Anyone do Yoga?

ladysolitary85

Reaction score
Been trying to Youtube some Yoga videos not finding much for subtitles though :-(

But I like it!

Those of you who do Yoga how long have you been doing it and has it benefited you?

I do yoga! I'm horrible at it though because I tend to fall over a lot. It's calming though :) I like to put it on my iPad so I can push my iPad around to always see it at least in my peripheral. I've never found one with CC.

I've been doing yoga since 2006 or so, when my hearing and balance started getting bad. I started it to try to train myself to have better balance. It seems to help, mostly with stress.... I like it :)

I tried it for the first time a few days ago, whoever said yoga isn't a work out seriously never tried it lol! But I did start feeling better!

I do it, not real regularly and it's not the bulk of my work outs. I'm not real fond of the calming/relaxation blah blah I just to push my bod. I have a couple DVDs, one is lamia hand I'm glad I can't hear her anymore she says stuff like "relax and soften your internal organs" say what now??? Ok spleen...relaaaaax....or "twisting the bidy squeezes toxins out of the internal organs" like we're a towel or something???

I've p90x and really really like the yoga video fir it, it's 90 minutes long and it's hard!! I have a hard time with poses like warrior 3, when I have to stand on one leg with my head on a different axis, like tree stand I'm alright. Anyway after I finished p90x I started going to the gym and using the weights. But I was trying to get yoga in once a week, didn't always but I like to just for the stretching. I have another yoga video I use sometimes Yoga Works Body Slim, it's like cardio yoga. I go that awhile ago, I had been trying different yoga workouts on excercise tv on demand and it was favorite, but they were forever adding and deleting it from the list so I just bought it.

I do it, not real regularly and it's not the bulk of my work outs. I'm not real fond of the calming/relaxation blah blah I just to push my bod. I have a couple DVDs, one is lamia hand I'm glad I can't hear her anymore she says stuff like "relax and soften your internal organs" say what now??? Ok spleen...relaaaaax....or "twisting the bidy squeezes toxins out of the internal organs" like we're a towel or something???

I've p90x and really really like the yoga video fir it, it's 90 minutes long and it's hard!! I have a hard time with poses like warrior 3, when I have to stand on one leg with my head on a different axis, like tree stand I'm alright. Anyway after I finished p90x I started going to the gym and using the weights. But I was trying to get yoga in once a week, didn't always but I like to just for the stretching. I have another yoga video I use sometimes Yoga Works Body Slim, it's like cardio yoga. I go that awhile ago, I had been trying different yoga workouts on excercise tv on demand and it was favorite, but they were forever adding and deleting it from the list so I just bought it.

Yea some people like a bit more speed/cardio exercises. Yoga is something I'd like to do in the mornings, maybe evenings but I want to feel more burn in the afternoon.

I do Bikram Yoga everyday (I take 1 or 2 classes everyday).

LOVE it.

There are a few places that actually have ASL Bikram Yoga classes, but none in my area.

Because it has a fixed dialogue and the postures are is the same order all the time it's easier to follow along. There are a few postures that you can't see in, but my teacher taps me when it's time to change, so it's fine :)

I do yoga yes. its mainly incorporated into our dojo warm up system/cool down system ie yoga shinto. Having said that i have trained in ashtanga as well as kundalini but prefer javamukti.
do yourself a favor and try to find an instructor. Yoga is a very subtle and complex way for the body.
while vids can be a help and aid i believe they can do more harm then good if used without any experience or any instructor.
for what its worth

I love yoga! Before I went deaf, I was really starting to get into it. I haven't done it much since losing my hearing since it's harder now, but every so often I do practice and love it. Once my ASL is up to snuff I plan on doing it regularly as there are plenty of ASL yoga classes.

Love yoga, did it for a couple years when I was younger, then 2 years in high school, by the 4th month any of the weird aches or spasms I had were gone. It's also good to be able to learn to really meditate, thats always helped me deal with tinnitus. I need to get back into doing it. My class had a room full of mirrors, but sometimes id be doing the wrong thing or be in one position too long, like chavasana (corpse pose) , the class would be packing up and im still on the floor in peace & silence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

To begin with, mainly kept it up for that mind-muscle foundation. I wanted something more intense, so I took up variations of weight training, it felt extremely relaxing afterward. :P

Not really Yoga, but I joined a fitness place next door to my work when I get a chance I get a workout with a couple of co workers.

Feel it would be a good idea for myself....I've pretty much dealt with a lot of stress all my life....would be wonderful if it all would just wash all away!....

I would love to give it a try but I have always worried on how I would be able to follow the instructions as several times, it requires closing eyes.

I would love to give it a try but I have always worried on how I would be able to follow the instructions as several times, it requires closing eyes.

That can be easily handled by discussing it with your instructor. A number of wYz that can be worked into your training is

Timing and counting your breaths.
Once you go throughout series. You will eventually pick up how long it takes and breaths between mosvementz. And act accordingly
Or
Using touch to allow you to follow if your eyes are closed
Really it's not to much of a bug deL. He'll in the beginning keep yours open until u learnt he series.
It's not hT hard to work around

We do something similar to this in martial arts and I'm just never able to do it. It's not that I worry about hearing, because I don't so why worry, but I just feel stupid sitting on the floor with my eyes closed. Must be just me......

Laura

Did the Lion today and scared the bejeezus out of a couple kids who walked into the room.

Back