First haircut gone wrong

Waitbird

Reaction score
I just HAVE to complain about this. So I asked my mom to take my daughter for a haircut before our holiday pictures. She thought $15 was too much to spend for a professional cut so she cut my daughters hair herself. (This is my older hearing daughter, not my new baby.) OH MY GOSH it turned out AWFUL. So BAD. I’m cringing and crying. She made my daughter look like a little Amish boy! It looks like she did the whole “bowl cut” thing only much worse, like a drunk incompetent person took some scissors and just went to town. The worst part is it’s right before our family holiday picture, the reason I wanted a pro to do it. We could’ve afforded the damn $15. That baby hair was so precious to me. Please commiserate with me on this one. My beautiful baby girl looks like she lost a fight to some hedge clippers. I don’t even want to take her out of the house for thanksgiving tomorrow it’s so bad. Literally crying.

Last edited:
I just HAVE to complain about this. So I asked my mom to take my daughter for a haircut before our holiday pictures. She thought $15 was too much to spend for a professional cut so she cut my daughters hair herself. (This is my older hearing daughter, not my new baby.) OH MY GOSH it turned out AWFUL. So BAD. I’m cringing and crying. She made my daughter look like a little Amish boy! It looks like she did the whole “bowl cut” thing only much worse, like a drunk incompetent person took some scissors and just went to town. The worst part is it’s right before our family holiday picture, the reason I wanted a pro to do it. We could’ve afforded the damn $15. That baby hair was so precious to me. Please commiserate with me on this one. My beautiful baby girl looks like she lost a fight to some hedge clippers. I don’t even want to take her out of the house for thanksgiving tomorrow it’s so bad. Literally crying.

It won't do anything for Thanksgiving day but a professional can probably rescue it. It will be short but probably can be made to look nice.

^^ agree with Reba, cute hats or scarves even.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "I'm sure the haircut can be saved!" though- I'm not a parent but can understand the anguish and frustration of a parent when someone else (even the grandmother...) goes against what they wanted and it turns out bad to them.

My mom just got my 4 year old a super bad hair cute. Chopped up banges about an inch long. :eek2: hate it. But amazing thing about hair, it will grow out haha. Your daughter is still very young so it might take a little longer, but reba said cute hats, and winter is the best time for a cute hat :)

My mom just got my 4 year old a super bad hair cute. Chopped up banges about an inch long. :eek2: hate it. But amazing thing about hair, it will grow out haha. Your daughter is still very young so it might take a little longer, but reba said cute hats, and winter is the best time for a cute hat :)

Hahah YES that’s it - the bangs are chopped to a 1/4”, like, why!?!! Sorry you can relate! Hahah and thanks for the sympathy everyone LOL I actually took Reba’s advice and got a little hat that she wore for ALL the pics. :wtflol:

There is nothing to worry.....It's hair.... it will grow..LOL :)

No, not even my daughter! I know it is something to have relatives involved in, but there are other ways to do that. I know what you mean, but you need to consider the risks if you go that route. Don’t worry about saying NO, there will be other less damaging opportunities to involve them in. In the meantime, try hair accessories like a bow.

My friend's daughter took a scissor without permission and cut off her long locks. She looked like an Amish boy. My friend took her to a professional and gave her a cute pixie haircut.

Back