Do you think a deaf person has a

whodatshroom

Reaction score
chance at being a big time singer?

I think if you practice alot and so on, there's a chance you could.

Yeah..it's a possibily... one of my friends who is deaf.. she is a dancer for the theatre and she does ballet and jazz.. she's so darn good! :D

Heather Whitestone is HoH and did ballet some years ago when we both went to school together. I don't know if she continues to do her ballet but just a thought. :mrgreen:

hmmm not dancer! whodatshroom said "big time SIGNER" a deaf signing a song! not dancing or acting but SING!

So her question is can they be one?

Can a deaf singer (not signer ) appear on "American Idol" and win then become famous?

Originally posted by ChelEler
Heather Whitestone is HoH and did ballet some years ago when we both went to school together. I don't know if she continues to do her ballet but just a thought. :mrgreen:

I think she did use ballet for Miss America.

Tell you the truth - NO - but funny thing is I think I would be a perfect songwriter...I create up good songs and then later like a year or so, there is a song similar to mine and it is very popular - i get sad to think how much money I could of made the only problem is I cant do the notes - I can write the words but not the music......

singer.. that would be so cool! a deaf singer...

CAN'T be Hard of hearing that is cheating!

*singing VERY off key* :-x

:rofl: ill prolly break a few beer glasses or wine glasses while singing so OFF key hahaha

Shawn Dale Barnett was a famous Deaf drummer. He didn't sing, but he did make music. Does that help?

I said SINGER, NOT DANCING, MAKING MUSIC, OR ACTING, I MEANT SINGER...there's whole LOTTA DIFFERENCE TO THAT!!!

Originally posted by Fly Free
he died qq that i mustve not heard -- what was the cause if u know q

Cancer, but I was never able to find out what type.

Sorry, shroom, I just thought it might help. I think a deaf person can do anything they want, just like anyone else can.

I could have been a singer (not with voices) but in sign language.

I've even helped a cousin of mine to write country music songs.

I was involved in a project where there would be a verbal singer and I would be signing it together with him on the stage. It never turned out as expected due to his personal problems.

Back