A charity case...

Sorry, but I'm lost here...are you looking for a relationship, even possible marriage...or just a "lover"?....

I'm not looking for anybody here. I prefer to meet someone in person. Thing is, I don't know if I'm going to be living here after 8 months or moving elsewhere. I'm in a very fluid situation here.

Deaf drummer, I have never met you and don't expect to meet you, but I sympathy with you.

You see, in my HS and almost all of my 20s, I was single and I hated it!!! I never had a date for my prom nor home coming dance and that still kills me to today.

I never had a date for the prom, either. That would have been risky in south Texas! I only had one relationship in my 20s, the first one.

One person using another for sex, and then saying that it was out of charity seems cruel, to me. It's bad enough that one person took advantage of the other but then to tell the person it was for charitable reasons only--that is low.

Women have told me they've done it, but I don't think I have had a man tell me. The people who do this are just screwed up, I wouldn't let it bother you.

I never had a date for the prom, either. That would have been risky in south Texas! I only had one relationship in my 20s, the first one.
I never went to a prom or school dance. It's no big deal in the scheme of things. It's so, well, high school.

Women have told me they've done it, but I don't think I have had a man tell me. The people who do this are just screwed up, I wouldn't let it bother you.
It doesn't "bother" me. I just gave my opinion.

HOw is a sabortooth cat different from a Lion or Tiger??? I am sooo curious!! Did they make a zoo for Sabortooth cat???

Easy, peasy; just think of a saber-toothed kitty that's turbocharged compared to the modern kitties. :D

I guess I was always intuitive enough to know what was up. Most of the time, I'd figure it out before we "went there." Other times, I didn't care--it was a lay, and that's that I needed at the time.

I hope that, as you settle into a life you're comfortable with (location, situation, getting involved with activities you enjoy and that stimulate you) you will find someone who treats you right.

Jen M.

I'm 37, single. My last real "date" was probably about a year ago.

In high school I went to prom. It was miserable, my date was obnoxious, and we left really early. We broke up the next week. That was probably my longest relationship to date, and it was only about 4-6 months.

In college I was busy doing activities, and working on classes. Then at the start of my career I was in a small town with, as far as I know, three single men. I finally moved to my current city when I was about 28. I didn't know anyone.

Am I miserable? Not usually. I volunteer with community groups, I go play cards with some friends, I have joined community groups, taken enrichment/fun classes at the local college. I chat up people at work, invite them to come out. Not everyone does, but usually some do. When someone organizes an outing, I go. Heck I have even played in our golf scramble (and I hate golf). All to have fun.

I haven't met Mr. Right. I have never been the person guys flirt with, and I'm not good at being "sultry". Why? I don't know. I'm at least okay-looking. Sometimes that gets me down. But moping about it doesn't get me anywhere. I want to develop quality relationships, and that takes time. I go out when and where I can and hope to meet people. The perfect person might be just a friend-of-a-friend away! That is a WAY safer way to meet someone.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results. Try to change your pattern, a bit, and you may be surprised how well it works!

You can have all the charity you want. I just want a mulligan on my whole darn life. I hate my life and sometimes wish I would end it. You're lucky to have those charity.

Back