Breaking News! CNN announces Osama Bin Laden is Dead !

Oh, yes!! The crowd outside the White House is amazing! People are chanting Obama got Osama!!

There is a huge crowd gathering outside ground zero in NYC, too. I'm sure it is happening everywhere!

Isn't it odd that Obama and Osama have similar surnames?

Edit: sorry, I just remember that Osama is a first name.

I heard earlier today, just after the firefight, that his son and 2 of his grandchildren were killed. That was prior to anything said about Bin Laden himself.

I thought that was Libyian leader's son and 2 grandchildren was killed? Maybe I'm wrong.

They are now saying that they attempted to take Osama live, but he resisted, and was killed during the resistance. Also, 2 other men were killed, and a woman was killed because she was being used as a shield during the firefight.

I thought that was Libyian leader's son and 2 grandchildren was killed? Maybe I'm wrong.

Perhaps I am wrong. I just kind of heard it in the background as I was passing through the room that the TV was in. But they are saying that 2 other men were killed in the firefight.

They are now saying that they attempted to take Osama live, but he resisted, and was killed during the resistance. Also, 2 other men were killed, and a woman was killed because she was being used as a shield during the firefight.

Using a woman? how sad!

Oh, yes!! The crowd outside the White House is amazing! People are chanting Obama got Osama!!

There is a huge crowd gathering outside ground zero in NYC, too. I'm sure it is happening everywhere!
I'm 99.9 percent sure, that they are very happy americans for the first time in nearly 10 years celebrating in that old style that you guys have not seen in a very long time. :cool2: Get these beer boxes a'crackin'!

osama_bin_laden_dead0001_66.jpg

Real or fake? You decide.

I'm 99.9 percent sure, that they are very happy americans for the first time in nearly 10 years celebrating in that old style that you guys have not seen in a very long time. :cool2: Get these beer boxes a'crackin'!

Kind of reminds me of the celebrations that went on when WWII was over. I've seen the old newreels and it looks a lot the same.

Kind of reminds me of the celebrations that went on when WWII was over. I've seen the old newreels and it looks a lot the same.

Only they got pad and phones out taking pictures and videos. I doubt they had that after WWII. :giggle:

Interesting:

...Based on statements given by U.S. detainees, intelligence officials have known for years that bin Laden trusted one al-Qaida courier in particular and they believed he might be living with him in hiding. In November, intelligence officials found out where he was living, a huge fortified compound in an affluent suburb of Islamabad. It was surrounded by walls as high as 18 feet high, topped with barbed wire. There were two security gates and no phone or Internet running into the house.

Intelligence officials believed the $1 million home was custom-built to harbor a major terrorist. CIA experts analyzed whether it could be anyone else, but time and again, they decided it was almost certainly bin Laden.

Three adult males were also killed in Sunday's raid, including one of bin Laden's sons, whom officials did not name. One of bin Laden's sons, Hamza, is a senior member of al-Qaida....

AP Newswire | Stars and Stripes

I hope this gives peace and a sense of justice to those who still need it at this point, but let's not make ourselves seem like vindictive nationalists. I am really uncomfortable by the happiness and celebrating of someone's death, murdering tyrant or not. Very reminiscent of the celebrations by terrorist sympathizers following 9-11...

No, you misunderstood a little bit. Obama said that a week ago he determined there was enough intelligence to go after the compound in Pakistan. The attack was launched today, and Osama was killed today, his body taken by U.S. forces.

It was a boots on the ground operation, not an airstrike.

He did not say, but it's fair to assume, they did the DNA analysis immediately.
Sure. CSI Grissom was called immediately. His team is on it.

Back