Curious: what do our deaf members do for a living?

FYI: Clamming is on December 12, 13th, & 14. We also have special winter rates going on. "Pay for 2 nights-get the 3rd night FREE."

If you have a doggie--they're welcomed for a small fee.

:hmm: Maybe we should have an " AD Clamming Weekend? "

I would love that! Let me know if you do set up one! Just need a lot of time ahead to prepare as far as $$ and childcare goes.

I would love that! Let me know if you do set up one! Just need a lot of time ahead to prepare as far as $$ and childcare goes.

Those dates are set by the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife. We usually don't know what the dates are until a month in advance.

They do have tenative dates but that all depends on testing of the clams. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

People have been successful in finding clams but unfortuantely with the economy the way it is, people aren't participating as much as they did last year. We were always booked solid last year for clamming weekends but the last two weekends--we weren't even half-full. :(

I really want to go there sometimes this winter! A year ago today I went clamming in Ocean Park and had a blast! Too bad no one could go clamming with me this time :(

I'll go, but I know absolutely nothing about clamming.

:lol: In actuality-- I am an InnKeeper for 11 beach cottages on the Pacific ocean.

If you want to see the official website--send me a PM and I'll be happy to send you the link. :)

I thought you were a proctologist.

:lol: In actuality-- I am an InnKeeper for 11 beach cottages on the Pacific ocean.

If you want to see the official website--send me a PM and I'll be happy to send you the link. :)

"Innkeeper" as in charge of the cottages or own?

i'm currently in my final year of study majoring in social work.

once i finish my bachelor's degree, i plan to continue with my master's in blindness rehabilitation.

after that, i'd like to earn a ph.d. but don't know in what specialty as of yet.

Dont they have clear masks? I know many RNs who happen to be deaf or hard of hearing. Dont let your university stop you! I wish I went on to be a RN when I was in college but opted for health education instead as thought I wouldnt see equal rights in my days to come. Dont settle.

Thanks for your support, I think there is much more opportunity in the US than there is here in the UK for deaf people to pursue careers like nursing. There is a serious lack of deaf awareness here, and they tend to consider what you can't do rather than what you can!

I'll go, but I know absolutely nothing about clamming.

That's okay she can teach us what to look for, how to dig, and how to clean them.

I thought you were a proctologist.

I probably should've been a proctologist. Maybe I was a proctologist in my previous life? :hmm: :giggle:

"Innkeeper" as in charge of the cottages or own?

Yep--in charge. I get to say, "Yes you can stay" or "Get the h*** off our property!" :lol:

I am an NE Patriots cheerleader on my freetime:P

Originally Posted by Byrdie714
In actuality-- I am an InnKeeper for 11 beach cottages on the Pacific ocean.

If you want to see the official website--send me a PM and I'll be happy to send you the link.

:laugh2: You must have those cottages on the water? Hmmm? :giggle:

Originally Posted by Gemma
I really want to go there sometimes this winter! A year ago today I went clamming in Ocean Park and had a blast! Too bad no one could go clamming with me this time

:hmm: You forgot me. I would LOVE to go clamming with you. I went clam hunting with my 2 friends few years ago at the shores south of Westport, WA. We made home made clam chowder and it was good!

I couldn't tell you a thing about clamming, but I can fully debone a chicken in 3 minutes flat, LOL. Add another 30-45 seconds if it's a whole bird and depending on if you want whole legs or thighs and drums....... :lol:

wow...what happens to the animals after you capture them? i hope you are nice to them.

Back