Do deaf people "hear" inner voice in their head??

I understand.

If you lost your sight, you could communicate with Miss Kat in a number of ways including tactile sign (PSE, SEE, ASL), print on palm (tracing block letters into the palm of the hand), Braille/raised print alphabet card (placing her finger on individual letters to spell out words), fingerbraille (using the first 3 fingers of each hand to tap out Braille characters on one's arm, lap or back), TeleBraille/Braille TTY or the computer.

Thanks for the info. I am losing my sight slowly, and have been since age 5, but it is not even close to a "low-vision/blind" situation.

[Just read post #38] Yes, I'm just like her a lot. Even now, I still remember my mom's voice after she passed away about twenty years ago.

Do you mean the inner monologue that people often have? Or do you mean voices separate from the persons own thought? I have an inner monologue in my head, but it's usually just to coincide with the imagery I see in there. Most of what goes on in my head is visual. That's why I love books more than music.

[Just read post #38] Yes, I'm just like her a lot. Even now, I still remember my mom's voice after she passed away about twenty years ago.

It's amazing you can still hear your mother's voice after that length of time. One of my greatest fears is losing the memory of how the voices of my parents, sister and best friend sound.

Yes, i'm deaf and can hear my own thoughts and I have voice memory, songs play in my head, plus i have tinnitus which is annoying as hell!! i don't know how i can hear in my head, but i can!

I used to live in Jax, FL in the early 1970's...i lost the rest of my hearing in 1990, so i only know songs from before then, but i have songs running in my head over and over and it takes alot of concentration to switch to another song, i have been successful in making it stop for awhile..then i just give in and let the song just play, the tinnitus varies in sometimes it gets so loud then other times really really high pitch, i woke up one day with this when i was 18 and it's never stopped!! That's like 30 yrs. ago! I've always had hearing loss, born with it from rubella..I don't know any deaf people!!! I've been in the hearing world all my life..everyone is so surprised at how well i speak when they find out i'm deaf...what can i say? i'm talented, hahahaha

Yes, i'm deaf and can hear my own thoughts and I have voice memory, songs play in my head, plus i have tinnitus which is annoying as hell!! i don't know how i can hear in my head, but i can!

How can you hear your own thoughts you just think your thoughts dont you?

False. Females do post in there.

Check out that forum before making any judgement.

Females have naturally occurring testosterone in their bodies, as well. Just not as much as males. And female body builders can, and do, use techniques to increase the amount of naturally occurring testosterone.

Nope. Not when it is informal in nature and the person conducting the survey doesn't input his data into a software program like SPS to help determine the validity of questions and responses.

A survey conducted here on AD does not represent the majority of people nor does it account for the non-biased way questions need to be asked.

For example, faire_jour recently posted a survey asking ADers if they were happy with their CIs. Even if 95% said they were, this is a very small representative sample and does not account for a wide age group since the average age of ADers ranges from 13 to 40. (You can verify this if you look at the website boardtracker.com)

I took a course in Statistics last semester, so I know what constitutes a valid survey.

Even the most valid survey has problems, due to the fact that it is self report.

I used to live in Jax, FL in the early 1970's...i lost the rest of my hearing in 1990, so i only know songs from before then, but i have songs running in my head over and over and it takes alot of concentration to switch to another song, i have been successful in making it stop for awhile..then i just give in and let the song just play, the tinnitus varies in sometimes it gets so loud then other times really really high pitch, i woke up one day with this when i was 18 and it's never stopped!! That's like 30 yrs. ago! I've always had hearing loss, born with it from rubella..I don't know any deaf people!!! I've been in the hearing world all my life..everyone is so surprised at how well i speak when they find out i'm deaf...what can i say? i'm talented, hahahaha

Thank goodness! I'm not "one of a kind" or unique!...HAHA....Mine started when I was about 23. A song would sing over and over!...(When I was trying to sleep)...Drove me insane! And when I told my friend about it...she looked at me "in a funny way"! People started asking me "Do you hear voices in ur head"?

And yes, I can still speak well. And for the heck of it, sing those "old tyme" songs around the house when I'm bored! My boys think I'm nuts when I do!

There are 2 songs that I stay with in order to go to sleep. Whenever I'm shopping alone...a song just "pops" up into my head and it's hard to concentrate!

Wella....guess we might as well go on "American Idol"...or have a pajama party and sing all night long! The dogs and cats will probably be howling!!!!

I'm totally deaf....just seems my brain doesn't think so! I dunno what song is gonna "pop up" in my head when I'm on my death bed!...Probably "Let the Good Times Roll" by Jerry Lewis, or "Whole Lotta' Shaking Going On"!

Thank goodness! I'm not "one of a kind" or unique!...HAHA....Mine started when I was about 23. A song would sing over and over!...(When I was trying to sleep)...Drove me insane! And when I told my friend about it...she looked at me "in a funny way"! People started asking me "Do you hear voices in ur head"?

And yes, I can still speak well. And for the heck of it, sing those "old tyme" songs around the house when I'm bored! My boys think I'm nuts when I do!

There are 2 songs that I stay with in order to go to sleep. Whenever I'm shopping alone...a song just "pops" up into my head and it's hard to concentrate!

Wella....guess we might as well go on "American Idol"...or have a pajama party and sing all night long! The dogs and cats will probably be howling!!!!

I'm totally deaf....just seems my brain doesn't think so! I dunno what song is gonna "pop up" in my head when I'm on my death bed!...Probably "Let the Good Times Roll" by Jerry Lewis, or "Whole Lotta' Shaking Going On"!

You are just a very musical person. Many professionals I know believe in "multiple intelligences". Musical intelligence is one of them. You would probably score very high on an IQ test of musical intelligence. So you aren't crazy...you are smart!

How can you hear your own thoughts you just think your thoughts dont you?

Not always. When I'm having a manic episode due to my bipolar, I have racing thoughts in which many different thoughts play over and over again in my head. They travel at 100 mph and make it very difficult to concentrate or think clearly.

This may sound a little stupid....but...did the musical tinnitus START when you were living in J'ville, Florida?.....I lived in N.C. when I lost my hearing....moved to J'ville, and not very long afterwards I started having these problems.....hmmmm....just being inquisitive!...Also, I never suffered from allergies until I moved to Florida, (J'ville)....dunno if there might be a "link" in all this. Air quality?

Back