ASL slang for breast?

RaeAnne

Reaction score
I'm breastfeeding my dd, and am wondering if there is an ASL equivalent for the word "boob." We're sort of a weird family, and "breastfeed" just isn't going to cut it. :giggle:

TIA!

I'm breastfeeding my dd, and am wondering if there is an ASL equivalent for the word "boob." We're sort of a weird family, and "breastfeed" just isn't going to cut it. :giggle:

TIA!

I can think of a sign for a few politicians that would fit that name... BOOB, but no clue of sign for ya,,, I will be intrested to see what comes up...
good luck with this,,, :)

The only sign I know for Breast, is a B, going from one to the other side of the chest.

I only know the sign with the "B" hand going from breast-to-breast...

Now that I think about it, why not just do the sign at the breast with a flat o-shape hand and move it in a "sucking" movement.

Then there you would have a sign for breastfeeding.

I would sign "milk" when it is time to feed the baby. (no matter if it is at breast or the bottle) I did that with 1st and now I have 2nd baby, and still nursing and still use bottle as well. He likes both. :)

Go to the bars and ask the drunk men there how would they sign boobs.

Usually you would get the conceptually accurate ASL sign for boobs, and I am pretty darned sure I do not need to describe it.

And the letter "B" from breast to breast is obsolete, damn hearing educators.

I would sign "milk" when it is time to feed the baby. (no matter if it is at breast or the bottle) I did that with 1st and now I have 2nd baby, and still nursing and still use bottle as well. He likes both. :)

.... ffs why did you bring up an old thread....

I thought you just sort of bounce your (imaginary) boobs with your hands to sign boobs.

I been told by a hearing person that the word breastfeeding is not the proper word and that we should use "Nursing" when referring breastfeeding. Oh well. each to their own.

I call it nursing, too. I may be a regional thing.

I'm done! I spent 4 years lactating and my mammary glands are retired now.

PowerOn should be here shortly. . . :laugh2:

He probably knows.

oh, for sake, just use fingers and pretend you sucks that breast what baby sucks that way.

TIA!

I knew a woman that used the squezeing milk out of cow like sign
I just cop a feel on my self and some times others if they are game

Back