Baptism

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have your Children/Child/Baby Been Baptism Yet?

I have not gotten My Boys Baptism Yet.. It is very hard to find a Church that Willing to Provide Interpreters.. I was thinking after we Move into a new hometown, Hoping I will be able to find a Church and have my boys baptism.

I haven't had my kids baptized yet. In fact, I don't even have any kids! ;)

I was baptized myself though.

No, I haven't...and I wasn't baptism either!

My daughter was baptized when she was 5 months old at the church in the other town within 30 minutes away from our home because of the priest knows sign and live there. Two years later, he moved to other church which is 50 minutes away from our home. My son was bapism when he was 9 1/2 months old. THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO.

Both of my girls were baptized at a Roman Catholic Church a month after their birth. Their father is a devout Roman Catholic so it was important to have them baptized immediately.

The girls goes to a Roman Catholic school so they go to Mass twice a week.

Cheri, I know it is hard to find a church that provides interpreter. Do you live in a small town?

Meg said:
Cheri, I know it is hard to find a church that provides interpreter. Do you live in a small town?

I live in a Small City and There is a Church Up my Street that Provides Interpreter which that is a Jehovah Witness Church.

umm, I was baptism by deaf church (first baptist church in dallas) in many years ago. I would have kids to be baptism when they do believe. :)

Wow, what a interesting that some of your children are not baptized yet. It´s cool.

Yeah, I´m Roman Catholic & My hubby is protestiant. My both sons were baptized when they were 4 months old.
Normally, I would not support those idea. I beleive it´s child´s choice. Look the example about Jesus who was baptized by John (son of Jesus´s mother ´s cousin Elizabeth) when he was 30 years old but my hubby is not agreed to this.
Why? Because all of the children in the villiage where we live & goes to same school & learn about reglious. My son will be left out when they learns that he´s non-reglious which it´s no good for him. I´m agree to this because of my children´s sake.

Well, I remember my mother-in-law do is hurried to make an appointment with priest when my baby should baptized without tell me first, that time my baby was 2 days old in March 1993. I lied ill in the hospitial to have my first baby.
All what she want my baby baptized straight way after hospitail. I said NO but my mother-in-law was angry & call me selfish & never think about my baby's safety. She told me that her 2 babies were baptized when they were 1 week old to protect them again devil world.

I ingored her forbidden to pram my baby outside or take him out etc because it would bring bad luck without baptized. I told her firmly that it´s my baby & it´s my life.

She was upset when we decided to choose July for our son´s baptized. I also told her firmly to respect our decision & our life because our view are different than her.

She feel relieved real good after baptism over but I ingored her comment.

Liebling:-))) said:
Wow, what a interesting that some of your children are not baptized yet. It´s cool.

Yeah, I´m Roman Catholic & My hubby is protestiant. My both sons were baptized when they were 4 months old.
Normally, I would not support those idea. I beleive it´s child´s choice. Look the example about Jesus who was baptized by John (son of Jesus´s mother ´s cousin Elizabeth) when he was 30 years old but my hubby is not agreed to this.
Why? Because all of the children in the villiage where we live & goes to same school & learn about reglious. My son will be left out when they learns that he´s non-reglious which it´s no good for him. I´m agree to this because of my children´s sake.

Well, I remember my mother-in-law do is hurried to make an appointment with priest when my baby should baptized without tell me first, that time my baby was 2 days old in March 1993. I lied ill in the hospitial to have my first baby.
All what she want my baby baptized straight way after hospitail. I said NO but my mother-in-law was angry & call me selfish & never think about my baby's safety. She told me that her 2 babies were baptized when they were 1 week old to protect them again devil world.

I ingored her forbidden to pram my baby outside or take him out etc because it would bring bad luck without baptized. I told her firmly that it´s my baby & it´s my life.

She was upset when we decided to choose July for our son´s baptized. I also told her firmly to respect our decision & our life because our view are different than her.

She feel relieved real good after baptism over but I ingored her comment.

Oh, man. I am so sorry that your MIL pushed you too far. Sounds like she is very serious abut her own relgious. Glad you made your own decisoon whatever its the best for you rkids.. Not in your mil's decision.

Back