Finally sold my house and closed the sale today.

The market is slow so congrats to anyone who quickly sells their house. Low prices are everything and prices will only go lower and stay low for many years. The house bubble has burst and still deflating.

The market is slow so congrats to anyone who quickly sells their house. Low prices are everything and prices will only go lower and stay low for many years. The house bubble has burst and still deflating.

Not everywhere. I sold my condo in Ruidoso for more than I paid.....alot more. And my house in Dallas is worth more now too. I am listing it next week.

Not everywhere. I sold my condo in Ruidoso for more than I paid.....alot more. And my house in Dallas is worth more now too. I am listing it next week.

Hmmm...I frequented Ruidoso alot. Part of my job.

Ruidoso Live Web Cam

Click on it and wait for about 30 seconds for it to come up. You should recognize this main street.

It didn't come up but it shouldn,t be hard to recognize....only two main streets there. Suddereth and Meachum. My place was off White Mountain. just behind The Links.

Ruidoso is awesome. Did you ever eat at Casa Blanca???? Green Chilie Fajitas are the best. Had to do my drinking at Farley's. The Quarter's didn't work for me because I would have to pass the Village Police,State Troopers, County Sheriff and Forest Rangers all on the way home. We called it the Gauntlet. DWI check points almost every weekend too.

Yep, at at those restaurants but only once. Mostly ate at Schlotzky's.

The cam is working. It's on Suddereth facing west with view of the white snow-capped Sierra Blanca (which is btw folks 12,003 feet high).

Ruidoso Live Web Cam

Went to that Ranger station in November. They have a really good looking female ranger there that was working behind the counter. Tell her I said hi if you ever get back there.

BTW condo was off of White Mountain Dr.

Growing up we didn't do much outdoors stuff....too hot in TX but every time I go out there I am ready to buy an old jeep and a tent and hit the mountains. Last time there I saw a 1962ish Toyota FJ...I almost bought it.

Not all of them, some cities has stable real estate market, some are bad, especially CA and FL so it depends on area that where you live in.

Hmmm...I frequented Ruidoso alot. Part of my job.

Ruidoso Live Web Cam

Click on it and wait for about 30 seconds for it to come up. You should recognize this main street.

Nice cam, it seems like similar to mountainous area in San Bernardino County, just off from north part of San Bernardino, like Lake Arrowhead and Crestline are very nice.

Congratulations on your settlement.

Many Americans are in the same boat, because many lenders are not lending, despite being bailed out by the federal government.

Deaf buyers are especially hurt, because they cannot buy even at these lower prices, unless they have an "in"

We have a long lasting reputation for helping deaf buyers (and therefore, sellers by being able to provide funding for buyers).

Donald.Sievers@************.com

Not all of them, some cities has stable real estate market, some are bad, especially CA and FL so it depends on area that where you live in.

I know Oil City is stable, but then you could get a house there for $50,000 during the bubble and prices are maybe $5000 less today. It's the affordable cities that have remained stable. If I keep waiting, previously unaffordable cities will become affordable again like they were before the bubble.

I know Oil City is stable, but then you could get a house there for $50,000 during the bubble and prices are maybe $5000 less today. It's the affordable cities that have remained stable. If I keep waiting, previously unaffordable cities will become affordable again like they were before the bubble.

Yup, I think you refer oil city as Houston?

It would be better for real estate to be at stable price with some of inflation every years but hyperinflation isn't good idea because I know it will crash and burst that put homeowners at risk when they try to sell the houses, being price in $500,000 for beautiful 4 BR/3BA houses are unacceptable, especially in CA.

Texas is very cheaper state, that what I know and you can get brand new nice house for less than $200,000 in some cities, I guess there is good and bad news in different day.

Yup, I think you refer oil city as Houston?

It would be better for real estate to be at stable price with some of inflation every years but hyperinflation isn't good idea because I know it will crash and burst that put homeowners at risk when they try to sell the houses, being price in $500,000 for beautiful 4 BR/3BA houses are unacceptable, especially in CA.

Texas is very cheaper state, that what I know and you can get brand new nice house for less than $200,000 in some cities, I guess there is good and bad news in different day.

Home prices are very cheap here in Tx. A house like mine here would be at least 4 or 5x more in California. Low home prices and no state income tax is why alot of businesses have been moving here. Normally our weather is pretty nice too. Just not this year. Property tax is the only real draw back money wise.

There's more than one Oil City ;)

I was looking into Texas when crap houses were going for $250,000 in south Florida. Those houses are now $125,000 which is still too much. I would like a house for $50,000 or at least for under $100,000. As prices drop more and more, this is becomming a reality in more and more cities.

Home prices are very cheap here in Tx. A house like mine here would be at least 4 or 5x more in California. Low home prices and no state income tax is why alot of businesses have been moving here. Normally our weather is pretty nice too. Just not this year. Property tax is the only real draw back money wise.

Same in AL but not cheaper as TX does or probably similar in some cases.

Texas is my most favorite state in US and have some families that live in.

I was looking into Texas when crap houses were going for $250,000 in south Florida. Those houses are now $125,000 which is still too much. I would like a house for $50,000 or at least for under $100,000. As prices drop more and more, this is becomming a reality in more and more cities.

Crap houses in Boulder are going for $450,000 and rising.
Will never see sub $100,000 again in this town. Never has been under 100k in 20 years.

It seems like you are trying to save money for stem cell to cure the deafness?

Your best bet would be Detroit.

Crap houses in Boulder are going for $450,000 and rising.
Will never see sub $100,000 again in this town. Never has been under 100k in 20 years.

Same with popular city like Beverly Hills, West Hollywood and Laguna Beach so houses has never goes under 100k since 80's.

Congrats!! So you can have one payment instead of two. I hope you enjoy your rental home. :thumb:

Your "former" home look clean and nice! Very southwestern style..

My house is 3,200 Sq ft, 4 bedroom, 4 1/2 bathrooms, 3 car garages (I called it "functional" home because of easy access). I am almost done finishing my basement. I may plan to downsize my home if either my job were affected or kids "flew" out of our nest, I would plan on having less than 2,000 sq ft with maintenance free neighborhood. My wife want log cabin in East area such as Vermont or Maine.

Catty

Back