Day one

That's why the Audi said even though the are listed as ok for profound they are not as effective in the more severe and profound ranges. They would have to reassess.

Siemens Intuis

Product Details:

Fully Digital 4-Channel Custom Instrument
For Mild to Moderate Hearing Losses

The INTUIS offers more features than any other hearing aid in its class, and is designed to deliver some of the latest hearing aid technology advances in performance, reliability, and comfort – at an affordable price.

Product Highlights:

Feedback cancellation (standard in every model) - it virtually eliminates feedback without affecting sound quality
Noise reduction technology (standard in every model) - mechanical sounds like the hum of an air conditioner or traffic noise are noticeably reduced

Standard SIEMENS Intuis CIC Features:

For mild to moderate hearing losses
Programmable, 4-channel digital signal processing
Background noise reduction
Feedback (phase) cancellation
Up to three individual listening programs
Push button only, no volume control wheel
Size 10 battery
Available Colors -- beige, brown, tan

I would be very surprised if it does work for the severe to profound as its saying only suitable for mild to moderate.

CIC aids are really not that discrete, I can notice CIC and ITE aids really well. I really struggle to notice the RIC aids.

I'm profound and CIC aid would never fit my loss. CIC aids are only suitable for mild to moderate.

If I wore a CIC aid with my profound loss, I would get continuous feedback and I wouldn't be able to hear anything.

Yea CICs and ITEs are really noticeable from the front. A big hard plastic thing with knobs and buttons in your ear is a lot more noticeable than a transparent silicon mold and a small tube :)

And this one is not for people coming of age and losing their hearing. I'm only 31. My Audi said she fits this aid for people from 15 up to 80. It is actually more popular with the 20 and 30 year olds with sudden loss and wanna be discreet.

Bebonang meant late deafened. That is the term for you.

Most of us have never had a hearing aid like what you have. They don't really work for people with any significant degree of hearing loss.

Would you guys lay off the poor girl? Geez...Just because she isn't deaf/Deaf doesn't mean you can pick apart her every word and hound her...

Thank you Alex and maybe I misunderstood but the pamphlet in front on me says mild to severe and that's what the Audi gave me and when she was talking to me I was first going with a different hearing aid so did u ever think I am making a mistake. This is all new to me. I am nervous and scared that's why I came on here. I am losing my hearing. The docs know that for sure. How long it will take and to what degree no one can tell me. So I am living with this not knowing.

Would you guys lay off the poor girl? Geez...Just because she isn't deaf/Deaf doesn't mean you can pick apart her every word and hound her...

It should be a learning experience for her. All that is happening now is she is being taken advantage of by a business.

They will make more money later when she trades in for something useful.

It should be a learning experience for her. All that is happening now is she is being taken advantage of by a business.

Depends on how quickly her hearing deteriorates.

I wore my first HA for 5 years, then went to the audiologist to get another hearing test and to see if the HA needed any adjustments (it was a programmable analog, I believe). He said, no, keep that one and get one for my other ear as it was now losing hearing. I wore that one for 5 years (and therefore, the 1st one for a total of 10 years), before I knew I needed something more powerful.

So I would not be quick to assume the audiologist is taking advantage of her (have not gone back and read her earlier posts, so maybe there are indications there). Yes, I believe it's possible, but I know from experience not all are like that.

Thank you Alex and maybe I misunderstood but the pamphlet in front on me says mild to severe and that's what the Audi gave me and when she was talking to me I was first going with a different hearing aid so did u ever think I am making a mistake. This is all new to me. I am nervous and scared that's why I came on here. I am losing my hearing. The docs know that for sure. How long it will take and to what degree no one can tell me. So I am living with this not knowing.

Depends on how quickly her hearing deteriorates.

I wore my first HA for 5 years, then went to the audiologist to get another hearing test and to see if the HA needed any adjustments (it was a programmable analog, I believe). He said, no, keep that one and get one for my other ear as it was now losing hearing. I wore that one for 5 years (and therefore, the 1st one for a total of 10 years), before I knew I needed something more powerful.

So I would not be quick to assume the audiologist is taking advantage of her (have not gone back and read her earlier posts, so maybe there are indications there). Yes, I believe it's possible, but I know from experience not all are like that.

Her post quoted above tells her terror and how no one knows rate of her hearing loss.

I think it would be better to prepare and have room for loss.

I think she may have been taken advantage of because her Audi said her CIC aids are suitable for mild to profound which isn't correct according to the Internet.

Like I said before. When I went to get the hearing aid she showed me 3. We had originally decided on the behind the ear model. I assumed the behind the ear and the cic were the same power because they were the same brand and line. I went home thought about it when I went back to give her the check so she can order it i told her I wanted the cic. She did the fitting and nothing else was said. She never specified that the cic was different. At the same time I wasn't paying for them and don't have to pay for it. I get a new one from insurance every 3 years up to $2000 each ear so I don't think she was about the $$$. My left ear I was told was borderline and I would probably need to be aided eventually but now I can do without it. If she was taking advantage of me she could have told me to get for both which is what one of the guys told me. She also said that if I don't like it I can come back and get the bte. Right now it's comfortable I am hearing better than I have in a whole and I am happy

Every brand, will have a line of HAs that have the same name but there will be different power HAs.

With Phonak there are many different levels of power.
1) CIC - Least power
2) ITE
3) M BTE
4) P BTE
5) SP BTE
6) UP BTE - Most power

Siemens will have something similar.

Glad you are happy...

Now I know. The hope is that I will stay in the mild to moderate range for a while. If not then I will have to pay for it myself. I am not concerned about that right now.

Every brand, will have a line of HAs that have the same name but there will be different power HAs.

With Phonak there are many different levels of power.
1) CIC - Least power
2) ITE
3) M BTE
4) P BTE
5) SP BTE
6) UP BTE - Most power

Siemens will have something similar.

Glad you are happy...

Can someone please explain to me the bolded letters? Thanks!

I was very nervous and scared when I first got mine too (I still haven't gotten my upgrades yet - had my first ones for a week and had to return them) but because I have no choice but to accept what is happening, I've learned to embrace the HAs. I consider them an extension of ME and so I got the pretty metallic red ones. I just came back a half hour ago and cut off a LOT of my hair (9 inches) so now I can actually show them off instead of having my hair hide them.

Be proud of them. It shows that you are taking care of yourself and loving yourself enough to get them.

Last edited:

I was very nervous and scared too when I first got mine too (I still haven't gotten my upgrades yet - had my first ones for a week and had to return them) but I because I have no choice but to accept what is happening, I've learned to embrace the HAs. I consider them an extension of ME and so I got the pretty metallic red ones. I just came back a half hour ago and cut off a LOT of my hair (9 inches) so now I can actually show them off instead of having my hair hide them.

Be proud of them. It shows that you are taking care of yourself and loving yourself enough to get them.

Moderate
Power
Super Power
Ultra Power

I was very nervous and scared too when I first got mine too (I still haven't gotten my upgrades yet - had my first ones for a week and had to return them) but I because I have no choice but to accept what is happening, I've learned to embrace the HAs. I consider them an extension of ME and so I got the pretty metallic red ones. I just came back a half hour ago and cut off a LOT of my hair (9 inches) so now I can actually show them off instead of having my hair hide them.

I know you have RIC aids, I'm not actually sure where they sit in terms of power :)

Btw, the bit in bold is very true :)

So because you think she's being taken advantage of, that's reason to pick on her?! I fail to see the logic here.

So because you think she's being taken advantage of, that's reason to pick on her?! I fail to see the logic here.

I don't see where she is being picked on. I only see people explaining things to her.

You are far too sensitive.

Maybe you should just worry about yourself.

I am feeling good that I am taking care of myself. I went to the ent today and we are looking to find an answer as to why I am losing my hearing. He did some tests today and said that my left ear is giving the same results as the right. He suggested I see the audiologist for an updated hearing exam. (He had his audiologist do one but i dont trust her. She tried to sell me a $3000 hearing aid) I told him it was only 3 weeks since my last test and he said that it can change overnight. Is that true? I am going to have the audiologist do a hearing test when I go on 4/23. I am just trying to figure stuff out.

I am feeling good that I am taking care of myself. I went to the ent today and we are looking to find an answer as to why I am losing my hearing. He did some tests today and said that my left ear is giving the same results as the right. He suggested I see the audiologist for an updated hearing exam. (He had his audiologist do one but i dont trust her. She tried to sell me a $3000 hearing aid) I told him it was only 3 weeks since my last test and he said that it can change overnight. Is that true? I am going to have the audiologist do a hearing test when I go on 4/23. I am just trying to figure stuff out.

If your loss is progressive, it can change over night.

LoveZebras loss is progressive and went from normal hearing to basically profound in something like 3 years. It can be pretty quick.

Back