Can someone please explain my report

I like being deaf actually I'm used to it I like using signs not hearing crazy things hearing people hear like when they say your talking loud.. To each other there is peace and I'm introvert to much stimulation overwhelms me.. I get really bad anxiety.. When I take out my aids I'm happy I'm not sure it would me a good fit for me .. We need to be happy we have life .. I missed everyone ... A lot ..life is good now Hellen Keller is great my kids sign with me and everything people talk louder I don't feel left out .. My kids are always supporting me I have adjusted quite comfortable and it's nice .. Be happy and blessed everyone god bless you all . We all have have a community and embracing the deaf blind is another One that is really small but I love being apart of I'm not angry no one should be . To each it's own .. Smile ...

Vorsia, you inspire me with your strength. I love how you are so positive. There are so many people who complain about everything, they just don't know how well they have it. If hearing aids are working for you then don't get a CI. If at some point hearing aids stop working for you then you still have the CI option. Your boys are lucky to have such a wonder, strong mother.

It's a hit and miss with hearing aids .. I'm doing it's fine no complaints here hey I'm thankful to have the group I can come to . Angel your great !love ya girl thanks I'm just trying to live my life the best way I know how . Hearing aids are not a cure but it's an option I don't hear well with hearing aids unless someone talk really loud .. Close to me .. I think it gets on people's nerves a lot .. And they just stop talking or just don't want to bothered with me. I guess it wasn't that important then . My best way to communication is everything speech sign and hand over hand . I don't always like to wear my hearing aids . I lost them many times I'm really bad with these things .. Lol .. But I'm trying and my life is to be happy smile I love everyone I can do you can do it . We all can , we only get this short little life in this earth and we can't wast it .. With worry just be happy no matter what.. Love love love you all .

You don't have to get CI's and if you are happy being deaf, ok. I had HA's, 20 years worth. It got to the point that understanding people was extremely difficult. I went for a CI consult, qualified bilaterally, I have 2 CI's now. I went from about 30% speech recognition in both ears with HA's to 100% with my CI's. It's pretty amazing technology.

What question I did have is dose anyone see a speech speech on it ? I only did one words no sentences I'm lost with sentence . I'm only asking for understanding not like it changes anything .

What question I did have is dose anyone see a speech speech on it ? I only did one words no sentences I'm lost with sentence . I'm only asking for understanding not like it changes anything .

It says they could not evaluate for speech, which given your curve, makes sense.

A cochlear implant very well could change your world. You could be one of the many who benefit greatly and are able to hear well enough to talk on the phone, you could be even more independent.
Getting a cochlear implant won't change who you are, it is a tool that is much, much, much better for people with profound hearing loss than hearing aids.

Before getting my CI last year, I couldn't talk on the phone or order food at a resturant without a great deal of effort and apologizing for not hearing.
Now, I can answer the phone, usually hear the speaker and engage in a conversation.

Back