breastfeeding at 5yrs old

Does breast milk still boost the immune system at 5 years? I didn't think it did after infancy.

No, just a bonding thing.... making a momma's baby...lol

Sounds like the mom is doing this more for her then her child. This is way beyond getting healthy benefits from mothers milk. 5 years old and still nursing...SMH!!!!!!

Yes!....more to be said about "the mother"...Sexual overtones here...I've read about it.

What in the WORLD is the big deal?
Whose business is it, anyway? :confused:

I'm afraid what if my baby continue breastfeed like the 5years old. ahhhhhhhhhh... I keep saying to my baby. please drink regular milk.. I gave him formula milk and regular milk . He's not crazy drink at all.. ahhhhhh ... We just hope finish breastfeed before his birthday.

Ur doctor can give you a shot to dry up ur breast milk....and also, saying to ur 17 month old to "please" drink regular milk?....:roll:...He may cry for it...but you have to make a firm stand and give him a bottle....

Ur doctor can give you a shot to dry up ur breast milk....and also, saying to ur 17 month old to "please" drink regular milk?....:roll:...He may cry for it...but you have to make a firm stand and give him a bottle....

I didn't know there doctor can give; and dry up my breast milk... Yes, I'm try my best; and we're working on for my youngest son. Our Early Step working on too and teach him to use sippy cup and I doing that too... Wish me luck...

I am not keen on judging people. BUT 5 years old doing it with mom in public that is something weird in the picture. EH.

I think the mother is an exhibitionism and is using her child as an excuse to get away with this.

Epsom salt...sad she needs to do this with 5yr old bonding should happened before....I hate that term bonding....she must have nipple like sand paper

I didn't know there doctor can give; and dry up my breast milk... Yes, I'm try my best; and we're working on for my youngest son. Our Early Step working on too and teach him to use sippy cup and I doing that too... Wish me luck...

IMO you are in control here. You can wean him slowly. Cut down by 1 per day then cut down again by 1. That's what I did with mine. If you let the child control you, then you will have more problems later down the road with your children.

there some very unhealthy issues with this woman and some are sexual..it a known syndrome

Does breast milk still boost the immune system at 5 years? I didn't think it did after infancy.

if it didn't... that is probably cuz the mother has a poor health

What in the WORLD is the big deal?
Whose business is it, anyway? :confused:

The mother is making it other people business when she is nursing a 5 yo girl in public. I think the mother has serious issues if she think it's normal to be still be nursing her 5 yo child.

That not good idea!! Mostly mother did chosen kept breastfed till 5-10 years old that stupid question!

Mostly mother chosen breastfed of baby from newborn to 1 years old would be fine not after that!

IMO you are in control here. You can wean him slowly. Cut down by 1 per day then cut down again by 1. That's what I did with mine. If you let the child control you, then you will have more problems later down the road with your children.

Yes, I did wean slowly to my son and give him yogurt, little ice cream, and foods. I'm not let him close to me but he was crawling and cry toward me.. He's become scream loud (neighbor can heard you) ooppss.....

I tried my best what I can do... Pray God for wisdom!

Breast-feeding a 3-year-old is normal, anthropologist says

According to this web site it's normal to nurse a 5 yo child in most other countries and some nurse kids 9 yo .

Wow what a great article. I read and agreed with this
Mothers who breast-feed have lower rates of breast cancer and ovarian cancer, says Grummer-Strawn. The longer they breast-feed, the lower their rates, he says. -

But the normal breastfeed with the 2 , 3 , 5 and 9yrs old. that's good for them. But me, I favor 2yrs old stop or less. =).

My son is 9 months old and he eats broccoli, carrots, applesauce, bananas, green beans, rice cereal (with formula). My wife stopped breast feeding after 4 months and switched to formula.

Maybe this mother confused "months" for "years" :confused:

After all .. she is from Tennessee ... I don't know of any rocket scientists from that State.

I nursed all three of my kids until they turned one year old. They were ready and we had no issues. My youngest daughter when she gave up her bottle, she stopped driking milk.

Vanessa if you really want to end nursing your son I have read a few tips. 1) Just tell him that mommy's milk is not the same anymore. 2) get him a really special sippy cup then tell him you can't nurse anymore because he is such a big boy. But we can try putting mommy's milk in your new sisspy 3) Lastly if all else fails put something on your nipple that has a bad taste to it so your son won't want to nurse.

Back