Crazy but true family stories

This just in...

A book that mentions my grandpa just came out... And I didn't know until today...

PM me if you want a link. It's on google books.

Never forget this one...my father was an alcoholic, so my grandfathet took me and 3 other siblings to live with him (at a very young, young age)......when I was about 11 or 12, went to live with my mother in another city....At 14, became deaf...and was riding the bus from the deaf school back home for Xmas vacation....

I had not seen my father for many, many years!....I got on the bus and sat down...in a few minutes, this man touched my arm and started talking....To find out that he was my Father....That was one of the last times I ever saw him before he died of several strokes due to alcohol.

I remember that my Grandpa used to have a brown 1979 Jeep Cherokee 'S' 4 door. He decided to buy a red 1966-1977 Ford Bronco for his son who lived on a farm in Arkansas.

Well, one time, my Grandpa and Grandma in their mid 60s decided to take a road trip from Chicago to Arkansas which was about 14 hour one way. They took the Brown Cherokee and the red Bronco. I'm not sure who drove which. My Grandpa has since passed away. Grandma told me that Grandpa was going too fast and she was trying to keep up. In an effort to try to keep up, Grandma was pulled by police for going too fast.

I should tell you about a former neighbor that lived next door to my parents. They were older folks just like my family. Well, they had an son who decided that he wanted to be a woman and had an operation to do so. The Dad then got sick and passed away. The wife decided to kill herself. Neither of them would deal with their son becoming a woman. Sad and at the same time scary to imagine that they lived next door to my parents!!!

Back