Finally sold my house and closed the sale today.

Congrats!! So you can have one payment instead of two. I hope you enjoy your rental home. :thumb:

Your "former" home look clean and nice! Very southwestern style..

My house is 3,200 Sq ft, 4 bedroom, 4 1/2 bathrooms, 3 car garages (I called it "functional" home because of easy access). I am almost done finishing my basement. I may plan to downsize my home if either my job were affected or kids "flew" out of our nest, I would plan on having less than 2,000 sq ft with maintenance free neighborhood. My wife want log cabin in East area such as Vermont or Maine.

Catty

Yup, I had seen alot of them in AZ, CA and NV.

In West TX, there's alot of southwestern style house.

Crap houses in Boulder are going for $450,000 and rising.
Will never see sub $100,000 again in this town. Never has been under 100k in 20 years.

I can rent a room in a $500k house for around $800 a month in Aspen/Vail Colorado. I could even rent the whole house for half the cost of owning the same house. Lots of nice mountains and trees, wouldn't want to be there in the winter though!

It seems like you are trying to save money for stem cell to cure the deafness?

Your best bet would be Detroit.

Even before I knew about stem cells, I wasn't going to overpay for a house. Detroit has way too much crime. Pittsburgh is an option, however. Nice houses are going for $75,000 and for $50,000 I can get a small 2 bedroom house.

Same with popular city like Beverly Hills, West Hollywood and Laguna Beach so houses has never goes under 100k since 80's.

Those are locations for the rich. But even if I was rich, I would just buy a nice big house with acres of land in a middle class location and save the rest of my money. I am looking for affordable houses in middle class locations.

Back