Curious: what do our deaf members do for a living?

David

Reaction score
Hello, fellow AD members! There's something I've been curious about for a couple of years. What do deaf people do for a living? Or how would deaf people make money through a hobby or part time job?

Myself, for example... I work part time at Pizza Hut. Even though that's the majority of my income, I also have a small hobby which involves buying and selling on eBay.

That's me. I'm curious to know what other deaf members do, if you feel like sharing.

Currently - I am a full-time webmaster for university. The following list below is what I've done to make a living since 2000

1. part-time Web Developer for this small firm
2. Internship at Bristol-Myers Squibb as web content management
3. web developer for Drizzoo (some weather start-up) - telecommute
4. web developer for microbiology building at my college
5. electrical engineer at Aerospace Department at my other college
6. math tutor at community college

I am trying to work on my personal interest (2 websites) for some extra incomes.... bleh

STOP! HALT! CAPTURE!

thats my job as animal control officer. Fun?

-- In the past of my employment history.
I have been working for McDonald's for 3 years, have left the premises, two years ago AFTER I landed myself in the Australian Government, where I am now an Business Analyst, full time and permemanetly

Worked in the restaurant as a cook/dishwasher for 5 years.
Working part-time for the grocery store for 1 year now, college student and majoring in EMS.

My goal is to be a firefighter/EMS for the city of Austin....eventually....

i work at hotel for few years now as a housekeeper I also used to work with developmental disabilities as well.

I worked as an intern for a local newspaper, then I worked for Taco Johns, then I worked for Wayne Farms, LLC which is the 4th largest poultry processor in the US behind Purdue, Tyson, and Butterball. Then I worked as a janitor / carpet cleaner for a custodial service, and now I currently work for Petit Jean Poultry, which is subcontracted to Tyson, as of May 2007, but now the company will close its doors permanently on January 31st permanently. I am considering to go to ConAgra and work their full-time until I complete my degree in which I hope to become a teacher.

I work at a hotel for 4 years and I write stories in my spare time and planning to be a writer one day...

Right now, I'm more like stay at home mommy of my daughter Alexanderia during on SS- almost like SSI but it's for a single mother who left a job, I was working at the group home of three houses to helping people who are deaf and blind for more than one and half years which I earn very good income but too bad that I left that job for my family, their support and my daughter. Hope will find a job if I can in Michigan.

I am an elementary education teacher. :wave:

I currently am a car prep guy for Enterprise Rent A Car (I'm one of the best employees) and work with develop disabled clients for Shared Journeys.

I find it fascinating to know where everyone works and/or what they did for a living. Thanks, everyone, for responding!

Byrdie... you crack me up! :laugh2:

I worked as an intern for a local newspaper, then I worked for Taco Johns, then I worked for Wayne Farms, LLC which is the 4th largest poultry processor in the US behind Purdue, Tyson, and Butterball. Then I worked as a janitor / carpet cleaner for a custodial service, and now I currently work for Petit Jean Poultry, which is subcontracted to Tyson, as of May 2007, but now the company will close its doors permanently on January 31st permanently. I am considering to go to ConAgra and work their full-time until I complete my degree in which I hope to become a teacher.

what kind of teacher?

Back