Crazy but true family stories

Wirelessly posted

He refused to meet with my family and passed away before I was born. He remarried and had a kid. So I have a distant aunt or uncle somewhere.

That is sad.

Wirelessly posted

But... But! What if government kidnaps me!?

Grandpa was a world renowned chemist and he was working on a classified project. One day he didn't come home from work. They eventually found his car ransacked with all the doors open and all of his paper relating to the project gone. And he wasn't there.

Dad went on a hunt to find him. Eventually the cops found him in the 80s using fingerprints and it turned out that he changed his identity completely and worked at a paint factory as a mixer and he claimed to have had amnesia. Dad thinks its bullshit. He's on a lifelong quest to find the truth and FBI has his files still highly classified. According to my dad, they have this rule that the case file can stay closed from family for the maximum of 50 years and it has been past that point already.

I wonder if the world today would be massively different if he hadn't been kidnapped...

Reminds me of how an uncle of mine disappeared for about 10 years. Birthday and Christmas cards got Return To Sender postmarked on them. Mom tried tracking him down through Social Security and all she was able to confirm was that he was still alive and collecting his retirement. He finally called Mom one day. They reconciled, they visited a few times before his death, but he never said where he was for those 10 years. I suspected prison, but doing an inmate search, past and present, netted me no info. So it's a secret he carried with him ...

I have few crazy stories and our family name was in Congress of library for many years. Anyway from what I heard from my aunts and my mom that my great grand father knew Jesse James and he had property in SW Missouri. He won't let sheriff to come to his land to hunt Jesse James and his gang. When my grandfather was a little boy, he saw Jesse James came to his house. He asked him "are you Jesse James"? He took off.

Other crazy story I heard, my great-grandfather went out and after one of horse thief who stole one of his horse. He was gone for 3 weeks till he came back. He said nothing but the rumor was that he caught him and had him hanged.

One story, KKK came to my grandparents land to burn the cross front of the house while my grandpa went to next county to do some kind of business leave my grandma and my uncle home alone. She took gun and pointed at them and told them to get hell out of here.

Today we are just boring people with nothing to exciting anyone. :)

well there many crazy people in my family.

one time my grandpa and 2 uncles drive together. one drunk man drive front them and he drive bad. my grandpa very piss off and make drunk man pull over. then my grandpa and 2 uncle come out car and beating up drunk man. ALL 3 THEM BEAT UP MAN SAME TIME.

one time, my mother wear on sexy clothes and make up. foreign indian man saw her. he come close her and he keep repeat say "you and me, UPSTAIR NOW!!!" my mother so annoy piss off. she take big scissor and put near foreign man face, she say "GET HELL OUT MY FACE OR YOUR BALL FOR BREAKFAST" he run away scare!!!

Wirelessly posted

Lol. My mom was hit on by a movie star once in front of me on a plane. And offered to give us a ride home in a limo. I wasn't too pleased...

My father shared an elevator with Earnest Hemingway.

My great grandfather wanted all of his children married early; his sons by 16 and his daughters by 12.

He got his oldest son and daughter (my grandmother) married by those ages.

But his son ran away* shortly after he was married. The rest of his children saw what happened (he had many; I don't recall the exact number -- around 10 or 12) and each one ran away from home before the "magic year." His daughters ran away from their little town to the big city and got jobs in a factory. Then the story got interrupted, I never found out what the sons did. Perhaps the same thing.

His oldest son ran away to the States. He had a major stroke of luck and got very unexpectedly lucky from a business deal. He used the money to to bring over all of his brothers, sisters and THEIR families to the Americas. Some ended up in the States and some in Argentina. (I don't know why some ended up in Argentina -- never heard that part of the story either.) He also brought over his father and his wife (wife #3 - do you get the feeling that the guy was probably hard to get along with?). I always thought that part of the story was really nice. His father forced him to get married when he didn't want to which ended up in his deciding to run away and leave his country -- and he still ends up bringing over dear old dad!

He later lost all of his money during the Great Depression.

The saddest part of the story was that I found out at my mother's shiva that my grandparents were not happily married. Poor grandma -- still a child when she got married and then apparently felt stuck for life.

I'm not sure when my grandmother was born. One story supports that she was born around 1900, another that she was born around late 1880s.

That's my weird family story.

Oh, I have a crazy family story - my grandmother, when she was pregnant with my father and his fraternal twin brother, she went to see a gypsy fortune teller who told her that she would give birth to two sons, one would grow up to be a very important man and the other, a nobody. When my father and uncle were born, my grandmother looked at my father and decided he would be the important one and true to self-fulfilling prophecy, he grew up to be important man and his brother still lives at my grandparent's farm, not doing much other than investing in stocks.

the thing was, it wasn't that the fortune teller predicted accurately , my grandmother made her prediction come true.

My great-great-great grandfather (from my mom's side of the family) was married 4 times, and had kids with his first 3 wives. He ended up with a total of 16-17 kids (the last 2 or 3 he considered to be bastards, didn't believe they were HIS kids). 3rd wife, and those 2-3 kids all died within 2-3 days of each other (don't know how/why they died, but the kids were very very young!). Before 3rd wife and kids died, they went through a really long divorce battle, lots of mud slinging back and forth. One of his older kids was also arrested for stealing a bunch of chickens or something too.

He had one child that was shot and died of the gunshot wounds. I think another kid of his shot the kid (this was after g-g-g-grandfather died, and his older kids had custody of the younger ones). G-g-g-grandfather was married to his 4th wife for like 2 years when he died. His first wife died while the family was moving from New York to Nebraska, and she was buried in a wagon box along the Missouri River. Had the most kids with wife #2 (like 10). No wonder my mom's side of the family is nuts lol.

I have a funny crazy story about my dad!

Dad been drinking , so what else is new, anyway he wanted some stuffed clams so he made some and decided to put them outside on a snowbank to cool off. I guess he thought he was back in Russia or something as we told it was a bad idea. Dad when outside about a hour later and came back in the house with empty shells! They been clean out! The people next door had a boy that was a trouble maker and dad blamed the boy for eating his clams! We tried to tell dad that a animal ate his clams but he was too drunk to listen to us. It was really funny seeing how clean those shells where! Some dog had a great homemade meal!

one time when i young little girl, i go chuckie cheese with mother, her crazy best friend, and my friend. my mother crazy best friend see waitress and notice her thong show up out of pants. my mother crazy best friend take picture of waitress butt with camera. waitress clueless she take picture. then my mother best friend go CVS develop picture. then she write fake letter for my father include that picture of waitress picture. it say "hey sexy, we should meet again". i find letter and gasp. i show to my mother, she very piss off and fighting with dad think he cheat on her. then my mother read letter again and say "WAIT MINUTE! that my best friend handwriting style! she play prank"

Wirelessly posted

MyNameIsNO said:
one time when i young little girl, i go chuckie cheese with mother, her crazy best friend, and my friend. my mother crazy best friend see waitress and notice her thong show up out of pants. my mother crazy best friend take picture of waitress butt with camera. waitress clueless she take picture. then my mother best friend go CVS develop picture. then she write fake letter for my father include that picture of waitress picture. it say "hey sexy, we should meet again". i find letter and gasp. i show to my mother, she very piss off and fighting with dad think he cheat on her. then my mother read letter again and say "WAIT MINUTE! that my best friend handwriting style! she play prank"

That's a mean prank...

Back