Deaf Dating Sites?

=P Maybe one day I'll be as lucky as Derek is.

I've had success on dating sites and I've met a lot of good people. It's no different than real life and you have to be as careful, but I believe, it is the best solution for a hard of hearing/deaf single person.

If you are a man, you need to understand that communication is a top priority for women. If you can't communicate well when first meeting someone, you are not going to have a good chance with that person. For this reason, I don't do well in a bar room setting or a place with loud noise. However, with online dating everything is written messages at first so you can always understand and communicate better, it levels the playing field for us.

It's just another tool not an end it itself.

I used Deafs.com... still have a profile on there... but most of the time I've gotten messages from creepy people or older people who I know I just don't have anything in common with. Or people who I can't understand at all due to terrible English. So far I've only met two guys who seemed nice enough and was easy enough to understand.

The deaf Singles websites didn't work out for me. The responses I get is usually "hi" or one linears.. It just never seems to flow. Maybe it is that or I am just picky. Meh. I still think some of you guys should try it out. Like some said earlier, you never know. I just decided to let it come naturally and to stop looking for it.

Theres quite few scammers there I got tired of putting the efforts into the first email and then find out they want my money so i kinda figured out how to figure out whos real and whos not so i kinda keep short emails at first to screen out the scammers but sadly some beautiful lady like you guys here are not trying get know the person before judging someone bases on one liner or picture I know being deaf it limited our odds of finding the partner your half u always wanted in ur life which kinda why we all are here online instead of going to town events because theres plenty hearing fish out there but not deaf of course communication is #1 so that can be hard to find in small town we have to look harder such like meeting new friends online somewhere else

I just hope ill have someone like my grandpa and grandma just few days ago grandma was in hospital bed not wake up while my grandpa was in wheelchair holding her hands.. that picture i got was so powerful so sad but thats true love and long lasting love that I would love to have !!!!

anyway if any of u wanna get know me just :wave: :D

Try yelp.com and see what is popular out there. Clubs, Bars, Shows, and such things like that. I mean Yelp.com is rated by people who went out and rate stars. I know cuz when I went to vegas, I looked up some stuff and I got in 5 clubs for free. Thanks yelp. Oh yea, I met tons of women, got their phone numbers, emails, even made out with them but I guess you could said it's Vegas yo!

Try and use OKcupid.com, you will find plenty hearing who know sign language (they have search who know sign language in different level). Be aware, you have to be that smart. They would be turn-off if you have poor English.

Try and use OKcupid.com, you will find plenty hearing who know sign language (they have search who know sign language in different level). Be aware, you have to be that smart. They would be turn-off if you have poor English.

I have not heard this? What search? Are you saying you can search for people who are deaf/HoH?

Sadly, a search for sign language will get you everyone who has taken sign language from interpreters to teachers who had to take it as a requirement.

Has anybody dated an interpreter? I have avoided them because I'm not sure their motives are pure. All the ones I've come across are just interested in learning the language.

Sadly, a search for sign language will get you everyone who has taken sign language from interpreters to teachers who had to take it as a requirement.

Has anybody dated an interpreter? I have avoided them because I'm not sure their motives are pure. All the ones I've come across are just interested in learning the language.

I dated an interpreter in the past as the interpreter was not just interested in learning the language, but had a vast knowledge of the Deaf Culture.

No one should be using dating sites for anything.

They're full of crap. People lie on their profiles. Nothing works out.

:roll:

You're better off going to your local deaf social like Deaf Chat Coffee or Deaf Happy Hour. :thumb:

Where I live, there are NO single deaf women that I know of, at least close to my age that is.

This is why I must look outside of where I live.

I like the dating site method because I am way better at writing than talking. As my age increased though I found that it had become a big handicap. I was forced to lie to get any response at all and then confess my age. It sucked to do that but there is as much or more turndown because of age than hearing - a detail I also left out.
I have had a long distance relationship with meeting once a year for a while now. It is great really in many ways and I am hopeful. Fits well with being a glacially slow mover. Still without the dating site I would have never have met her. I am glad she forgave my lies to be interested in me the real guy. Like I say it sucked as a method but it worked for me. When I was completely honest? I had zero response. None. The biggest challenge has been taking what had developed into a totally chaotic life over a lifetime of being single to having a really good life to offer.While I do not like being single it is I find a lot easier in many ways. I have not made the big leap yet into the final placement of myself into bondage.. whoa.

me and my boyfriend Marshall "Mike" Shipps met online dating called Meet Deaf Singles | Online dating for the deaf and hearing Impaired

but he and me been dating for five and half month almost six months since June 2012 but my boyfriend would propose me somedays no matter he chose will be maybe christmas or valentine's day maybe on May birthdays we have wait to find out finger cross..my boyfriend is older than me he is 39 but he will turn 40 next years on May 17 before mine but my birthday is May 26 that cool!

my boyfriend and me never argue but kept trust each other talk about family and friend each mine and his i always trust him my boyfriend told me they wanted meet his parents and his family i cant wait im hope my boyfriend would meet my family somedays remind movie of meet the parents and meet the frockers its funny movie!!

but he and me write messages on facebook like everyday

I sure do!

LOl took so long for someone to actually say something haha .. i checked ur profile i do see u enjoy drawing snowmachines they re so fun i miss them i grew up in alaska and always would go out in the winter when its 20 below and just go have fun go out in the open with soo many place to go i love it.. down here if u wanted rent snowmobile u re pretty stuck to 200 miles area which kinda lame ! ..

I actually was hoping to get female to answer me lol but i m glad u did just need some more friends anyway ! :):wave:

Back