Do You Believe in Ghosts ? Evil Spirits ?

Do You Believe in Ghosts ? Evil Spirits ?

• YES

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • MAYBE

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • NO

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Let me begin by saying that I know it's incredibly rude of me to barge in like this, having lurked on AD for nearly a week now without even introducing myself. I'll get right on that, but first...

Problem is... the books have been written by people.

Not just that... these books are selected by people and other books have been denied by people, in fact, other god-inspired books have been banned. Burned.

In addition to the potetional problem of mortals' role in composing and/or otherwise meddling with these holy books, there is the ever-present problem of human translation.

For example, the name "satan" comes from the Hebrew "ha-satan" -- a word meaning "the adversary" (with only a slightly negative connotation, but nothing resembling the Lucifer of later lore). Today's Satan comes from the Middle English evolution of the Old English translation of the Latin translation of the Greek use of the un-translated Hebrew word.

Check it out at Dictionary.com: "Origin: bef. 900; ME, OE < LL < Gk Satân, Satán < Heb śātān adversary" (scroll all the way down for further explanation).

Anyhow, that's why most Jews don't believe in the Devil as such -- it's not a concept in the Old Testament, or in the religion generally.

Last edited:
Okay. Let me begin by saying that I know it's incredibly rude of me to barge in like this, having lurked on AD for nearly a week now without even introducing myself. I'll get right on that, but first...

In addition to the potetional problem of mortals' role in composing and/or otherwise meddling with these holy books, there is the ever-present problem of human translation.

For example, the name "satan" comes from the Hebrew "ha-satan" -- a word meaning "the adversary" (with only a slightly negative connotation, but nothing resembling the Lucifer of later lore). Today's Satan comes from the Middle English evolution of the Old English translation of the Latin translation of the Greek use of the un-translated Hebrew word.

Check it out at Dictionary.com: "Origin: bef. 900; ME, OE < LL < Gk Satân, Satán < Heb śātān adversary" (scroll all the way down for further explanation).

Anyhow, that's why most Jews don't believe in the Devil as such -- it's not a concept in the Old Testament, or in the religion generally.
Eneles, welcome to AD...
Based on your post... I'm looking forward to read more from you.

Thanks for the welcome, Cloggy! I'm enjoying AD and its forum-folk so far. (Just hope I haven't "introduced myself" as a trouble-maker...) *grin*

I don't call them ghosts really. I believe in 'Spirts' We all have one after death.

The Jews don't believe that Jesus is their Messiah either. Not yet anyway.

The Jews don't believe that Jesus is their Messiah either. Not yet anyway.

I'm not really sure what that's supposed to mean, in the context of my above post. Are you willing to explain further?

I'm not trying to create enemies here, just being logical and analytical about certain things.

No, that's men believing in hell.

BTW, Is a bible written in english really believable..???

It's no different than translating English version books to Spanish language which is what we all are doing here now-a-days.

Nothing in the bible can be proven, that's why it's called faith. Not fact.

If you guarantee that the Bible is not fact and when translated to English, are you saying that the Oxford Dictionary written by scholarsand translated for hundreds of years, is not a fact either? How about History books written by Historians, are they not fact documents as well? For thousands of years, Theological scholars and religion leaders record documents the same way any other leaders and/or scholars record their documents in other areas of expertise. Except they call it the "Bible". It's based on their recorded documents.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so it's ok if there are Bible believers out there. They don't have to proof you anything whether it exists or not. You can believe what you want and if I see you in heaven, then I will shake my hands with you and give you a warm welcome.

:)

I'm not really sure what that's supposed to mean, in the context of my above post. Are you willing to explain further?

It just mean you can't rely on a Jewish's interpretation of the bible if they haven't accepted Christ as their Messiah. And Jesus (which the jewish don't believe in or any of the New testaments) made it clear who Satan was:

Luk 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
Luk 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
Luk 4:7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
Luk 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

and about your theory of "evolution" of languages, well I just wanted to tell you that I believe that the Lord will preserve his Words no matter what. Everything that could have been proven his existence or his Words have been either destroyed or missing. One of the example is the original KJV bible manuscripts from the scholars. We all know it did exist, just don't know what happen to it:

Robert Barker

Last edited:
......It's no different than translating English version books to Spanish language which is what we all are doing here now-a-days.
Then why are there soo many versions of the bible... Translating is NOT a straightforward process.
......If you guarantee that the Bible is not fact ....
The Bible is based on myths. And these myths show how to behave. Hardly anything can be proven what's written there. (Only places like Rome, Jerusalem..) Worse, it's full with nonsens when you check the "facts" (Like I mentioned before... the town of Nazareth didn't exist in Jesus' time.... In fact, there are no records by any historians from that time mentioning Jesus... which is not strange... Tha MYTH of Jesus allready existed 2000 years BEFORE "christ". (See e.g. Dionysis)

But, had there been a need to proof the content of the bible for those that believe the bible, then "Christian faith" would be called "Christian fact"..

I do believe in spirits because I have seen them all of my life. And yes they do have evil spirits so they are called Demons. I just warn you just to respect the spirits and leave them alone.. if they want help, they will let you know. But one word of advice, do not ever mess with the Demon because it would haunt you bad and you would have nightmares for a long time so I suggest you to stay away and just be respectful. And if you do see a demon just say a prayer and say, "In Jesus' name, Amen."

I always believe that spirits are here for many different reasons such as helpess, didn't realize that she or he just died right away, unfinshed business, not ready to leave the earth and just rather be with loved ones until another one passes away then go to Heaven together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back