Can someone please explain my report

Vorsia

Reaction score
This is my audio test results they tell me I should get a ci .image.jpg

You have a severe to profound loss in both ears, and a cochlear implant would improve your hearing ability quite a bit over hearing aids. Keep in mind it's your choice, you don't have to get the implant if you don't want to. Just think it over and get lots of information on cochlear implants.

I don't want it she was tell me I would do great it's just scary .im getting new hearing aids she told me because I'm visually impaired .should get it so I could get more info when I'm outside .

I don't want it she was tell me I would do great it's just scary .im getting new hearing aids she told me because I'm visually impaired .should get it so I could get more info when I'm outside .

What does being visually impaired have to do with using a HA or getting an implant ?? You can wear a HA and be visually impaired , I hate it when audi try to force you into using something you don't want. You should not have to explain why you do not want an implant to your audi a simple " No thank!" should do.

What does being visually impaired have to do with using a HA or getting an implant ??

So that she could hear cars and people coming upon her, you would need to hear even better if one is visually impaired. We use our eyes a great deal to tell when we are in danger.

Vorsia has a hearing dog to help with these things, so not quite as important to get the implant.

What does being visually impaired have to do with using a HA or getting an implant ??

It's kind of obvious how taking in extra information however possible could help.

There is less remedy for blindness, so if a CI is beneficial it could be a big help.

And they said Vorsia would do well because she used to have more hearing and knows how to use it.

as she states she get more out of life, lose one sense bad enough e.g at least with ci she hear birds sing even if she no see them..i wonder if OP got Ushers.
You must do all research as possible talk to others with ci many on here have them

No ushers I have optic atrophy and progressive hearing loss I have a guide witch helps so much . And I know sign langue I'm also learning Braille . I use some hand over hand sign I'm in the deaf blind community now .. Through Hellen Keller it's just so scary it's giving really bad anxiety.. I'll give myself some time to think about it I will go to the ci consultation.though .thank you everyone ..

So that she could hear cars and people coming upon her, you would need to hear even better if one is visually impaired. We use our eyes a great deal to tell when we are in danger.

Vorsia has a hearing dog to help with these things, so not quite as important to get the implant.

That is what I said , it sound like the audi is telling her that she would better off getting an implant b/c she is visional impaired . I am saying blind people
are very capable of wearing HA. I know off all that, you misunderstood my post.

That is what I said , it sound like the audi is telling her that she would better off getting an implant b/c she is visional impaired . I am saying blind people
are very capable of wearing HA. I know off all that, you misunderstood my post.

OK, got it!

She may also be getting close to getting negligible benefit from hearing aids.....

She may also be getting close to getting negligible benefit from hearing aids.....

That may be true , but it sound like the audi was saying blind people can't wear HA . If that is so I disagree with that. I had blind clients that lived alone and they were not helpless.

I'm very independent a ci would change my world just will see how my new aids work and go from there . But I'm in no rush the Audi said I would do great that's all . I'm really not sure why she said .

I can hear with hearing aids you just have to talk really loud .. For me to hear even with hearing aids .. But that's with the ones I have now phonak milo plus ups .. I can't really hear with these .

I can hear with hearing aids you just have to talk really loud .. For me to hear even with hearing aids .. But that's with the ones I have now phonak milo plus ups .. I can't really hear with these .

What's your speech comprehension with aids? If it's relatively high, maybe it might be a good idea to hold off on them......Is one ear worse then the other? Maybe you could get the worse ear implanted and use a HA in the other ear.

No ushers I have optic atrophy and progressive hearing loss I have a guide witch helps so much . And I know sign langue I'm also learning Braille . I use some hand over hand sign I'm in the deaf blind community now .. Through Hellen Keller it's just so scary it's giving really bad anxiety.. I'll give myself some time to think about it I will go to the ci consultation.though .thank you everyone ..

Understood...... but if you're maxing out on aids it might be a good idea to get a single CI. It sounds like you're taking advantage of EVERYTHING else....including learning Braille......Just think of the CI as another tool that might help you....You also have a HUGE advantage in that you had a progressive loss.

I like being deaf actually I'm used to it I like using signs not hearing crazy things hearing people hear like when they say your talking loud.. To each other there is peace and I'm introvert to much stimulation overwhelms me.. I get really bad anxiety.. When I take out my aids I'm happy I'm not sure it would me a good fit for me .. We need to be happy we have life .. I missed everyone ... A lot ..life is good now Hellen Keller is great my kids sign with me and everything people talk louder I don't feel left out .. My kids are always supporting me I have adjusted quite comfortable and it's nice .. Be happy and blessed everyone god bless you all . We all have have a community and embracing the deaf blind is another One that is really small but I love being apart of I'm not angry no one should be . To each it's own .. Smile ...

I have to also let you all know I can see shapes .. I'm not completely blind I'm what's called blindness .. I can't see colors just movement and shapes up really close . That's why signing works for me .. I'm doing hand over hand signs when needing repeating . It's works for me I just thing I bother people and life would be easier for everyone els . But not about everyone it's about me . I'm going to be selfish and say this is what I want .

There should be a big D ...." DeafBlind " ... No more little D..

Back