to a night club.

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was watching Travel channel, about how women been drug raped, purse being stolen. There is red flag warnings to avoid, learn the signs that warn you not to do, Here's the insider tips on how to avoid being a victim.

When going to a nightclub, go with friends, Don't go alone. Carry a small purse nothing too value like credit cards or too much cash, Just bring what you are going to be spending at the nightclub. Do not leave your purse or drink unattended, if you are going on a dance floor and dance. Make sure you carry your purse with you while dancing, have your friends stay at the table to watch your drink if you have to leave your drink unattended. Pay attention to what is happening around you.

If you see the colored blue in your drink, nor If you see something float up in your drink, Don't drink it. << Date Rape Drugs. But, to be honest some date rape drugs are colorless and odorless. That's why it is important to never leave your drink unattended. If someone is getting you a drink, Watch what this person who is serving you the drink. ;)

When you're leaving, don't announce that you're walking alone, or getting in your car alone. Make sure you have a friend that you know very well and trust to walk you out to your car or walk home with you.

Don't give a whole bunch of information about yourself to a person you just met at a nightclub.

Trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable, remove yourself from the situation immediately, even if you think you're being rude.

Play it safe, girls! I don't want to see anyone being the victim of any date rape or purses being stolen. ;)

Wow, thank you for sharing this! I learned something new becuase I didnt go to Nightclub before, just a bar that's it. :thumb:

Sweetheart said:
Wow, thank you for sharing this! I learned something new becuase I didnt go to Nightclub before, just a bar that's it. :thumb:

You're welcome, Me too, I've learned a great deal tonight about date raped, and how to protect yourself. I thought to share this with all the women here at AD, I don't want it happening to anyone because date rape is a power trip, If it does happened to anyone, get help please, don't take a shower, report it, get medical attention as soon as possible, let this person who raped you be put behind bars. :thumb:

I have went to club once in a while & I'm glad you posted that up. It is very true. Usually when I get a drink, I just drink it all up first or throw it up or whatever because I have heard of this news so many times. Eh so avoiding that! Thnx for info tho! :)

Yea every time I go to the club I only carry that I need and put it in the wallet and then put it in my back pocket. I also go with a friend or a date. Which I did last Saturday and we met our friends there. We had a good time. :D

Cheri said:
I was watching Travel channel, about how women been drug raped, purse being stolen. There is red flag warnings to avoid, learn the signs that warn you not to do, Here's the insider tips on how to avoid being a victim.

When going to a nightclub, go with friends, Don't go alone. Carry a small purse nothing too value like credit cards or too much cash, Just bring what you are going to be spending at the nightclub. Do not leave your purse or drink unattended, if you are going on a dance floor and dance. Make sure you carry your purse with you while dancing, have your friends stay at the table to watch your drink if you have to leave your drink unattended. Pay attention to what is happening around you.

If you see the colored blue in your drink, nor If you see something float up in your drink, Don't drink it. << Date Rape Drugs. But, to be honest some date rape drugs are colorless and odorless. That's why it is important to never leave your drink unattended. If someone is getting you a drink, Watch what this person who is serving you the drink. ;)
When you're leaving, don't announce that you're walking alone, or getting in your car alone. Make sure you have a friend that you know very well and trust to walk you out to your car or walk home with you.

Don't give a whole bunch of information about yourself to a person you just met at a nightclub.

Trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable, remove yourself from the situation immediately, even if you think you're being rude.

Play it safe, girls! I don't want to see anyone being the victim of any date rape or purses being stolen. ;)

NOT ONLY THAT, always keep your drink covered with your hands, i DO THAT ALL THE TIME, cuz you never know since night clubs tend to be "PACKED" and DARK--- hard to see what is going on... ANYONE CAN SLIP ANYTHING INTO YOUR DRINK WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE... YOU WOULD BE VERY SURPRISED! men are very "slick" :ugh: and also i never go to nightclubs alone anyway and tend to carry a small clutchpurse too... with my driver's license, money and little makeup.... that's it... :D

Sweetheart said:

it can happen at bars too!... so you can't be TOO CAREFUL at night clubs only! :)

Yes Feistychick, That's why I said on my first post that to pay attention to what is happening around you, because when the music goes on sometimes it gets darker where everyone are sitting by the table, because of the lights on the dance floor. Thanks for your input, that would help too. ;)

FeistyChick said:
it can happen at bars too!... so you can't be TOO CAREFUL at night clubs only! :)

and parties at friend's house. It can happen anywhere at any time. Even on blind dates or first time meeting dates.

Cheri said:
Yes Feistychick, That's why I said on my first post that to pay attention to what is happening around you, because when the music goes on sometimes it gets darker where everyone are sitting by the table, because of the lights on the dance floor. Thanks for your input, that would help too. ;)

yea>>> VERY SCARY!!! :Ohno:

oh another thing i wanted to add... yea you can have your friends watch your drinks if you go to the bathroom or whatever.... BUT..... the problem is... what if they are drunk??? or they forget about your drinks while they are talking to other people.... it has happened alot... (sigh) i wish we could go back to the "old days" :( where DATE DRUGS never existed :(

FeistyChick said:
NOT ONLY THAT, always keep your drink covered with your hands, i DO THAT ALL THE TIME, cuz you never know since night clubs tend to be "PACKED" and DARK--- hard to see what is going on... ANYONE CAN SLIP ANYTHING INTO YOUR DRINK WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE... YOU WOULD BE VERY SURPRISED! men are very "slick" :ugh: and also i never go to nightclubs alone anyway and tend to carry a small clutchpurse too... with my driver's license, money and little makeup.... that's it... :D

I preferred to put money in my sport sock or bra when I go to the night club. I do not carry anything purse. As for my driver license, I would put it in my pocket.

spanish fly pill may goes into your wine glass. :lol:

Cheri said:
and parties at friend's house. It can happen anywhere at any time. Even on blind dates or first time meeting dates.

oh yea! right on! :Ohno:

thank god it has never happened to me! i feel bad for those innocent/naive girls though! :ugh:

It is a good advice for all women, though. All men aren't bad but a few ones are bad. Going out with a good friend will be a good idea but use your brain first.

FeistyChick said:

Yeppers but I went to the bar ONCE for my birthday, my daddy was with me at there. Would men come up to me because I have a father with me? :lol:

Cheri said:
You're welcome, Me too, I've learned a great deal tonight about date raped, and how to protect yourself. I thought to share this with all the women here at AD, I don't want it happening to anyone because date rape is a power trip, If it does happened to anyone, get help please, don't take a shower, report it, get medical attention as soon as possible, let this person who raped you be put behind bars. :thumb:

Yeppers I agreed with you, no wonder my dad taught me how to fight, defense myself to making men being pain for awhile and such like that. Also my best friend's ex boyfriend showed me how to do something to men also.

Wow, I'll make sure I drink it all before going to the bathroom or on the dance floor.... :ugh2:

Thanks for sharing this information sis, I learn alot!

Sweetheart said:
Yeppers but I went to the bar ONCE for my birthday, my daddy was with me at there. Would men come up to me because I have a father with me? :lol:

:giggle: They won't approach you when daddy is around.

Cheri said:
:giggle: They won't approach you when daddy is around.

:giggle: It's so funny when I asked becuase I just went to the bar once in whole of my life. Poor men that my daddy was with me :D

One other thing i would suggest, if your going to get drunk, have someone who is not much of a drinker stay with you. I think it's much safer that way.

sometimes if I go to the nite club with friends and including female..i would volenteer to not get drunk and watch the girl's back for safety. thats why id rather toke more than drinking LOL. But I am fully aware that the girls can take care of themselves...sometimes u cant help it but really care for your friends.

Great advice, Cheri :)

Sweetheart said:
:giggle: It's so funny when I asked becuase I just went to the bar once in whole of my life. Poor men that my daddy was with me :D

LOL Good idea to bring your Daddy with you hahaha

:)

P.S. if Daddy cannot go with you, then bring a beautiful
shiny Rifle with you (or you might prefer bow & arrow)

Back