Crazy but true family stories

OldeWolf

Reaction score
I've always been a sucker for "far out there" stories that families of ours would do that just have us scratching our heads in puzzlement or having us gasp in amazement that such a thing truly did happen.

And so, do tell all the crazy stories y'all have of your families over the long many years!

I'll start with mine:

My sister got bitten in the face once (thankfully no scars) by an aggressive Rottweiler. Here's how the story went:

Mom took my sister to a drug dealer's house in 1987 and left my sister outside the front yard inside the fence and went inside. Next thing my mother heard was screaming from my sister and she ran outside, seeing the dog over my sister with his mouth on her face. Needless to say, mom took my sister away from the dog and went home.

That afternoon, dad came home and found out what happened to his daughter. Boy, he was pissed off, both at my mother and at the drug dealer. So he jumped into his pick up truck, drove out to the drug dealer's house and walked up to the fence. Right away, the dog ran barking at dad loudly and dad pulled out his gun and shot the dog point blank, instantly killing it. The drug dealer heard the gun shot and ran out the door shouting "What do YOU think you're doing!?"
Dad pointed the gun at the man saying, "That dog bit my daughter. As for you, I suggest you leave town tonight and never come back. Or I will come and I will find you."

The man left town and never came back.

Was your mom buying drugs at the time?

Wow, that is one heck of a story!! I won't share my story. I have nothing that would top your story.

I have aired enough "dirty laundry", no need to add any more.

Wirelessly posted

I have a crazy family story but it's too complicated... Involves the government, amnesia, and disappearance... Or kidnapping. Who the f knows what really happened? FBI refuses to open the case or give us the files because it s too compromising. Conspriracy anyone?

I have a crazy family story but it's too complicated... Involves the government, amnesia, and disappearance... Or kidnapping. Who the f knows what really happened? FBI refuses to open the case or give us the files because it s too compromising. Conspriracy anyone?

Sounds like a plot that you would find on a soap show. Guess sometimes it's too crazy to be true... yet it is true.

Wirelessly posted

Banjo said:

Sounds like a plot that you would find on a soap show. Guess sometimes it's too crazy to be true... yet it is true.

I know... I have newspaper clippings to prove it. People never believe me at first until I show them all the clippings. :-/ happened in the 50s anyway.

Wirelessly posted

oh come on! You can't say something like that without spilling the beans .... we ALL wanna know the details.

pretty please?

I think it's the amnesia that does it every time! :lol:

Wirelessly posted

Steinhauer said:
Wirelessly posted

oh come on! You can't say something like that without spilling the beans .... we ALL wanna know the details.

pretty please?

But... But! What if government kidnaps me!?

Grandpa was a world renowned chemist and he was working on a classified project. One day he didn't come home from work. They eventually found his car ransacked with all the doors open and all of his paper relating to the project gone. And he wasn't there.

Dad went on a hunt to find him. Eventually the cops found him in the 80s using fingerprints and it turned out that he changed his identity completely and worked at a paint factory as a mixer and he claimed to have had amnesia. Dad thinks its bullshit. He's on a lifelong quest to find the truth and FBI has his files still highly classified. According to my dad, they have this rule that the case file can stay closed from family for the maximum of 50 years and it has been past that point already.

Wow, yo' dad is one crazy mofo. :lol: My family is very boring. Nothing to talk about.

Wirelessly posted

Grandpa was a world renowned chemist and he was working on a classified project. One day he didn't come home from work. They eventually found his car ransacked with all the doors open and all of his paper relating to the project gone. And he wasn't there.

Dad went on a hunt to find him. Eventually the cops found him in the 80s using fingerprints and it turned out that he changed his identity completely and worked at a paint factory as a mixer and he claimed to have had amnesia. Dad thinks its bullshit. He's on a lifelong quest to find the truth and FBI has his files still highly classified. According to my dad, they have this rule that the case file can stay closed from family for the maximum of 50 years and it has been past that point already.

Wow - that is bizarre. :eek3:

I know there was a chemist that developed an engine that could run on hydrogen extracted from water that was killed and had his home ransacked - because he was going to give the plans to the public, free of charge.

Wow - that is bizarre. :eek3:

I know there was a chemist that developed an engine that could run on hydrogen extracted from water that was killed and had his home ransacked - because he was going to give the plans to the public, free of charge.

You know how the capitalists are. They don't like freebies.

Wirelessly posted

I know... I have newspaper clippings to prove it. People never believe me at first until I show them all the clippings. :-/ happened in the 50s anyway.

Wirelessly posted

Poor Gramps. So did you ever have a reunion of the family? Did your grandfather believe and accept that you were all his relatives?

Even though I don't know you in real life, I believe it could have happened. Sometimes our government goes nuts and the concepts of freedom and due process goes out the window. I cite you:

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Jazzberry said:
Wirelessly posted

Wirelessly posted

Poor Gramps. So did you ever have a reunion of the family? Did your grandfather believe and accept that you were all his relatives?

Even though I don't know you in real life, I believe it could have happened. Sometimes our government goes nuts and the concepts of freedom and due process goes out the window. I cite you:

He refused to meet with my family and passed away before I was born. He remarried and had a kid. So I have a distant aunt or uncle somewhere.

Cars running on water

I remember hearing about cars that were capable of running on water. However, I haven't heard a peep in years. This explains it.

When I read this post I started thinking about California having so many drought seasons. I am sure someone would find a way to make the water for our cars cost lots of money just like gas prices. We already have water restrictions during drought years. Hopefully we will start getting some rain.
Just a thought.

When I read this post I started thinking about California having so many drought seasons. I am sure someone would find a way to make the water for our cars cost lots of money just like gas prices. We already have water restrictions during drought years. Hopefully we will start getting some rain.
Just a thought.

True, although you could use the rain barrels.

Back