Armored truck door opens as it drives down highway, commuters scoop up cash

rockin'robin

Reaction score
BALTIMORE —
An armored truck full of money had technical difficulties Wednesday night and it caused thousands of dollars to fly out of the back of the vehicle.

WRC in Washington, D.C. reported that commuters had quite the surprise in the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel on the drive home Wednesday.

Police said the truck's door malfunctioned and thousands of dollars flew from the back of the Brink's armored truck.

Commuters hit the brakes in both lanes, and scooped up the money.

The traffic jam in the tunnel ended up lasting eight hours, WRC reported.

Now police are trying to find the free money.

Maryland Transportation Authority Police said that anyone who took the cash, and didn't yet give it back, can turn it in by a Saturday deadline and they won't charged with theft.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...k-door-opens-it-drives-down-highway-co/nm2PL/

Act of God if money fall in your lap you ment to keep it

I wonder if the money serial numbers was recorded before being loaded on the armored truck , that would be the only way to get it back when people go to use it. I wonder if I would keep it or return it. :hmm: I think would give it back, I would feel too guilty keeping it.

I wonder if the money serial numbers was recorded before being loaded on the armored truck , that would be the only way to get it back when people go to use it. I wonder if I would keep it or return it. :hmm: I think would give it back, I would feel too guilty keeping it.

Serial # aren't recorded, it would take way too much time, just the dollar total.

spend it quick...sorry but no guilt

spend it quick...sorry but no guilt

Whip me...beat me....make me write out rubber checks....:giggle:...remember the time a Lobster truck ahead of us, the doors opened (seems the driver didn't secure it properly)...and all those Lobsters fell out all over the road....Boy!...We had a blast...and lived at the Beach at that time...so of course we had a party....

Yeah, I'd keep the $$ Honey!....Hoping it was $100 bills too!...

Ever watched the movie money for nothing?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx5KsAoOeSQ[/ame]

i say what meant to be will happen and if money raining down on me happened then that was my fate...if got guilts give it to charity i however got no guilts what so ever

I do not think it would be right to keep the money, especially if it is known where it was from and who it belongs to....

Lol i'd spend that money; they can't track it. Why do you think cash purchases are favored over credit purchases?

Lol i'd spend that money; they can't track it. Why do you think cash purchases are favored over credit purchases?

Well not to be too pithy...
They can track all bills. It depends if they want to..in regards to the loot on the armoured car..every bill in there was accounted for, every billis numbered. And they can track it, if they wished...since no crime was commited in this case..they wont..
But if you go rob a bank and make it, the billls you take are tracable, thus one needs to cleam them, ie launder them, tuen them iver to something thst csn be turned again into bills or other bills for a percentage.
Anyway..
Back to the thread

Who are you stealing it from..similar thing happened not far from me The Bank of England have a place they dispose of five ponds and over one day lorry taking millions of £ to be incinerated they also fell off lorry the notes not marked of course people took it.After that they had notes cut up and different bits taken by different lorries

What's with these armored car doors?

"GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) -
Deputies said people who grabbed some of the cash that was seen fluttering through the air and onto the roadway on Interstate 85 between I-385 and Pelham Road Monday will likely not be charged

Dispatchers said they received calls from drivers who reported that a door had come open on an armored truck and the loot it carried was spilling onto the Interstate around 8 a.m…."

Cash seen flying on I85 Monday

What's with these armored car doors?

"GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) -
Deputies said people who grabbed some of the cash that was seen fluttering through the air and onto the roadway on Interstate 85 between I-385 and Pelham Road Monday will likely not be charged

Dispatchers said they received calls from drivers who reported that a door had come open on an armored truck and the loot it carried was spilling onto the Interstate around 8 a.m…."

Cash seen flying on I85 Monday

Wonder how often this happens.mmmmm

Back