Do deaf people "hear" inner voice in their head??

Jeebus I hate when hearies try to shout at me when I sign "i am deaf" That is fk up dude.

Yeah it was pretty rude when the hearies tried to shout at the deafies, that pissed me off. But what I was talking was not only those, but some good sounds such like I still remember my dog that died, her howling. I also can remember my cat's meow when it's near my ear. Before I got the CI surgery in my cochlea, my ear sometimes just happened became sensitive and start to hear my family talking.

I'm already there, I registered like 4-5 years ago? forgot what my SN is by now, asked a question or two and left. I then worked out my own ways to accommodate my wants.

Chances are its probably changed now, but I still saw a lot of 19-20 year old posts in the deaf topic! Surely it's still predominantly male is it not?

Hmm. Methink you might venture in wrong threads where theres stupid members post the stupid things. I usually go to 'fat loss' and 'nutrition' thread to learn more about how to get 6 paks and to lose weight.

Btw, how s your weight loss going lol.

Yeah it was pretty rude when the hearies tried to shout at the deafies, that pissed me off. But what I was talking was not only those, but some good sounds such like I still remember my dog that died, her howling. I also can remember my cat's meow when it's near my ear. Before I got the CI surgery in my cochlea, my ear sometimes just happened became sensitive and start to hear my family talking.

Thus that why I dont limit myself to alldeaf but rather to post in other forums to educate hearies. :)

Hmm. Methink you might venture in wrong threads where theres stupid members post the stupid things. I usually go to 'fat loss' and 'nutrition' thread to learn more about how to get 6 paks and to lose weight.

Btw, how s your weight loss going lol.

Yeah, probably. I got tired of the joke stuff and felt like it was wasting time.
I never had problem with weight loss (asian), mostly looking for tips on muscle mass. I have a tip for you tho if you want a 6 piece.

I started this back in high school, another friend shared it with me. Everyday for about a year, I lie back on the ground and move your upper torso about 15 degrees up, then move your legs about 15 degrees up. you should be like in a very wide V position. It's like a sit-up but a little different. Hold yourself like this for as long as you want, I did 1-2 minutes everyday, by the end of 3 months I was already seeing progress.

But then it depends on everyone's body mass and weight, success may vary. Everyone already has a six pack, they just gotta lose the belly blurb in front of it first!

Yeah, probably. I got tired of the joke stuff and felt like it was wasting time.
I never had problem with weight loss (asian), mostly looking for tips on muscle mass. I have a tip for you tho if you want a 6 piece.

I started this back in high school, another friend shared it with me. Everyday for about a year, I lie back on the ground and move your upper torso about 15 degrees up, then move your legs about 15 degrees up. you should be like in a very wide V position. It's like a sit-up but a little different. Hold yourself like this for as long as you want, I did 1-2 minutes everyday, by the end of 3 months I was already seeing progress.

But then it depends on everyone's body mass and weight, success may vary. Everyone already has a six pack, they just gotta lose the belly blurb in front of it first!

Ha If not for bodybuilding.com, I would keeping on working out without understing that it is not about lifting but its all about dieting which means that it s all about diet rather than weight lifting. So thank to that forum that it open my eyes that it is alll about dieting (80percent) what you eat will aid you into your goals.

Honestly, I would. It is the fear of the unknown, plus it would be such a radical life change. Also, I don't know how I would then communicate with Miss Kat.

I understand.

If you lost your sight, you could communicate with Miss Kat in a number of ways including tactile sign (PSE, SEE, ASL), print on palm (tracing block letters into the palm of the hand), Braille/raised print alphabet card (placing her finger on individual letters to spell out words), fingerbraille (using the first 3 fingers of each hand to tap out Braille characters on one's arm, lap or back), TeleBraille/Braille TTY or the computer.

Survery doesn't mean anything to you?

Nope. Not when it is informal in nature and the person conducting the survey doesn't input his data into a software program like SPS to help determine the validity of questions and responses.

A survey conducted here on AD does not represent the majority of people nor does it account for the non-biased way questions need to be asked.

For example, faire_jour recently posted a survey asking ADers if they were happy with their CIs. Even if 95% said they were, this is a very small representative sample and does not account for a wide age group since the average age of ADers ranges from 13 to 40. (You can verify this if you look at the website boardtracker.com)

I took a course in Statistics last semester, so I know what constitutes a valid survey.

Ha If not for bodybuilding.com, I would keeping on working out without understing that it is not about lifting but its all about dieting which means that it s all about diet rather than weight lifting. So thank to that forum that it open my eyes that it is alll about dieting (80percent) what you eat will aid you into your goals.

Nice you have a whey or protein brand you prefer to take? I have seen them from time to time but I have never decided to start on it. I think it makes a big difference tho, I have seen results in my friends.

Hear again: Linked for you to the poll, it has interesting (anecdotal) answers:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115554901

Nope. Not when it is informal in nature and the person conducting the survey doesn't input his data into a software program like SPS to help determine the validity of questions and responses.

A survey conducted here on AD does not represent the majority of people nor does it account for the non-biased way questions need to be asked.

For example, faire_jour recently posted a survey asking ADers if they were happy with their CIs. Even if 95% said they were, this is a very small representative sample and does not account for a wide age group since the average age of ADers ranges from 13 to 40. (You can verify this if you look at the website boardtracker.com)

I took a course in Statistics last semester, so I know what constitutes a valid survey.

LOL OKay here's the link to whether hearies want to be deaf or blind

Poll: Which you would rather to be blind or deaf? - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Ok I only take Whey ON Protien and Fish Oil. I take Superpump250 only on my lifting day.

Thanks for tip. I just bought 5lb Dynamix Whey P. because your post reminded me to finally try this out. I keep forgetting over and over to try until now.

Hear Again, it is not a scientific study of anything of some sort. Lumbingme is just trying to ask the population of bodybuilders on the internet, who are on the forum @ bodybuilding.com a simple question:

Would you be blind or would you be deaf if you had to choose one?

They also explained their reasons why they would or not. It's just a random poll (on a bodybuilding forum) for personal opinion, it has nothing to do with real world statistics, I think.

Mod note:

Posts started to have conversation back and forth ended up with name calling is removed.

Let's get on with the topic... agree or disagree in a civil manner.

Thank you!

~Calvin

Hear Again, it is not a scientific study of anything of some sort. Lumbingme is just trying to ask the population of bodybuilders on the internet, who are on the forum @ bodybuilding.com a simple question:

Would you be blind or would you be deaf if you had to choose one?

They also explained their reasons why they would or not. It's just a random poll (on a bodybuilding forum) for personal opinion, it has nothing to do with real world statistics, I think.

I do not consider it to be a valid survey. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

When I lost my hearing, I still could hear "roaring" "static" and sounds seemingly coming from a long distance away.

I lost my hearing in 1962....and I still remember songs/music from that year! Also remmy a dog's bark, a cat's meow....several things I remmy the sounds.

Today, ... 2009..and all these years, the songs continue thru my head! There is never a "silent moment" for me! Concentration is hard for me also! Things runing through my head will switch back and forth, even when I watch TV or am talking to someone.

I don't call it "voices", it's music, all types of instruments, depends upon the song and how it was played and sung.

I remmy the sounds of the saxophone, guitar, piano, organ...the list goes on and on, even the steel guitar.

There isn't a "silent" moment for me! Used to drive me almost crazy! But I've adjusted!

Anyone out there like this??...Would love to find out! :wave:

rockin'robin,

What you're experiencing is musical tinnitus. Musical tinnitus is when you hear a song playing in your head and can hear it just as well as if it were being played on the radio. I experience this too. I have an excellent auditory memory and can hear all of the songs I grew up with in the 70s and 80s playing in my head as if I could hear. Of course, I have CIs now, so I can listen to music, but even when I don't have my CIs on I can still hear music playing in my head. I can also hear the voices of my parents, sister and best friend in my head even though they passed away in 1999, 2001, 2004 and 2005.

I guess so, I do have inner voices in my head. Right now, I hear motor running like waterfall machine w/o aids

Back