Captioned movies on opening day

posts from hell

Suppose there was a place near you that had captioned movie (just like regular captions) on opening day for all the deaf people near you - would you guys go and pay like $7 to watch it?

Setup would be minimal though, think of a smaller place, probably using projector, instead of a real movie reel.

ash345

Audist Free Zone
Premium Member
depends on how many people are going... I would def go... Though PFH... the AMC in westminster has RWC in most of its theaters. I'm hoping to go see Harry Potter tonight there. I would say prob nothing less than a 10 foot screen, and because I have a hearing GF, for her she would want audio...

KristinaB

Emotional Mess
Premium Member
I would not since I hate crowds. I prefer to watch them either on my computer or TV using a DVD player. Once we get our house, the living room TV will be set up with my stereo for the family and they will have very good sound. I will get my captions. Also, theaters are much more expensive around here. Last time I checked, it was $12.50 per person unless you were a senior citizen or under age 12.

Beach girl

Smallest I would go for - my TV, in the comfort of my own living room, with my own popcorn and Diet Dr. Pepper.

If I'm going to shell out $12 or more - realistically, double that, for two tickets (husband and self), plus maybe gas money or Metro fare - to see a movie on a big screen, then I want to see it on a theater-size big screen, not a glorified TV set.

Smithtr

G.G.H.T
Premium Member
Suppose there was a place near you that had captioned movie (just like regular captions) on opening day for all the deaf people near you - would you guys go and pay like $7 to watch it?

Setup would be minimal though, think of a smaller place, probably using projector, instead of a real movie reel.

really cheap on 6 dolllars 0_o

Gregor

I'd go - have pretty much given up on movies in the theatre as there are very few captioned theatres within a reasonable drive from my house.

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
I'm too far for captioned movie theatre. I have 56" HDTV and can watch captioned movies on it which connecting from my notebook. Save gas and money for movie tickets.

Beowulf

Premium Member

You mean like an opening day movie being shown in the privacy of a home? Yes I would. Hah, $7 per person is cheap, so I would pay for the whole crowd! In the situation I mentioned, a minimum screen required would be 48 inches. It sounds cozy and fun, huh?

posts from hell

You mean like an opening day movie being shown in the privacy of a home? Yes I would. Hah, $7 per person is cheap, so I would pay for the whole crowd! In the situation I mentioned, a minimum screen required would be 48 inches. It sounds cozy and fun, huh?

more like a deaf club setting. of course the goal is to have the screen as big as possible.

Since it will be on DVD/Blu-Ray for the opening day - it will be much more smoother than the actual movie theater, but a bit smaller.

posts from hell

Smallest I would go for - my TV, in the comfort of my own living room, with my own popcorn and Diet Dr. Pepper.

If I'm going to shell out $12 or more - realistically, double that, for two tickets (husband and self), plus maybe gas money or Metro fare - to see a movie on a big screen, then I want to see it on a theater-size big screen, not a glorified TV set.

ok, what is the smallest theater sized screen would you go for?

posts from hell

depends on how many people are going... I would def go... Though PFH... the AMC in westminster has RWC in most of its theaters. I'm hoping to go see Harry Potter tonight there. I would say prob nothing less than a 10 foot screen, and because I have a hearing GF, for her she would want audio...

Audio won't be an issue at all. I'm sure I can figure something out with the connections I have.

ash345

Audist Free Zone
Premium Member
if you can find a way to do it... we will be there... Westminster decided false advertising was great... and didn't even have rwc... I know rwc isn't that great... but its better than paying $10 for a movie... and not knowing what is going on like last night...