During Pregnancy.....

OldNavyGirl

Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, i wanted to say Im pregnant at 10 weeks now. it is shocking news to me as well -- it was unexpected pregnancy plan. Yes, Im excited to have a kid coming into my life. I just found out at 8 wks -- because I noticed i was eating more and felt nausea often too -- thats when I realized I didn't have menstrual for 2nd month. I took 2 home pregnancy tests and both positive and I also went to clinic -- and its positive as well. I've dr appointment on may 7th for everything.

When you feel nausea -- what do you do ??
When you feel bloated -- what do you do ??
When you feel stomach pains -- what do u do ??

I've stomach pains on and off and it is also discomfortable and i tend to try rub my stomach to make it go away lol.

When i felt nausea -- i went ahead and eat before something happens but guess what. This morning is my very first time I felt sick and I had to go because i wasn't feeling good last night when i tried to eat but limited myself to eat and felt full. my stomach was discomfortable last night to morning but no stomach pains -- strange isn't it ? after i got to vomited - I felt a lot better.

I also read some sites said pregnancy women should eat dry cereal or crackers or toast before getting up from bed if u felt nausea. I wondered if it worked for people who has experiences with this ?

I'm new to all those stuff. Im very curious about your experiences.

CONGRATS!!! 1st baby eh? :)

It is normal that you feel sick till 2nd trimester. :) (2nd trimester is 13 weeks to 27 weeks, then 28 to 40 weeks is 3rd trimester)

Just test what it works for you with morning sickness...every mommy to be are different. :)

So wish you best of luck with your pregnancy!

Congratulations! How exciting for you :)

For me, I nibbled on toast or crackers all day. I also drank Ensure shakes - I find protein a great help for my nasuea - it may not work for everyone - but it did work for me.

There is not so much you can do about it but ride it out - hopefully it wont last too long for you!

My doctor said keep 7-up and saltine crackers by the bed and eat it before getting up.

It did seem to help.

:shock: Congratulations!! I'm so excite for you.

Well to be honest my first and second pregnancies are different from one another, during my second pregnancy, I had experienced morning sickness all through out my pregnancy. I was told to take prenatal vitamins later during the day to prevent sickness, that sure did not help none, either did dry toast or plain crackers. :lol:

I would eat plain toast first thing in the morning for nausea. With my first and second pregnancy I would try really hard to fight off the nausea and not vomit but with my third pregnancy I gave up and just went with it. When the nausea hit I just let myself be sick and I found that it helped rather than fight my body all the time.

Stomach pains are normal, your body is changing so rapidly. Just take it easy and try not to stress out.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

One more thing....

You can go to neat site called...

I am pregnant website

It is so neat to watch baby grow...what it going on inside your womb etc... and you can explore what you wanted to know. :)

FYI Stomach pain...could be gas or the uterus is stretching. It hurt if you stretch or get up fast unexpected.

Good Luck! And are you gonna find out as well?

wow I´m exciting for you!!!

I didn´t get morning sickness much during first pregnancy and no sickness in second pregnancy but suffer heartburn until birth at 2 pregnancies... Sucker!!!

I used those wrist bands with little balls that push on your pressure point on the inside or your wrist, you can get them at a drugstore, it is for airplane flying or motion sickness. The helped, did not make it go away, but helped. I did not try gingerale or the likes as I am not big on sugar, especially when pregnant, but that is just me. I found fresh ginger helped, as did smelling a wee bottle of peppermint oil from the health food store.

Conrats btw!!

I used those wrist bands with little balls that push on your pressure point on the inside or your wrist, you can get them at a drugstore, it is for airplane flying or motion sickness. The helped, did not make it go away, but helped. I did not try gingerale or the likes as I am not big on sugar, especially when pregnant, but that is just me. I found fresh ginger helped, as did smelling a wee bottle of peppermint oil from the health food store.

Conrats btw!!

Ginger does work with my motion sickness and nausea.

But I was very fortunate, That I have not experience any morning sickness with either of my pregnancy.

interesting.... I drink a lot of fluids. I have felt nausea few times but only ONE time i finally threw up yesterday.. it burns a little on my chest and needed to throw up. that was about it. its good cuz its not like everyday or too often. :) thanks for the feedbacks and the congrats. :) I'm doing good so far. I get tired easily at work. ugh.... but I'll survive. :)

Congratulations ONG!! You'll make a wonderful mom (as I've seen pictures) ;) What you're experiencing is totally normal!! My 2nd pregnancy is a bit more challenge than my first because the baby is pushing my stomach up to my boobs right now (and very active like hell) and that is uncomfortable. So, just eat small amount every couple of hours. As for heartburns, take tums. They're God sent. Watch salt-intake so you don't get too bloated. Drink plenty of fluids especially water. Again, congratulations!!

The fatigue should go away during the 5th to 7th month. Then start back up around towards the 9th month.

Plenty of rest and fluids. Eat small amounts each time you eat.

Limit the salt and caffeine intake. Avoid tea also since it contains an ingredient that strips your body of iron.

Again congrats!

Congrats...

Here's the website, it's great, and I use it all the time. It's Pregnancy.org | Getting Pregnant to Baby and Beyond!

I love it, I went through it during whole pregnancy and during whole infant stage... Heck I still use it. I'm in January 2006 club... so all you have to do is sign up and look for the birth club that your baby is going to be born in. For example, If you're due in December 2009, then you go into December 2009 Birth club.

Thought you may like to know this kind of website, it's really helpful and everyone is going through what you're going through. It's kinda like AD but only different. :)

Once again, congrats.

How exciting! I'm jealous! :)

Ginger was my secret to nausea. You can snack on ginger snap cookies. I liked to get ginger roots and incorporate it in my cooking, such as ginger chicken - yummy. And I drank Ginger Ale (limited it, though, because it is carbonated). Before bed, I liked to snack on 8 oz hard cheese and crackers to help me through the night.

Don't forget to take your prenatal vitamins - soooo important! :)

I am pregnant too, with 2nd baby. 20 weeks now.

I been sick for about 3 months. Vomit almost everyday, when woke up. And sensitive with smells, I could smell everything, some of stink, made me vomit cuz smell something. And sometimes throw up because of not eat. But now finally stopped last week. I been doing fine now.

My stomach was pain, I took Tylenol pills, it helped. Don't ever take advil pill, not good for pregnant.

I took hot tub, only for about 10 minutes at 12 weeks pregnant. I thought it will be fine, but next day, I got bleed and went to hospital, took shot to stop the bleed. That hot tub caused me bleed.

Also, about 2 weeks ago, I went to hospital because my stomach was in pain badly..I cried. I found out I had dry in body, because I didn't drink water. Need water.

When I get nausea, I just taking a nap..It worked for me. Yeah many people said eat cracker and drink water. But I couldn't eat much. I kept got full. I only eat one meal a day everyday. :-( Still eat one meal. But my belly show big already.

Oh yea, I read some people post. I forgot to mention, my 1st and 2nd pregnant is totally DIFFERENT!!! So different feeling, different kind of sick. 1st one, I has a boy. Now people kept telling me that they bet I will having a girl for 2nd one. I got a lot of sick with 2nd preg..but 1st preg, I only sick for 1 month that's it.

Back