(An interview that I'm conducting on Mute and Deaf community) about ASL

Anne_Rivas

Reaction score
Hi There to all the deaf and mute community, who uses ASL (I'm sorry if it sounds rude because I still need to learn) I'm doing and hosting an interview for my project. I would love it if you can participate even for a bit. Anyways I just need a few questions for you. The purpose of this project is for my book *documentary) that I need to publish

You can state your name and answer this
1. what do you wish other people could understand about your experience as someone who doesn't have the ability to hear or speak?
2. What's your favorite hobby?
3. How did you learn sign language?
4. Did you try using hearing devices or how do you listen to music?

Hi There to all the deaf and mute community, who uses ASL (I'm sorry if it sounds rude because I still need to learn) I'm doing and hosting an interview for my project. I would love it if you can participate even for a bit. Anyways I just need a few questions for you. The purpose of this project is for my book *documentary) that I need to publish

1. what do you wish other people could understand about your experience as someone who doesn't have the ability to hear or speak?
I’m Deaf and can help you,

1) I wish all people knew what to do in order to communicate if they don’t know ASL.
If they refuse to learn ASL, they should already know what to do. Write back and forth,or find someone who knows ASL,it also means patience.

2) my favorite hobby is riding my bike on the bike trail.

3) I have learn sign language growing up.

4) I really don’t use devices to listern to music.

Also,if you want help with ASL,or if you want help with questions you need answers to. You can always contact me.please private message me for my contact information.

I’m Deaf and can help you,

1) I wish all people knew what to do in order to communicate if they don’t know ASL.
If they refuse to learn ASL, they should already know what to do. Write back and forth,or find someone who knows ASL,it also means patience.

2) my favorite hobby is riding my bike on the bike trail.

3) I have learn sign language growing up.

4) I really don’t use devices to listern to music.

Also,if you want help with ASL,or if you want help with questions you need answers to. You can always contact me.please private message me for my contact information.
I would love help in teaching me asl

Korey this answer you gave bothers me "1) I wish all people knew what to do in order to communicate if they don’t know ASL.
If they refuse to learn ASL, they should already know what to do. Write back and forth,or find someone who knows ASL,it also means patience."

When someone does not know ASL it is not always a matter of refusing to learn. Where you live can greatly affect your chance to learn! I am one this happened to. I am deaf in one ear and have a profound loss in the other. Two different semesters back in the 1980's I took ASL as a night course from the local community college. Neither time did I make any contacts to actually use it! In the many years since I am NOT seeing it in use when out and about.

remove mute and people will reply. some hearing people are selective mutism....

Korey this answer you gave bothers me "1) I wish all people knew what to do in order to communicate if they don’t know ASL.
If they refuse to learn ASL, they should already know what to do. Write back and forth,or find someone who knows ASL,it also means patience."

When someone does not know ASL it is not always a matter of refusing to learn. Where you live can greatly affect your chance to learn! I am one this happened to. I am deaf in one ear and have a profound loss in the other. Two different semesters back in the 1980's I took ASL as a night course from the local community college. Neither time did I make any contacts to actually use it! In the many years since I am NOT seeing it in use when out and about.
Hello Jane,

I’m sorry that my answer bothers you.It is greatly appreciated that you told me how you feel.if you would like to meet on messenger and we can talk about this. I would love to get this resolve. I think that you know how irritated it can be when you run into rude people like that,Also Your right I wish everyone knew ASL.

Back