Deaf muslim beggers

caz12

Reaction score
lastnight i was walking passed the Whitechapple Mosque and saw two muslim girls sitting on dirty pavements 12yards apart backs against public rubbish bins begging money rigt in front of mosque doors.Two girls signing to each other..i stopped joined in see what about...told me because they were deaf they no good to do anything constructive like job school so only thing they could do was beg for Allah.
In this day and age city like london,just what can you say

lastnight i was walking passed the Whitechapple Mosque and saw two muslim girls sitting on dirty pavements 12yards apart backs against public rubbish bins begging money rigt in front of mosque doors.Two girls signing to each other..i stopped joined in see what about...told me because they were deaf they no good to do anything constructive like job school so only thing they could do was beg for Allah.
In this day and age city like london,just what can you say

How old the girls are? Are they teenagers or young adults? Do they have benefits like Social Insurance which they could get some funds to support themselves instead of begging.

It is hard to find a job which they might be discriminate against having their deafness and their religion like being Muslims. Beside women are having those discrimination which men can put women down. They are stuck on what they could not have like food and shelter over their head. They might be homeless. It is sad. :(

They can find a job at waste management plant, or maid at some hotels, gardener, McDonalds, etc.......those girls are just lazy.

It's usually a case of the family men sending them out to beg, and then keeping the money for themselves. The women and girls are basically slaves to the men. Not much different arrangement from pimps controlling prostitutes except they are their own family. :(

It's usually a case of the family men sending them out to beg, and then keeping the money for themselves. The women and girls are basically slaves to the men. Not much different arrangement from pimps controlling prostitutes except they are their own family. :(

Yep. When I see deafies selling ABC cards, I wonder if they are slaves as well. One guy is usually in charge, and he has half a dozen "workers" under him who must sell at least 400 or 500 dollars worth of cards a day. It adds up to quite a tidy sum, wouldn't you say? They travel to different cities and share a motel room and in the long haul do not have anything to show for it. :(

Yep. When I see deafies selling ABC cards, I wonder if they are slaves as well. One guy is usually in charge, and he has half a dozen "workers" under him who must sell at least 400 or 500 dollars worth of cards a day. It adds up to quite a tidy sum, wouldn't you say? They travel to different cities and share a motel room and in the long haul do not have anything to show for it. :(
In undeveloped countries, it's mostly a cultural history of begging and alms-giving that they follow. In the US, it's either freelancers, immigrants or American gypsies (not ethnic Gypsies but the American version, like the Travelers).

It's not just deaf groups but also the ones you see with the "will work for food" or "disabled vet" signs along the roads. It's and organized "business."

Remember the OP is from the UK. Those of us from the US are not likely to be familiar with how things are done there.

Remember the OP is from the UK. Those of us from the US are not likely to be familiar with how things are done there.
That's why I specified undeveloped nations and the US, not the UK.

They can find a job at waste management plant, or maid at some hotels, gardener, McDonalds, etc.......those girls are just lazy.

Where's the unlike button when I need it?

Just because you have a job, you don't need to think you are above everyone else and calling everyone lazy if they can't get a job.

1. You don't know how old these girls are, they could be too young to work.

2. Being deaf and looking for a job is difficult especially at time like now where the economy is bad and employers not wanting to hire deaf people. I would love to work at these jobs you mentioned if they would hire me.

Just because you have a job, you don't need to think you are above everyone else and calling everyone lazy if they can't get a job.

2. Being deaf and looking for a job is difficult especially at time like now where the economy is bad and employers not wanting to hire deaf people. I would love to work at these jobs you mentioned if they would hire me.

Also, as I posted above, Remember the OP is from the UK. Those of us from the US are not likely to be familiar with how things are done there. Several seem to have posted based on what they are familiar with from life in the USA. I have a feeling there are some differences between the two countries as well as other countires.

You also need to communicate with the public at restaurants and motels - maids do need to deal with the public frequently. I don't know of anyone that can just get a job in waste management without references or a background.

I think what people miss is that there's a significant cultural factor going on where children that are handicapped are considered a curse. Particularly in Islam where women are regarded as furniture, they probably receive no support from their family. Muslims rarely have any inclination to educate girls much less help them find work.

Laura

I would love to work at these jobs you mentioned if they would hire me.

Being deaf and looking for work is difficult, very difficult, but it's not an excuse. How would you solve the problem these two girls have?

Being deaf and looking for work is difficult, very difficult, but it's not an excuse. How would you solve the problem these two girls have?

Send them to a residental deaf school so they could get a good education and maybe some skilled vocational training too, so they don't have to beg.... It would get them out of a horrible sub-sub culture...Not saying that Islam is a bad sub culture.....but, there are subsets of Islam that are extreme, and if they are begging on the streets simply b/c they're dhh......it sounds like they're in a bad interpretation of Islam.

Back