Dashcams

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
These days dashcams comes in useful for these idiots out there. Does your car have an dashcam hooked up?

I have mine hooked up since day one.. will plan to upgrade it to dual channel so I can have a dash cam on the rear window.

My model of dashcam in the meantime is BlackVue. Photo to be posted later.

I dont have one as of yet but I do really want one. After my accident a few years ago, I can really see how they help. It was my story against his and ofc I lost because I had no proof that my statements were true.

More and more aggressive drivers these days, I'm tempting to get blackvue, it is somewhat pricey and I knew few years later the price will go down...so it is better to get motion sensor and night detector (my car parked inside of house garage all the times) but you never know. Last Saturday I caught someone trying to steal my wheels at around 3am right front of my friend's house. I'm just glad the party was over at right time. That car sped away, nothing has been done to my car ... and it was too dark for me to see license plate. If I have a dashcam I would have tracked to his/her lic plate and report it to police right away.

I dont have one as of yet but I do really want one. After my accident a few years ago, I can really see how they help. It was my story against his and ofc I lost because I had no proof that my statements were true.
Damn, that sucks. I had taxi car hit my company's truck during the snowstorm about 10 years ago, it was clearly his fault due to speeding was the factor for causing the car to slid, and the final result was that the snowstorm was to blame for causing the accident. I'm like NOOO if taxi driver drive really slow it would not happen. Dashcam would have changed the insurance opinion!

More and more aggressive drivers these days, I'm tempting to get blackvue, it is somewhat pricey and I knew few years later the price will go down...so it is better to get motion sensor and night detector (my car parked inside of house garage all the times) but you never know. Last Saturday I caught someone trying to steal my wheels at around 3am right front of my friend's house. I'm just glad the party was over at right time. That car sped away, nothing has been done to my car ... and it was too dark for me to see license plate. If I have a dashcam I would have tracked to his/her lic plate and report it to police right away.

damn, mate, that's extreme! I think you should get the blackVue dashcam that enables parking monitoring - you will need an seperate device to feed the power to the dashcam without killing the car battery. I know it is expensive but it is worth in the long run.

Maybe it is just me but when I had my accident, it felt like the cop didnt really care to get my side of the story. He talked to the semi driver for a really long time but spent all of about 10 minutes with me. The questions he asked me were totally irrevelant and designed make me look guilty. I really should have fought harder but I think when you are deaf the system is skewed against you right from the start. I believe it all stems from the misconception that deaf=dumb and I don't mean mute. Throughout that whole ordeal, I felt like they thought that I had no intelligence at all. We are railroaded when it comes to the justice system.

Maybe it is just me but when I had my accident, it felt like the cop didnt really care to get my side of the story. He talked to the semi driver for a really long time but spent all of about 10 minutes with me. The questions he asked me were totally irrevelant and designed make me look guilty. I really should have fought harder but I think when you are deaf the system is skewed against you right from the start. I believe it all stems from the misconception that deaf=dumb and I don't mean mute. Throughout that whole ordeal, I felt like they thought that I had no intelligence at all. We are railroaded when it comes to the justice system.

Let the dashcam do all the hard work

Let the dashcam do all the hard work

Exactly, dashcams practically eliminate the need for a person to tell their *story*. They are all the proof you need of what went down. I think every new car should come standard equipped with both front and rear views at least.

I’m REALLY considering one. I only need to acquaint myself on the technical aspects of installing and operating one. Drivers out there are becoming reckless but it’s not a daily problem... yet.

I installed my old BlackVue DR500 dashcam with mounting for mirror lock. but, I will upgrade new BlackVue 4K HD DR900 dashcam soon or later.
IMG_0757.JPGPIX.png

Last edited:
We have dash cams in both Jeeps, and a camera on the trike.

I'm considering one too... any recommended brands that I should look for?

I seriously need a dash cam. BlackVue is pretty good, but I really need a small good quality cam for my Rav4. I have a concern a toll sticker on my windshield may block a dash cam view. I am so fed up with San Antonio drivers here. They have no concept of what a right of way mean. They like to run the red light. I don't care if it is a Southern way, but c'mon it is reckless.

If any of you go to SF to park your car on the street, I am not sure that is a good idea. Car break-in is out of control over there since Prop 47 passed about 5 years ago. I still hear personal complaints. It's a pity one of the victims is forced to put up a flyer on his car saying "I have nothing valuable in my car."

Some BlackVue owners for beginners. They confused about their smartphone Wi-Fi link to BlackVue cam for watch live stream and recorded for show police but, it has been stop working, They need to turn Cellular signal OFF. Turn Wi-Fi ON, then, it's working.

Last edited:
Just got a dashcam as a birthday gift.. will put it into use soon.

Just got a dashcam as a birthday gift.. will put it into use soon.
Please update when you have some feedback. Interested in something in a few months when my daughter starts learning to drive.

Back