Finally sold my house and closed the sale today.

kokonut

Reaction score
Man, what a long haul that was. The sale of my house finally closed today. I put it up on for sale with real estate agent in late May. Today, I cancelled my home owner insurance policy, turned off the gas, electric, and water and close those accounts today as well. No more worry about making two payments a month (one for my house in New Mexico and the rental house I am living in).

Here's my house I sold.

House For Sale in New Mexico

I'm looking forward to 2010! And put my 2009 year behind me. So long house! Adios amigo. Onward to the next challenge!

congratulation! that's a very nice humble abode you had there in New Mexico. How was New Mexico? I've been meaning to visit there.

Congrats! Best of luck with your new life.

That was a beautiful house. I used to live in El Paso. I really do like that area of the country.

I am surprised it took so long to sell even in this economy. Congratulations.

Nice house! I just bought new built ranch house last 3 years ago.

Congrats, that is very nice house you had there.

Congrats, that is very nice house you had there.

Yes, and my next one will be even nicer. I'll take my time in 2010 on that one. No hurry since I'm living in a rental house for now.

Yes, and my next one will be even nicer. I'll take my time in 2010 on that one. No hurry since I'm living in a rental house for now.

Near the ocean? Can you hear the mermaids singing?

Congrats! At least you don't have to pay so much anymore. :)

Congratulations, Koko! :) Your house was really nice. What really struck me, though, was the teddybear in the master bedroom. ;) :lol: You just don't seem like that type of guy. :P

Man, what a long haul that was. The sale of my house finally closed today. I put it up on for sale with real estate agent in late May. Today, I cancelled my home owner insurance policy, turned off the gas, electric, and water and close those accounts today as well. No more worry about making two payments a month (one for my house in New Mexico and the rental house I am living in).

Here's my house I sold.

House For Sale in New Mexico

I'm looking forward to 2010! And put my 2009 year behind me. So long house! Adios amigo. Onward to the next challenge!

Mine is still on the Market.. But guess that is because.. I live in Florida.

Thought I had it sold once.. just to break even. The deal did not go through. It had been on the market for over 6 months. any suggestions??

Congratulations, Koko! :) Your house was really nice. What really struck me, though, was the teddybear in the master bedroom. ;) :lol: You just don't seem like that type of guy. :P

That belong to my wife.

Mine is still on the Market.. But guess that is because.. I live in Florida.

Thought I had it sold once.. just to break even. The deal did not go through. It had been on the market for over 6 months. any suggestions??

It takes longer nowadays to sell a house. You can always add incentives such as additional housing allowance for new home buyers. Or improve your house a little bit by adding new appliances, new floor or carpet and such. Or lower the asking price, I did and it sped up the sale of my house. Talk to your real estate agent and ask him/her the stats on average length of time for a house to be sold in your area. Discuss these things with your real estate agent. If you're not satisfied with your agent, you can always switch to another agent. In this market it's a waiting game. My house happens to be in a very good neighborhood (only 7 years old) with a mix of retirees, young families, German Air Force personnel, and U.S. military personnel. It sure helps to have a nearby military air base, too.

Wow, it is a big house and brick? I thought most homes have adobe houses which is suppose to keep warm in the winter and cool in the summer. My sister would love a brick house if she was living up North. But she really prefer adobe houses better than brick especially in the Southwest. I guess rarely do we find any homes different than our adobe houses. Well, now that you are in the state of Washington, hope you have a good life there. Congratulation. :thumb:

Back