Ever talk to yourself?

Daredevel7

Adrenaline Junky
Premium Member
Reaction score
I admit it.. I talk to myself sometimes while I am driving to/from work. I have these little conversations in my head and don't realize that I am actually moving my lips and making facial gestures.

Also, sometimes I practice my fingerspelling by picking words on a billboard as I drive by and then trying to fingerspell it as fast as I can.

I've been caught by people in other cars many many many times.......most recently, yesterday morning!

Do you ever do anything like this?

That's nothing bad. People do that sometimes.

I knew a girl while growing up... she was always talking to herself. It wasn't small talk. It was full conversations. It was almost as if she was talking to an imaginary friend. Oh, did I mention that this wasn't when she was little? She was in junior high school.

I used to talk to myself outloud years ago when I thought no one was listening but one of my teachers put a stop to that so now I just think to myself all the time.

Is the real problem-answering yourself?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I do the same thing. I've often held full conversations with myself (sometimes, but rarely, out loud) and even a few times in the presence of others.

I do that when I feel so stressed or lots of things are on my mind. I thought its normal. lol

How do you guys talk to yourself? Do you actually pretend that you are talking to yourself? Or to an imaginary friend?

For me, I replay conversations in my head with a real person. Most of the time, it's actual old conversations, but sometimes it's a "future" or "possible" conversation that could take place.

How do you guys talk to yourself? Do you actually pretend that you are talking to yourself? Or to an imaginary friend?

For me, I replay conversations in my head with a real person. Most of the time, it's actual old conversations, but sometimes it's a "future" or "possible" conversation that could take place.

I don't pretend. I actually do converse with myself. I make statements and then counterpoints, or ask questions and then answer them.

I used to replay or preplay conversations with others, but I later found myself more interesting than other people, since I was able to predict their responses too easily or preferred actually talking to them instead of predicting a conversation.

yeah, in my head with vague or shape of figures but did not think who. All i need to talk it out, soemtimes i sign to myself. LOL

I definitely talk to myself when I'm driving. There's something about driving that makes me talk to myself. I converse with myself, ask myself questions and answer them. I get all deep and philosophical. I've pretended few times to be on the phone so that I don't look like a complete moron. :lol: I only sign to myself when I'm singing a song.

I
I used to replay or preplay conversations with others, but I later found myself more interesting than other people, since I was able to predict their responses too easily or preferred actually talking to them instead of predicting a conversation.

I do that all the time!

I have conversations with others in my head. Sometimes I'll talk aloud to myself.

Now, what makes me mad is that my daughter told me once that I mouth my name (or the letters, I guess) when I'm signing something. Now I think about that every time I sign my name and it drives me nuts. :crazy:

I admit it.. I talk to myself sometimes while I am driving to/from work. I have these little conversations in my head and don't realize that I am actually moving my lips and making facial gestures.

Also, sometimes I practice my fingerspelling by picking words on a billboard as I drive by and then trying to fingerspell it as fast as I can.

I've been caught by people in other cars many many many times.......most recently, yesterday morning!

Do you ever do anything like this?
nah. I spend most of my time catching people talking to themselves. and posting it online.

www.whoyatalkingto.com

Dunno what to say here....haha!...I think it's OK to talk to urself at times...but when it comes to "answering" urself....then, yeah, I'd be a little worried about that, just sayin'

I've been told that I make a "gurgling noise" whenever I find something that I've lost....but I've never had "conversations" (verbally or signing) with myself...it's all in my mind.

Back