Beachbody? (P90X, RevAbs, Chalean, Insanity)

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone use Beachbody products? They are crazy expensive, but the fitness programs do have benefits.

I am currently doing RevAbs, then I will phase into p90x, and eventually I will roll into a p90x/RevAbs hybrid. I am just taking it one day at a time to get my fitness levels up to where I can start roasting calories.

Yes, I have heard of T25. It's a fairly new program from Beachbody. I have been told it is HARD.

Last edited:
yes i have don insanity twice. i really like it. i still use most of its exercises with my own change ups daily with at different tempos.
the best thing about insanity is all you need is you.
once you learn the programmer that sit and the diet. the elite nutrition book which come swift it is awesome. p90x and insanity are very different beasts.
which day are you in with your p90x training?
again i'm very familiar with insanity having done its circuit twice,
i prefer agility and speed to bulk thus i'm happy where my body mass and wight is at th e moment.
insanity rocks!!!

I don't use the products but I got some of the DVDs made by Shaun T. Love them!

I just started my 3rd round of p90x on Tuesday. I didn't have to pay for it though :D My sister has been on a full blown fitness rage, she sent me her p90x book and dvds when p90x2 came out. She's never done Insanity but has T25.

I love p90x :D I can barely moved right now after only two days, chest and back/abripper and plyometrics, but I still love it. This is the first time I'm able to do the plyometrics vid, it's very....jumpy. I used to live in an apartment with down stairs neighbors....they didn't like jumping. :D So I used to sub the core synergistic or do leg and back (minus the back execises) for it.

I wonder though if it's really worth getting p90x2 and I heard a new one is coming out.

I'm just doing RevAbs for now. I had to get off the fitness wagon after a bad injury to my foot last year that required me to wear one of those awful boots. I'm doing it a little bit at a time to get my fitness level up so that by the time I start p90x, I can really push my limits and burn calories. I'm just taking it one day at a time. I take a rest day every 4 or 5 days of working out so that I don't overdo it and cause more harm than good. I have noticed my breathing is better and I won't be so winded having to lug 20 pounds of books across campus from Witherspoon to Crabaugh.

I'm just doing RevAbs for now. I had to get off the fitness wagon after a bad injury to my foot last year that required me to wear one of those awful boots. I'm doing it a little bit at a time to get my fitness level up so that by the time I start p90x, I can really push my limits and burn calories. I'm just taking it one day at a time. I take a rest day every 4 or 5 days of working out so that I don't overdo it and cause more harm than good. I have noticed my breathing is better and I won't be so winded having to lug 20 pounds of books across campus from Witherspoon to Crabaugh.

cool. my best advice would be to now concentrate on your diet, to get you to where ever you think you should be internally before you start p90x. in the end really the secret in my opinion is first in your diet.

may ask what your end goal is in training?
what is your age ?
are doing any paradigm cross training at all at the moment?

I just started my 3rd round of p90x on Tuesday. I didn't have to pay for it though :D My sister has been on a full blown fitness rage, she sent me her p90x book and dvds when p90x2 came out. She's never done Insanity but has T25.

I love p90x :D I can barely moved right now after only two days, chest and back/abripper and plyometrics, but I still love it. This is the first time I'm able to do the plyometrics vid, it's very....jumpy. I used to live in an apartment with down stairs neighbors....they didn't like jumping. :D So I used to sub the core synergistic or do leg and back (minus the back execises) for it.

I wonder though if it's really worth getting p90x2 and I heard a new one is coming out.

my my....................
(lights cigarette, breaths deep, exhales, sips a fine healthy smoothy with a shot of scotch, leans back with a scotch smoothie mustache,)

wicked girl!!!

(wipes off mustache............... looks away)

cool. my best advice would be to now concentrate on your diet, to get you to where ever you think you should be internally before you start p90x. in the end really the secret in my opinion is first in your diet.

may ask what your end goal is in training?
what is your age ?
are doing any paradigm cross training at all at the moment?

I don't plan on being a model, but I do want to be in the 130 pound range and reasonably fit for my age. Once I reach these goals, I plan to start the maintenance workouts to maintain that.

I know diet is a huge factor in losing weight because different types of foods break down differently within the body.

I don't do paradigm cross training, I don't think my foot can take that just yet.

Very very true they say a six pack is 80% nutrition and 20% gym.

Not that that's what everyone's fitness goal should be ;) but it dies illustrate the importance of nutrition

Since I've moved in with my parents my carb and processed food consumption has gone way up. The effects of that have become evident. Ugh, gotta get back to clean eating.

anyone of you who give up on T25 and send me!! I aint buying that expensive program. :D

The programs(like Body for Life which I did) need you to use the supplements, it's what makes them money. And, to be fair, the supplements give you a better look in a shorter period of time. However, the basis of at least the BFL, plan(s) will/should allow you to lose the weight and look good without supplements in a longer period of time, without risk.

It's your choice, but for me I felt the non-supplement approach was healthier.

Be careful what you take, you really have no idea what is being given to you.

Just my two cents..

Also, another thing to motivate you to put in the effort is this:
If you can spend 45 minutes to an hour to play around online on social media, then you've got time to get a good work out in. It all lies in what your priorities are.

Shifted some stuff around to make sure I meet my academic and fitness goals for the semester. I've been getting up at 5:00 and working out, and I actually feel better throughout the day now that I hit it hard first thing in the morning. Because I'm doing it in the morning, I don't have to compete with other obligations to make time for working out. The way I see it is, I've got the hard part of the day over with before I ever leave my apartment.

Shifted some stuff around to make sure I meet my academic and fitness goals for the semester. I've been getting up at 5:00 and working out, and I actually feel better throughout the day now that I hit it hard first thing in the morning. Because I'm doing it in the morning, I don't have to compete with other obligations to make time for working out. The way I see it is, I've got the hard part of the day over with before I ever leave my apartment.

I want to work out in the morning, but I am soooooo not a morning person. I always end up doing it when I get home from work. I just started the second week of p90x tonight. Last thursday I did 7 hours of massage and then came home and did shoulders and arms and the ab ripper. That was a pretty damn brutal day. I'm feeling pretty awesome though :D The one thing I need to focus on, okay 2, is drinking more water I just a lot but I should drink more more MORE and getting more sleep. :/

Back