Am I considered odd or the abnorm ?

naturelchick

Reaction score
Preferring to use text relay operators over VP ? I just feel uncomfortable sometimes face to face..... Anyone else feel the same?

Preferring to use text relay operators over VP ? I just feel uncomfortable sometimes face to face..... Anyone else feel the same?

I feel the same way but for different reasons I think. I am not fluent in ASL and I just convey myself better through written English.

I'm the same way. I love to type and I express myself better through English than ASL. Unless I know the person well and I can trust then I love ASL. So whatever method works well for you its fine. smiles

I'm really scare of being around with normal people, I like being abnormal, it's alright to be abnorm.

I seen people prefer using text relay than being face to face relay. This is why we have all the options, your choice of freedom. it's not about you being strange or not.

I feel the same way but for different reasons I think. I am not fluent in ASL and I just convey myself better through written English.
Yes, I'm another that prefer using the text for similar reasons. With English being my main language or forte.

No way? Why would you think that? You don't have to be abnormal to use text relay service. :) I'm not deaf but I'm hearing impaired.

no vp

I do that sometimes. Mainly because I'm not clothed.

Laughing..OMG PFH you make me laugh till it hurts..I have not used VP for very long time because after the brain injury and all the surgeries i would scare the hell out of ya..laughing...so for me ...no VP...I am getting better and if anyone wants to see how I look..wel right before the incedent 11 months ago send me a PM with your email and I will send you a picture.
Smile I miss everyone..hugs to you PFH..thanks for keeping me smiling..M♥♥♥

Laughing..OMG PFH you make me laugh till it hurts..I have not used VP for very long time because after the brain injury and all the surgeries i would scare the hell out of ya..laughing...so for me ...no VP...I am getting better and if anyone wants to see how I look..wel right before the incedent 11 months ago send me a PM with your email and I will send you a picture.
Smile I miss everyone..hugs to you PFH..thanks for keeping me smiling..M♥♥♥

Lol, PFH, looks like you have someone who LIKES you! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It depends on my mood. No, you aren't weird for your preferences.

I'm hearing, so I don't use a video phone but I also don't use Skype even though my family wants me to. I feel like if I use a webcam, I have to freshen up, comb my hair, make sure the room behind me is clean, sit up straight, and remember to not roll my eyes or scratch anything while chatting. :giggle:

I used to prefer text relay until I found the VRS interpreters are able to convey my emotions better with their voices.

I'm hearing, so I don't use a video phone but I also don't use Skype even though my family wants me to. I feel like if I use a webcam, I have to freshen up, comb my hair, make sure the room behind me is clean, sit up straight, and remember to not roll my eyes or scratch anything while chatting. :giggle:

oh boy- you one of those primpers that gotta be perfect in "public" :giggle: just kidding....
:giggle:

I haven't hook up with vp for a long time.

how sad!! what do you do in 911 call when you cant use your native asl language? I think any form of vp should be ready 24/7 in case of any emergency. It doesnt matter if you are rebelling against some VRS company, you should have it available at all times.

oh boy- you one of those primpers that gotta be perfect in "public" :giggle: just kidding....

how sad!! what do you do in 911 call when you cant use your native asl language? I think any form of vp should be ready 24/7 in case of any emergency. It doesnt matter if you are rebelling against some VRS company, you should have it available at all times.

That requires having high speed internet. I know deaf families without it for various reasons.

That requires having high speed internet. I know deaf families without it for various reasons.
True. I know of deaf families and individuals in the same circumstance.

Also, cable services aren't all that dependable in emergency situations, such as power outages from storms. In our area, land-line phones are more dependable.

True. I know of deaf families and individuals in the same circumstance.

Also, cable services aren't all that dependable in emergency situations, such as power outages from storms. In our area, land-line phones are more dependable.

True. It may feel weird pushing numbers on a phone, though. :lol:

Back