Dating after 50? is it too late?

Nah. There are some 60's people dating some 30's to 80's people. :)

Absolutely. After 50, it is time to wait for the Grim Reaper.

Joking, of course. I had my first son born at age 57. I think it was the right time. Gotta find the right mate to pull it off.

Looking myself for a first child. Steve Martin the actor just had his first child at age 67, his wife is 42.

Are you over 50 and single Deaf? Is it too late to find someone at this age ? Its hard. Share your experience.

It's never too late to date! :)

One of my lovers is 42 and the other lover is 36 and I'm only 32.

Last edited:
it depends, if you're well to do, then not too late, if you have noting, you're out of luck.

met 50yr old that was pregnant and that unsual plus she had abortion .. but 57 and natural pregnancy is that a typo error

I assume that the doctor demanded her to take an abortion because of her age? It did happen to my mother. She was pregnant with me when she was in her 40s. Stupid question doc asked her "do you want to take abortion? She surely got pissed off. My Great grandmother had my grandmother when she was 56. Yeah, my great grandfather was about 72 at that time.

Again, deafgam, no there is nothing wrong for 50 and over to have a new life relationship and re-marry. My grandmother was a widow for so long and later had a new boyfriend who was few years younger than her....within a year or months he passed away by natural cause. He was 78 and she was 82 at that time. A many number of my female relatives have been a widow more than twice.

Yes. EEEEEKKKKKK..... Granted she wasn't one of those Repubs who have kids with mental disabilities, and then scream and holler b/c there's no group homes for them. But still.......god my parents are in their 60's and I can't imagine them taking care of a kid for a long time.
What does the woman's supposed political party affiliation have to do with anything?

I'm a Repub...and darn tootin' I'm proud of it....anyhow, I've been single so long...I like it actually....

Life after 50 doesnt mean there's no room to continue having hope and dream of growing old with someone! :)

Every day is a gift called the present, so while you're still alive.. You're obviously mean to have fun and keep looking for the one to spend forever happily with with the time you have left! :)

Never too late to find a date. I've heard of a couple got married at 80 ish years old.

Yup.. even if its widows finding love or divorcees trying again, sometimes its a learning experience with a new love to keep the love alive.. :) Too many of us wonder the secret of lasting 25+ 50+ years and willing to try again.. :)

I just think there's someone for everybody .. Sometimes its just not one person . . . It's all about loving an imperfect person ... perfectly! ;) Treat them right and it goes a long way . . . Has no limit either.. :)

Staying away from politics and religion when you first start dating is the best advice anyone can receive, IMO.
Maybe. But sometimes that's a common interest that brings couples together, especially as a place to meet. Political rallies and church are two places where lots of folks with common interests get together.

Anyway, that's not what was indicated in the post by deafdyke. She was simply jabbing Republicans with her stereotyped illusions, regardless of the thread topic.

It is a matter of compatibility. As a young man I was more shallow than most which is saying a lot. I did have one redeeming quality in that I knew it and did not try and take that shallowness into a marriage. Anyway compatibility covers a lot of ground but with out the essentials of it what do you have?
I have experienced love without compatibility, that for me was a soul searing disaster that made as big an impression on me as surviving cancer.

For instance politics and religion. It is what you believe and what you do with what you believe.

If people are looking to get laid while seeking a relationship they often downplay the politics and religion.
If you are seeking a relationship that has loving and getting along well together as well then getting into the things that drive your existence and what you do with them seems pretty much necessary.

Can you get along in spite of them? .... smiles here....

That's amazing, women's eggs usually only last into their 40's and the possibility of DOW goes up greatly.

It's good to hear that this is possible.

I heard of women getting pregnant at 50 yo , it's does increase the mother chance of having a baby with health issues. I had a client that had down syndrome , his mother was 50 yo when she had him

I think you must be one sexy lady! They were bird watchers until you showed up then they changed into bird doers. :wave: Laughs here, you cracked me up with this! Thanks you are a treasure.

i wish
i went on bird watching break last week,my son arranged for me see puffins what he did not say was he fix it so i went with 7 people doing post grad zoology from cardif univercity and they were ringing the birds,little island in irish sea only puffins other sea birds no humans...we had stick our arm down hole grab bird(razor sharp beaks) ring it then count eggs which under ground.
another bird was fullnour which sh1ts on you as an attack the smell is recorded as worse than skunk(it is)with bleeding hands and smelling like crap i was asked out by twenty five year old so it takes all sorts in this world and i way over 50

i wish
i went on bird watching break last week,my son arranged for me see puffins what he did not say was he fix it so i went with 7 people doing post grad zoology from cardif univercity and they were ringing the birds,little island in irish sea only puffins other sea birds no humans...we had stick our arm down hole grab bird(razor sharp beaks) ring it then count eggs which under ground.
another bird was fullnour which sh1ts on you as an attack the smell is recorded as worse than skunk(it is)with bleeding hands and smelling like crap i was asked out by twenty five year old so it takes all sorts in this world and i way over 50
Even without being asked out by the youngster, it was an interesting trip, yes? :lol:

I've always thought puffins were fun to watch. I guess they aren't so neat close up though. :giggle:

That certainly was a unique experience.

Back