CI Moments

I know really serious health

I don;t know what is happen seziure very not good. I heard last week Tuesday ambulance came to my school. They pick up to me. i got iv and clean body. It is serious. I don't know what is happen. I am fine no problem scared. i don't have no seziure.

I don;t know what is happen seziure very not good. I heard last week Tuesday ambulance came to my school. They pick up to me. i got iv and clean body. It is serious. I don't know what is happen. I am fine no problem scared. i don't have no seziure.

So you mean you had seizure last tuesday but now you're fine?
Why you say about it in here CI and hearing aid thread? You don't have CI anymore. Better post in general health one.

It is serious

I don't believe that is happen hard explain. So I heard Last week Tuesday principal phone ambulance then coming my school. In school I got seziure very not good well so I believe problem my neulogy. I don't know what is however find analyze to test MRI scan my brain. I got very serious. It iv clean help with my arm. I know scared. I believe very important to watch health. It is very carefully.

I don't believe that is happen hard explain. So I heard Last week Tuesday principal phone ambulance then coming my school. In school I got seziure very not good well so I believe problem my neulogy. I don't know what is however find analyze to test MRI scan my brain. I got very serious. It iv clean help with my arm. I know scared. I believe very important to watch health. It is very carefully.

That doesn't sound very good. I hope it's nothing serious and that the MRI shows no problem for you. Is this your first seizure?

I hope you're fine and that the doctor will check up on you and that you won't have any more sezuries. Let us know how things are for you. I think they'd want to have an MRI taken for you just in case.

Smithr,

(In ASL mode)

What we do-do happen CI people same you happen experience before? Tell us do-do you advice help us learn to better can help others? What you want us do-do your better idea? Help us please. We kiss-fist help others, teach others better improve.

Thanks

Thanks help information more problem seziure?

I don't know believe special neulogoy that is really help doctor for check my brain,. I don't know really how find out cochlear implant. i am scared and seziure.

Today I had a CI moment. I talked to a total stranger on the phone today. I did have to ask her to repeat herself. She was from Verizon and wanted to know when I'll pay my bill.

My bill is paid now. :P I want more CI moments like this one. I've never talked to a total stranger before on the phone.

Today I had a CI moment. I talked to a total stranger on the phone today. I did have to ask her to repeat herself. She was from Verizon and wanted to know when I'll pay my bill.

My bill is paid now. :P I want more CI moments like this one. I've never talked to a total stranger before on the phone.

:) That happened to me when I replaced my credit card but forgot to let the phone company know. Anyway, they called me and we managed to sort it out. It wasn't a straightforward conversation either, because I initially told her I didn't want to give my CC details over the phone to someone claiming to be from the company and we mutually agreed on a security measure so she could prove she was genuine.

People from call centres etc seem to be used to dealing with people with hearing difficulties. I guess they probably deal a lot with old people and if they are after money, they will be very patient LOL!

I had a funny moment today. For the first time in a long time, I decided to cook popcorn in the microwave so that we could stuff our faces while watching a movie on TV. For the first time, I heard the popping sound as it cooked. It sounded so loud LOL! It's hard to believe I could not hear this with HAs. Now I can follow those instructions on the back of the bag that tell you to listen for so many pops per minute before stopping.

Gosh, I have many.
The other day I was able to communicate with my roommate in the next room. And hearing the the dee-jays talking on the radio.

And today, I walked back to my car with my classmate, and we were able to carry on a conversation. I always had trouble walking and hearing at the same time.

I find that I can understand speech better when I don't think about it.

The one thing I will never forget is when I talked to my sister on the phone for the first time since I lost my hearing, I could hear her crying (because she was happy for me) and she was trying to stifle it. I was like "are you crying!?!" and she was like "oh my gosh you can tell!??" and she cried more, lol.

When I catch my mom cussing under her breath (hahahaha).

Hearing other people's stomach growl. I love seeing their reactions when I ask "Are you hungry?"

I remember about 6 months after I got implanted I heard the Beatles "Hey Jude" exactly as I had remembered it. It was weird, because it was one of the last songs I heard before losing my hearing. Its such an appropriate song. "Hey, Jude- don't make it bad; take a sad song and make it better."

My daughter started school this year. The teacher called yesterday and told me how pleased she was with her progress with reading, her motivation to learn, contributions to classroom discussion and her memory. She asked if I had any questions. I was just standing there with a smile on my face. I'm very passionate about my daughter's education so I was pleased to get the call.

I had a funny moment today. For the first time in a long time, I decided to cook popcorn in the microwave so that we could stuff our faces while watching a movie on TV. For the first time, I heard the popping sound as it cooked. It sounded so loud LOL! It's hard to believe I could not hear this with HAs. Now I can follow those instructions on the back of the bag that tell you to listen for so many pops per minute before stopping.

Awesome! I had several CI moments yesterday. I can understand CB radio for the first time ever in my life; I had to get my car towed as I left the lights on again. Thankfully, I was able to get it jump started at the Ford car store.

However, I have also found that using the phone where the other caller is in a noisy place is difficult for me. If someone runs the vacuum cleaner while I'm speaking on either end, it's impossible for me to speak on the phone. This means that i still have to use relay when ordering take out..

Here's more: We're getting more rain and now I no longer confuse rain with running water..

Awesome! I had several CI moments yesterday. I can understand CB radio for the first time ever in my life; I had to get my car towed as I left the lights on again. Thankfully, I was able to get it jump started at the Ford car store.

However, I have also found that using the phone where the other caller is in a noisy place is difficult for me. If someone runs the vacuum cleaner while I'm speaking on either end, it's impossible for me to speak on the phone. This means that i still have to use relay when ordering take out..

Here's more: We're getting more rain and now I no longer confuse rain with running water..

I have the exact same problem with noise when I'm on the phone - if its either noisy at MY end (like you said - a vacuum) or noisy at the other end (like at my brother's house where my niece and nephew are ALWAYS yelling) I can't understand a word. I often have to ask my brother to step into another room so he can get away from the kids and I can understand him. I often retreat to a quiet place when I have to use the phone, so not to have to struggle to understand with background noise washing everything out. Its not perfect, but you won't see me complaining - just being able to USE the phone is such a thrill.

Got a little CI moment yesterday.

I was listening to James Patterson's 5th Horseman audiobook.

"The book says, "The question -- was she completely nuts?"

I heard, "The question -- was she completely crazy?" I had to have Roy listen to that statement again, and I was right...she did say "crazy". Even though "nuts" and "crazy" sounded the same, but I was able to pick up on it pretty quick.

Got a little CI moment yesterday.

I was listening to James Patterson's 5th Horseman audiobook.

"The book says, "The question -- was she completely nuts?"

I heard, "The question -- was she completely crazy?" I had to have Roy listen to that statement again, and I was right...she did say "crazy". Even though "nuts" and "crazy" sounded the same, but I was able to pick up on it pretty quick.

How cool is that!! I'm finding myself noticing things like that, especially with some movies where the captioning says something, but the actor actually said something different.

How cool is that!! I'm finding myself noticing things like that, especially with some movies where the captioning says something, but the actor actually said something different.

I notice this too.

I notice this too.

I was able to notice this even before I got implanted (before recruiment got so bad). I'm sure I can do a lot better now. I must admit here that I almost never watch tv.. so this isn't as odd as it may seem at first.

I was able to notice this even before I got implanted (before recruiment got so bad). I'm sure I can do a lot better now. I must admit here that I almost never watch tv.. so this isn't as odd as it may seem at first.

Your TV must be as bad as Australian TV :). We got a DVD recorder so that we can watch documentaries and good quality films without all the commercials. I love documentaries but they are far and few between unless you subscribe to sattelite TV and I'm not prepared to spend the money!

Interesting CI moment on Friday. I had an IEP meeting with a parent. They speak only Spanish. I could pick up some words between the terp and the parent. It was shocking.

And yes, I also find some caption and tv are different. It takes me back when I hear it.

I'm finding myself at a standstill with CI moments. I just notice that my daily living is easier. I don't have to turn around when others aske me a question. I hear the enviromental sounds easier.

Back