For Newbies

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
www dot AllDeaf dot com

1. This place is where you first enter the AllDeaf site.

Number-ONE.gif

Deaf Community

2. The area is very social place. It is good for newbies to visit there.

a.) Introduce Yourself Section: You can come and visit the section to say hello to newbies. If former members are back, you can say "welcome back" or something you want to say it.

b.) General Chat Section: That section is for randomness and chatting. It is the most popular place to visit. :)

c.) Current Events Section: If you want to update an article, news, weather news, politics, or something is related to current events, please visit that place.

- If it is about politics or wars, it should go in the War & Political News sub-section.

- If it is about stupid and/or bizarre news, it should go in the Strange & Stupid News.

- If it is about deaf related news like a famous deaf person, how deaf school is doing currently, and so on - it should go in the Deaf News.

d.) Pictures & Videos Section: That section is for anyone who want to post it with their various pictures and/or videos. It could be family, friends, vacation, night party, or whatever it is! :D This place is only for AD members to view their pictures and/or videos. Guests can't see any picture or any video.

e.) Our Culture, Our World Section: If you want to study histories, Deaf culture, and else - you should visit there. The area have it sub section, Deaf Musicians. It is just about hobby for music, songs, singers, and etc etc.

Number-TWO.gif

Deaf Interests

It is still same thing like you see each section in the Deaf Community area. It is always better to read a description under the section. For an explain -

Sign Language & Oralism
America Sign Language, English Sign Language, Oralism. Which one is it going to be, and why?

Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants
Opinions and experiences about hearing aids or cochlear implant, and how it affects one’s life.

Number-THREE.gif

Number-FOUR.gif

Number-FIVE.gif

Number-SIX-n-SEVEN.gif

Number-EIGHT.gif

===== === ===== === ===== === ===== === ===== === =====

AllDeaf's Current Activity

Whats-Going-On.gif

AllDeaf's FAQs

http://www.alldeaf.com/how-use-alldeaf-forum/29004-forum-faq.html

You always can visit the FAQs. It is really full of informative thread. :thumb:
You should check it out there!

Last edited:
I enter AllDeaf. OK, if you want to go to chat with your friends.
So which should we go to?
General Chat in the Deaf Community area.

STEP-1.gif

Now, that is what you and I see the section like this.

STEP-2.gif

To pick any thread you want to read! I ramdonly choose this thread
that said "Oh no!!!!!!". Uh, yeah, something is wrong..... O.o

STEP-4.gif

Ah-ha! Someone's birthday. :D Well, that is a while ago. :)

STEP-3.gif

Now you can post a comment... Could be anywhere else! :D

Quotes-QUICK.gif

NOTE: The forum does not have < and > for bold, italic, and others (< b >, < i >, < u >, etc). It only have [ and ] codes for any comment. Explain - [ B ], [ I ], [ U ], and others.

HOW TO EDIT YOUR POST?

Quotes-EDIT.gif

This will happen when you click it. :)

Quotes-EDIT-II.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE! Once you post a comment, the edit button will disappear after 18 hours (if you are a VIP member, the edit button will disappear after 24 hours). So it is always better to think critically and/or looking for your grammar errors that need to be fixed.

About multi-quotes, you can visit two threads:

* How to Multiquote Different Posts on AllDeaf Part 1

* Part Two

Last edited:
perhaps resize it to message board size in photobucket?

I just talked with Betty and she said it is fine. She likes bigger pictures so I left that way. Now I fixed the whole thread so what do you think? I hope my tutorial is helpful and useful.....

I just talked with Betty and she said it is fine. She likes bigger pictures so I left that way. Now I fixed the whole thread so what do you think? I hope my tutorial is helpful and useful.....
seems fine on my 24" monitor :lol:

Good Suggestion! :ty: KarissaMann

I'll make this sticky for them to look it thru. :)

How to Upload a Picture?

Pictures-Steps-By-Steps-01.gif

--- ----- --- ----- --- ----- --- ----- --- ----- --- ----- ---​

Pictures-Steps-By-Steps-02.gif

Pictures-Steps-By-Steps-04.gif

Pictures-Steps-By-Steps-03.gif

Pictures-Steps-By-Steps-05.gif

Pictures-Steps-By-Steps-06.gif

After you uploaded your picture(s) and closed the window, you will need to to click a button, "Submit Reply" (see the blue button right next to Preview Post button) and it will show your picture(s).

How to Post a Picture from Your Account?

Picture-Uploader-Sites.gif

a) Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
b) Gallery
c) TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
d) Photo Books, Holiday Cards, Photo Cards, Birth Announcements, Photo Printing | Shutterfly
e) Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing
f) Others - Go to Google, then to type "pictures uploaders", "pictures uploads", or whatever you want to say. After that, you pick any site you want.

1. I have my photobucket account so I will show you guys how to find an IMG link for AllDeaf Forum. Almost all pictures-uploader sites have the IMG link option, anyways. :)

Posting-Pictures-01.gif

2. There is always will have an upload button for pictures uploader sites like Photobucket that you can see the number 2 from the picture. See below.

Posting-Pictures-02.gif

See the number 3? This is where you can find the IMG link. It will auto-copy a link by itself and you can paste it in any comment.

That is all. Have a question? You can post a comment to here, or to post a thread at How to Use the AllDeaf Forum section. :)

Last edited:
Hi i am new to this place i have been here but not as much so now like to check this out see any good i see the site you just explain it good i do understand clearly but there is only one problem i having trouble like they send me message how do i reply them back i don't see any .... or do i be patient to wait? pls let me know Thank.

Hi i am new to this place i have been here but not as much so now like to check this out see any good i see the site you just explain it good i do understand clearly but there is only one problem i having trouble like they send me message how do i reply them back i don't see any .... or do i be patient to wait? pls let me know Thank.

I'm not sure what you do mean. Do you mean to click on the Rely buttons for respond to someone's comment? Or do you want to know whenever someone replied to your comment?

Here's a few links that may answer your question.

http://www.alldeaf.com/how-use-alldeaf-forum/66080-how-quotebreak-single-quote-into-multiple-w-video-2-a.html.

http://www.alldeaf.com/how-use-alldeaf-forum/66078-how-multiquote-different-posts-alldeaf-w-video.html

In a case if you want to know someone replies to your comment... You will need to go to the User CP (Look up at the upper left corner when you are first enter the AllDeaf website).

1. User CP
2. Settings & Options
3. Edit Options
4. See "Messaging & Notification"
5. See "Default Thread Subscription Mode" in the line of square
6. You have five options, so you must to pick only one option.
  • a. Do Not Subscribe
    b. No Email Notification
    c. Instant Notification
    d. Daily Notification
    e. Weekly Notification

I hope that helps! :)

I signed up last week. Why do my posts have to be reviewed by a moderator before they post? How long will this continue?

I signed up last week. Why do my posts have to be reviewed by a moderator before they post? How long will this continue?

Until you have satisfied the mods that you are not a spammer, a scammer, or any other type of undesirable.

Work hard to prove yourself worthy! :wave:

Until you have satisfied the mods that you are not a spammer, a scammer, or any other type of undesirable.

Hrm. I posted something more than 2 days ago, and something else yesterday, and they still haven't shown up.

Not sure what's going on here.

Yeah... I can't take posters seriously when someone asked something that is not true. No posts are reviewed by Mods. All users will just post a comment on anywhere here.

I notice a few trolls who try to fish me for their foolish questions in my FAQs for Newbies threads. Some questions are just so silly... I am not going to fall for it.

Yeah... I can't take posters seriously when someone asked something that is not true. No posts are reviewed by Mods. All users will just post a comment on anywhere here.

I notice a few trolls who try to fish me for their foolish questions in my FAQs for Newbies threads. Some questions are just so silly... I am not going to fall for it.

I posted several comments on the "Cochlear Implants and Hearing Aids" section, only to have a message flash on my screen that my post must be reviewed before it will appear. 3 days later, 2 of my posts still haven't shown up.

It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

LOL. I don't believe you. I commented my posts before and no Mod did review my posts. I don't think any AD'er have that issue.

If you have a problem with posts, then you should ask Mods by then.

Great FAQ. It was extremely well thought out and presented. Thank you.

I have also had the same problem. It's been 4 or so days already and my Introduction post and another still has not shown up. I didn't want to be annoying and keep posting if I was not welcome.

Back