DS vs PSP

Ziusudra

Reaction score
Alright! Which console are you going to get next, the Nintendo DS or the Playstation Portable? And make sure you include why!

Myself, I'm sticking with my Gameboy Advance SP. I'm happy with it for the time being. I'm also more interested in old school style games. But I know there are a lot of people out there who are interested in the new features of the DS/PSP.

Here, I have a Game Boy Player for my Gamecube. I prefer it to the handheld Game Boy Advance because you can play it on a TV.

Ziusudra said:
Alright! Which console are you going to get next, the Nintendo DS or the Playstation Portable? And make sure you include why!

Myself, I'm sticking with my Gameboy Advance SP. I'm happy with it for the time being. I'm also more interested in old school style games. But I know there are a lot of people out there who are interested in the new features of the DS/PSP.
PSP because of my loyalty to Sony and rpg games... Since I am a RPG fanboy so PSP is perfect for me.

PSP? Hahahahahahaha! No, thank you. I'm stick with Nintendo GBA SP and DS. I'm serious Nintendo fan since early days of NES and Game Boy.

Well, I'll rather wait and see how PSP turn out. After all, it is Sony's first handheld console.

Deathpit said:
PSP? Hahahahahahaha! No, thank you. I'm stick with Nintendo GBA SP and DS. I'm serious Nintendo fan since early days of NES and Game Boy.
Well, I am a Nintendo fan.. errr, was a Nintendo fan. Everyone was laughing at Sony Playstation when it firstly came out several years ago and know what? They no longer are laughing because Sony is the number one in game industry for several years.

Like what Banjo said, PSP is Sony's first handheld console so it is difficult to predict if PSP can shove Nintendo off 'King of the handheld console' the list or not like they did to Nintendo and Sega.

Edit: Before you or anyone jump the gun on me, I still am loyal to Nintendo because of NES and SNES but other than that, naw.

Last edited:
My kid said,"I like DS and Gamecube better psp sucks, Gamecube and DS rule! Also, I like the gameboy player. Besides, you can play GB and GBA games on the DS, too."

I like the DS Nintendo because that DS's touch screen is a fucking awesome. It might have a new multiplayer unless most people do not use the online with other persons. I hope that the DS nintendo will own the PSP that the PSP don't have a touch screen and PSP might have a low battery when it is going to down in about 4 to 6 hours. I see that the PSP have a really nice graphic and to connect with many people if it is working for a multiplayer online.

FutureGame2100 said:
I like the DS Nintendo because that DS's touch screen is a fucking awesome. It might have a new multiplayer unless most people do not use the online with other persons. I hope that the DS nintendo will own the PSP that the PSP don't have a touch screen and PSP might have a low battery when it is going to down in about 4 to 6 hours. I see that the PSP have a really nice graphic and to connect with many people if it is working for a multiplayer online.

Nintendo will have free DS wireless services all over world in next year. So is for 'Revolution' (use Wi-Fi wireless technology). We will able to play with others all over the world. Cool, eh?

Back