Annoying ignorant hearing people stories

Some of us with smartphones type notes and show the phone to the counter person.

Careful. I've had 2 idiots take my phone to read it closer, and drop my really expensive smartphone. Thankfully, only to a counter and didn't break it.
I also had one decide to pick up start exploring my unlocked device when I was getting my money out.
I only use it for that in a pinch now. I've got something called a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=boogie%20board"]Boogie Board[/ame]. All it does is write and erase, and it's hard to break. It's also a lot cheaper than my smartphone if somebody does break it, or decide to run off with it.

Careful. I've had 2 idiots take my phone to read it closer, and drop my really expensive smartphone. Thankfully, only to a counter and didn't break it.
I also had one decide to pick up start exploring my unlocked device when I was getting my money out.
I only use it for that in a pinch now. I've got something called a Boogie Board. All it does is write and erase, and it's hard to break. It's also a lot cheaper than my smartphone if somebody does break it, or decide to run off with it.

Off topic...but I checked ur profile "about me"...very interesting!...Have you made a thread about this?

Good for you....give 'em Hell...and maybe the next time this happens to them they will realize that the person is not simply ignoring them...that they might be deaf and did not hear them...It's like teaching them by example :giggle:
I don't know, some people are just too thick headed.

I hate the "Oh, I'm so sorry" and "I'll pray for you." WTF"

break into wide smile and say "oh you would pray for me, really? pray I'll win a million dollars and have bitchin' orgasm everytime i come! thanks"! :giggle:

To an asshole who says deaf pple shouldn't shop around holidays
say: "idiots shouldn't either, yet here you are".

Fuzzy

The people who get into your business and try to run your life for you because they know more about deafness than you do.

The people who get into your business and try to run your life for you because they know more about deafness than you do.

happens at univeristy every freaken day,,,but slowly they are all changing and instead, says ' that stupid' (to agree with me)...subtle influnce just because i never give up..but it still persists from some other morons, which beats me why the hell are they in university?! but then thats where the quack ideas about deafness comes from, stupid ignorant hearing people!!

happens at univeristy every freaken day,,,but slowly they are all changing and instead, says ' that stupid' (to agree with me)...subtle influnce just because i never give up..but it still persists from some other morons, which beats me why the hell are they in university?! but then thats where the quack ideas about deafness comes from, stupid ignorant hearing people!!

Maybe it's our job to educate them and make them "Un-Ignorant?"
And not all hearing people are stupid. Just a few ;)

well I like to give it back to the hearings, carry assumptions that all hearings are stupid until i meet them...that's exactly how they do it to us...

well I like to give it back to the hearings, carry assumptions that all hearings are stupid until i meet them...that's exactly how they do it to us...

Not all do...

Because we're Deaf (or HOH in my case) we have to be stronger and be more forgiving in order to let them see that we're people like them. They may be stupid. They may be rude. They may insult you and attempt to ruin your life. But because we have been chosen to carry the mantle of Deafness, we carry it with dignity. We advocate & educate. We must smile through our troubles and laugh when life is great.

Grummer, I can't change your mind. I'm just giving my :2c:. I would rather be happy and endure with a smile and forget it then carry grudges in my heart. Believe me, it's hard forgiving and forgetting. I'm not perfect by any means. I still struggle.

Oink, that makes me happy. It reminds me of the Mother Teresa "Be Kind Anyway" poem.

Oink, that makes me happy. It reminds me of the Mother Teresa "Be Kind Anyway" poem.

I just Googled that poem, and I love it :)
I'm glad it made you happy. Hope at least Grummer might think about it :lol:

Not all do...

Because we're Deaf (or HOH in my case) we have to be stronger and be more forgiving in order to let them see that we're people like them. They may be stupid. They may be rude. They may insult you and attempt to ruin your life. But because we have been chosen to carry the mantle of Deafness, we carry it with dignity. We advocate & educate. We must smile through our troubles and laugh when life is great.

Grummer, I can't change your mind. I'm just giving my :2c:. I would rather be happy and endure with a smile and forget it then carry grudges in my heart. Believe me, it's hard forgiving and forgetting. I'm not perfect by any means. I still struggle.

The first paragraph of the quote is that you can find yourself feel like getting impatient and seething with disgust with the way the hearing person or people who want to tell you that the hearing people are right and that you are wrong. They insulted your great mind and your deaf perspective against their own. The hearing society really put everyone of us being d/Deaf and HOH down and made or make us down so that we can not do anything. They want us to abide and obey their ways than our ways. That is how we suffered for years like this. This is wrong. You can not just smile while you struggled trying to make head and tail of communicating without ASL. No, we need to protest if we find ourselves having difficult trying to meet their needs. We have needs, too but not in their hearing world way. :roll:

The first paragraph of the quote is that you can find yourself feel like getting impatient and seething with disgust with the way the hearing person or people who want to tell you that the hearing people are right and that you are wrong. They insulted your great mind and your deaf perspective against their own. The hearing society really put everyone of us being d/Deaf and HOH down and made or make us down so that we can not do anything. They want us to abide and obey their ways than our ways. That is how we suffered for years like this. This is wrong. You can not just smile while you struggled trying to make head and tail of communicating without ASL. No, we need to protest if we find ourselves having difficult trying to meet their needs. We have needs, too but not in their hearing world way. :roll:

Bebonang, I was talking about the little things, such as they assuming we're stupid. Yes, fight for ASL rights and Deaf rights. Yes, fight for our rights, but peacefully. But for the little things? Nah. Lets focus on the big issue here. :lol:
(I think I read your post right. If I didn't, I'm sorry.)

Just recently, I was with a group of friends at this girls group I go to every week. However, this particular evening, I was sitting with some of my friends and one hearing signer friend, Sally in particular. She was across the table from me. We usually practice signing when we can, but Sally also understands my APD and when it gets too loud, she automatically signs with me. There is also another friend, Amy who watches us sign (which I don't care about) but she often likes to learn signs while Sally and I talk. Her most common phrase is, "Oh, look at you too signing secretively again!" but I know she's only poking fun. Then there was Jenny, the leader/hostess of the group...I'll get to her in a minute...

So that evening, everyone was talking and it became too loud to understand, so Sally and I started signing with each other. Amy was watching us, said her usual phrase. I stopped to ask the table if this were bugging anyone. Everyone said it was fine! So, Sally and I continued, then suddenly, Jenny the hostess, freaks out at us saying: "Can you guys stop it! It's rude to sign when no one else knows what you're saying! It's like talking Chinese. You're so rude!"...Well, that made everyone awkward, that really ticked off Sally, and that made me feel very uncomfortable and self-conscious of my signing. I feel most comfortable when I sign, plus they all know I have issues communicating in English in some situations. So, should I not have the right to sign?!

I spoke to a good friend of mine who says to not let it bother me. That’s what I’m trying to do. I just wanted to get this experience of Audism off my chest…again! Ha ha!

Just recently, I was with a group of friends at this girls group I go to every week. However, this particular evening, I was sitting with some of my friends and one hearing signer friend, Sally in particular. She was across the table from me. We usually practice signing when we can, but Sally also understands my APD and when it gets too loud, she automatically signs with me. There is also another friend, Amy who watches us sign (which I don't care about) but she often likes to learn signs while Sally and I talk. Her most common phrase is, "Oh, look at you too signing secretively again!" but I know she's only poking fun. Then there was Jenny, the leader/hostess of the group...I'll get to her in a minute...

So that evening, everyone was talking and it became too loud to understand, so Sally and I started signing with each other. Amy was watching us, said her usual phrase. I stopped to ask the table if this were bugging anyone. Everyone said it was fine! So, Sally and I continued, then suddenly, Jenny the hostess, freaks out at us saying: "Can you guys stop it! It's rude to sign when no one else knows what you're saying! It's like talking Chinese. You're so rude!"...Well, that made everyone awkward, that really ticked off Sally, and that made me feel very uncomfortable and self-conscious of my signing. I feel most comfortable when I sign, plus they all know I have issues communicating in English in some situations. So, should I not have the right to sign?!

I spoke to a good friend of mine who says to not let it bother me. That’s what I’m trying to do. I just wanted to get this experience of Audism off my chest…again! Ha ha!

:shock: Wow, what a rude person! Yes, don't let it bother you ;)
It's good you're letting it out and getting advice instead of avoiding the issue.

:shock: Wow, what a rude person! Yes, don't let it bother you ;)
It's good you're letting it out and getting advice instead of avoiding the issue.

Thanks Oink! cute DP by the way, I love pigs haha! :)

If she knows of your situation, she should not have burst out like that. Even more so, because you asked if anyone was bothered by it.

"Wait, how can deaf people read?"

I've been asked that so many times it's not even funny.

Gah. Do you have any idea how prejudiced that sounds? People that can hear are not one big group that are the same, dead are not one big group that are the same. Lumping people all together like that is bigotry. That is wrong, that is awful. People are individuals, they are all different and they all think, feel and act differently. Oh and it's your needs that need to be met, not theirs, they're not the ones with the difficulty communicating.

I mean seriously, think about what you're saying. Just sub out a different group of people and think about how that sounds......the black people, the white people, the Indian people, the Muslim people, The fat people, the skinny people.

Back