Anti-Bullying Ad Campaign

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the best anti-bullying ads I've seen in a long time:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWJut7KQhI4&feature=related]YouTube - Anti-Bullying ad[/ame]
What do you think?

I was bullied from elementary school up and it was constant, so I can relate.

:thumb::wave:wow, Dixie, I just saw this and thought that was great! I'm glad you posted it. I can relate too because I was really bullied too, physically and emotionally, til about high school, when I decided to go to a different high school than the one that I would have been tracked into based on where we lived. It was an arts specialty high school and I went there not because I wanted to have my stuff in an art gallery or dance on Broadway - went there purely for survival.

But I sure do like how they portray the one blond-turned red-head kid handling that situation in that clip!

Great clip!

Yea, I was bullied in middle school. It was so bad in one of my classes that I had to change it to get away from a certain girl. Thank goodness it stopped in high school.

That is a good clip.

I use a program that uses a lot of video re: acceptance of disabilities. Often, when a kid I have advocated for is in the mainstream, I will go into the class and present the tolerance program. I take a survey regarding their feelings about disability before I present the info, and then another after the program. It is amazing how their thoughts and reactions change. I fully believe that it works because it addresses the topic visually and that is better at evoking emotional responses. Emotion is necessary to attitude change.

Oh, well...I'l stop rambling now.

Thanks for the clip, Dixie.:ty:

I really like that bit of info. you just gave about the acceptance program you use, with the students Jilio. Lucky kids:)

I really like that bit of info. you just gave about the acceptance program you use, with the students Jilio. Lucky kids:)

:ty: But I forgot to mention the name of the program!:giggle: It's is called "Don't Laugh at Me." The curriculum can be downloaded for free, for 2 different age groups if anyone is interested.

:ty: But I forgot to mention the name of the program!:giggle: It's is called "Don't Laugh at Me." The curriculum can be downloaded for free, for 2 different age groups if anyone is interested.

People do not like to be laughed at, that's for sure. A lot of people don't understand the difference between laughing with and laughing at people.

People do not like to be laughed at, that's for sure. A lot of people don't understand the difference between laughing with and laughing at people.

**nodding** Especially children.

:hmm: :ty: again - "Don't Laugh at Me" - I'll check that out

I think kids can sometimes be more insightful than adults, especially when given the option to really think critically in an open environment with no attachments, and choose based on their own self-perceptions.

Actually, I would say adults are just as bad. It's really sad.

Yes, they are sometimes. I agree with dogmom's post above. Kid's seem to have a greater ability to apply empathy to various situations than many adults do, if only given the opportunity and the information in the right format.

Thanks for the info Jillio. Signed up for it today. Daughter has always had issues due to her learning disabilities. That's a big part of why I home school now.

I have also been able to get a lot of stuff through State Farm, but they no longer offer things for educators anymore.

Thanks for the info Jillio. Signed up for it today. Daughter has always had issues due to her learning disabilities. That's a big part of why I home school now.

I have also been able to get a lot of stuff through State Farm, but they no longer offer things for educators anymore.

NP. Hope you like the program as much as I do.

Actually, I would say adults are just as bad. It's really sad.

I would say that adults are WORSE ... young children model the peers and adults in their lives - often without really understanding what they are doing (or the depth of what they are doing.)

Adults have seen enough of life that they KNOW better.(provided they don't have a cognitive challenge which prevents them from understanding and experiencing empathy etc)

Children (at least young children) hurt each other because they are still learning how socialization "works" and don't understand the results of their actions fully.

Adults hurt each other ( via bullying etc) BECAUSE they've LEARNED that it hurts the other person.

Ignorance is one thing, intent is another.

Last edited:
I would say that adults are WORSE ... young children model the peers and adults in their lives - often without really understanding what they are doing (or the depth of what they are doing.

Adults have seen enough of life that they KNOW better.(provided they don't have a cognitive challenge which prevents them from understanding and experiences empathy etc)

Children (at least young children) hurt each other because they are still learning how socialization "works" and don't understand the results of their actions fully.

Adults hurt each other ( via bullying etc) BECAUSE they've LEARNED that it hurts the other person.

Ignorance is one thing, intent is another.

I will have to agree with you on that one. It's just terrible.

One of the best anti-bullying ads I've seen in a long time:
YouTube - Anti-Bullying ad
What do you think?

I was bullied from elementary school up and it was constant, so I can relate.

reminds me of me decking that prick at lunch room cuz he kept picking on this new guy who transferred to my school :roll:

You know I been bullied in a big time. I don't know if I call this as bully but it's brutal action. As you may have to be aware of it during the 70's. My family was a military brat and we move around a lot. I used to live in England when I was so young and I pick up British environment... meaning... British language, British social life and so on. Then we move to Biloxi, MS. Now you have to remember this, this was during the segretation of black and white. Secondly, it's very Canjun environment. It's a cultural shock for me. When I first met a deaf black guy that I thought he would be cool to hang out with. To me, I don't see anything wrong with him, but for the people of the south think there is something wrong with me being with black guy. You know, when I asked mom to take me to my friend's house, she got really uncomfortable because of what's going on with segretation but she bravely willing to take me to the black town and met my friend's parents. So, as the rumor spread, when the kids saw me hanging out with my best friend, which of course he's deaf african american kid.. after he left, there was about 4 white kids came up to me shout at me saying all the "N" words and telling me to stay away from him. I ignore him. Then later I got caught again and I was brutally beat up. So, You know, when I live in England.. there are black people living there and they all seem to be normal...but when I moved to Biloxi, MS....it's nothing like this. Then we finally move to Maryland, this is where I first learn about Gallaudet...

So, saying above I have learned so much about cultural divide, it's all about the integration of people where they are from. I intergate more with deaf people.

this is a good video, i have been bullied in middle school.. but it stopped when i started teaching them about my deafness and they started to care. but some people are still kind of bullying me in high school.

Back