Coming to Peru!

xsuperchick

Reaction score
Hey, guys! :wave:

I was wondering if you would like to come to Peru as a volunteer. :)

If you do, you can PM and I´ll give you the link of my volunteering work here :) Because I don´t know if I can post the link here :P Mods, can I? :roll:

I´m sure you´ll have a great time by coming to Peru and helping our kids :D

:ty:

Are they deaf kids?

I am hoping (money depending) to fly out to Peru on 10 days holiday. I have a friend who lives in cusco.

Well, Cuzco is really away from here :P But if you can come to Trujillo too, it's where we have the school, no deaf kids, but extremly poor kids :)

Neat.

I always wanted to go to Peru, but now is not the time. Any ADer who won't jump on is missing an opportunity of a lifetime. :)

what's up with the Shinning Path and other insurgents? most south american countries have strong anti-american feelings. i would not want to be strung up and fed my balls cuz i was an american. xsuperchick is a brit which makes it easier to travel the world. americans tend to have a target on their backs in a lot of countries.

Last edited:
Did you get a link Lorena?

That actually sounds really cool. That would definately be exciting, educating, and rewarding experience. I remember I ALWAYS wanted to do study abroad when I was in school. I am wondering what kind of time or notice is there to prepare if anybody COULD go to Peru for volunteer. There would be many things to do to appropriately prepare for it. I hope you can give some more information about this.

what's up with the Shinning Path and other insurgents? most south american countries have strong anti-american feelings. i would not want to be strung up and fed my balls cuz i was an american. xsuperchick is a brit which makes it easier to travel the world. americans tend to have a target on their backs in a lot of countries.

She is most certainly not British. She's a Peruvian. Keep current with your counters. :cool2:

And honestly... South America is not that dangerous to American tourists.

She is most certainly not British. She's a Peruvian. Keep current with your counters. :cool2:

And honestly... South America is not that dangerous to American tourists.

and English's not her first language :lol:

Hey, guys! :wave:

I was wondering if you would like to come to Peru as a volunteer. :)

If you do, you can PM and I´ll give you the link of my volunteering work here :) Because I don´t know if I can post the link here :P Mods, can I? :roll:

I´m sure you´ll have a great time by coming to Peru and helping our kids :D

:ty:

long time no see! :wave:

PM me. I'm curious.

souggy, i see on her avatar she loves BSl. which i assume is british sign language. and yes, south american countries are dangerous . google shinning path and insurgents for Peru. you need to read more than AD for world views

souggy, i see on her avatar she loves BSl. which i assume is british sign language. and yes, south american countries are dangerous . google shinning path and insurgents for Peru. you need to read more than AD for world views

And you need more than Google or the news. :)

Try befriending backpackers. :aw:

I can assure you that Peru is fine. My friend's spent a week or 2 in there. He backpacked all over South America including Columbia for a month.

plus - Alex (AD owner) recently came back from Peru for a couple weeks. He's going back again. I should go this time with him :hmm:

Yeah, I´m not British, I just love BSL and yes, I´m peruvian :D Hello, thanks for the "welcome back" welcome? :P

Peru is a great country to visit! :D It´s not dangerous! And it´s even better when you come as a volunteer because you feel when the people is taking care of you because you´re doing something for them, you know. They are kind and generous. We are, really!

Shining Path IS a problem, but that was ages ago and if it´s still around us, it´s in the jungle, that´s away from here! If you want to visit it, yeah, it´s ok, because you won´t go into the jungle, right? Like, you go to a city, not to live with the monkeys.

lol xsuperchick - yea I know the feeling about people stereotyping your home country when it's actually not true. People still lecture to me about Harlem and crimes in NYC :roll:

plus - Alex (AD owner) recently came back from Peru for a couple weeks. He's going back again. I should go this time with him :hmm:
Sure, why not! :wave:

Peru is beautiful, indeed.

LOL at Jiro...

Get your head out of sand DDU! I have travelled alot and have encountered the dangers (I was mugged in South Africa, 30kg of luggage stolen in Buenos Aires, I had absolutely nothing but the clothes on my back and hand luggage when I arrived New Zealand from BA, and kind people in NZ helped me out) but that didn't stop me from exploring the world how ever bad it is..... it gave me perspective of of other people ways of life... Yes, I took my life for granted.

That's awesome! :D Well, not that you got robbed but the part that didn't stop you from exploring the world how ever bad it is :P

Thanks, Alex! The link from the NGO where I work and volunteer too is USDA PERU

If there are any more questions, let me know! :D

Back