Deaf Family

I am third generations Deaf family. My :deaf: great-uncle, :deaf: Dad and :deaf: me...

My children's children possible :deaf: ??

Deaf Power !! :D

i am only one in family!!! i wish have one cousin or other family.. i am only child... :)

As for me, I'm the only HOH person in my family (hearing loss at 30%). I'm almost a CODA, though (I was raised by my grandparents for the most part, and they were both deaf). Profound hearing loss seems to skip a generation in my family, so there's a good chance that my kids will actually be deaf (rather than just mildly HOH, like me).

~Tiffers :)

Baby sister and myself are the only ones in the immediate family who are :deaf: We have one uncle who's HOH --

I'm the only :deaf: person in my family in Australia... but I have some :deaf: relatives by the surname of Beaver in the USA and possibly other places - havent met them tho :(

I am only :deaf: in my family and recently discovered my 2 great aunts are hard of hearing. In the next few years, I won't be surprised to have hearing and Deaf kids. :naughty:

Im the only one deaf in my family and thats because my mom had rubella when she was preggy with me....so its not hereditary.

My Birth mom's history has none appear Deaf.. Just me shown up year of 1969.
My Birth Dad's history.. Have no idea background.. working on search to find my Dad sooner.. I'm on way crossing finger.. :) *hopefully if sees my Dad's history has Deaf.. Love to meet them and how caused blah blah wha..ever..

Just I born Deaf... No complicated.

My sister, Cheri and I are the ONLY members in our entire family who is deaf....Sad isn't it...

*push round through the family heirs * look round Damn it I am only deaf in the family which i really hate being one in the family cuz of left out all the times !! arrgghhh but glad to know that I am not only one who feel that way since there u are !!! Glad that we have the deaf community to give each other the supportives no matter what since all the Deaf will always be in the "family" No matter what !!

Defee said:
Sad??? why? i dont think so!!

It would have been really nice to have my whole family being deaf....so Cheri and I wouldn't be left out on too many things that is going around at the dinner table or at parties etc.....It would have been more NICER if they knew more signs so they could sign at the dinner table so we can feel big part of it...

Only hoh kid in entire family as well. Although my daddy's cousin is deaf (went to Clarke way back when!) but it's not genetic as my syndrome is denovo (happened at conception) I do have a 50% chance of having hard of hearing kids thou! Not sure if I will, b/c although I would like my kids to be hoh (and to sign) there are some not so good things about my syndrome that I wouldn't want my kids to go through at ALL! (specificly being bipolar affective :(

I'm the only one deaf in my family, my hubby is 2nd generation, his mother is :deaf:, his 2 brothers, his 3 nephews, and our son is HOH so he is 3rd generation and Kieran recently had a hearing test that confirmed he might possibly have a mild hearing loss, but its not for SURE yet. Either way, if hearing or deaf, his health is all that matters to me :)

I am profound deaf and only child in the family -- mostly of my family are hearies -- maybe past of the years ago as handicappied hisorty :dunno:

im the only one deaf in my family -- my dad's adoptive mom lost so much of her hearing (according to my mom) and has refused and i mean REFUSED to consider getting hearing aids -- mom thinks even tho shes not really my grandma by blood but by adoption and with me growing up shes never accepted the fact im deaf and thus her punishment from God with hearing loss later in life and i happen to agree with her :-x

Back