ZVRS said NO to Z4 on HTC EVO!!

Dodge Trucker

Reaction score
Watch / Read my video!! UGH!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtAG1R0elyE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtAG1R0elyE[/ame]

I have seen some VLOG. Few people talked about HTC EVO is not smooth video compare to iPhone 4. They made me think to stay away EVO. Of course, I like EVO but I already know what they said not great review from other people have experience with video phone.

I am not disappointed with HTC EVO and mobile VP/ZVRS

Little over 2 weeks ago, I talked with ZVRS/CSDVRS customer service. They told me that mobile Z4 still problem with HTC EVO. Easier to work on project with Samsung EPIC. I told them that both are same Android. How come EPIC is easier better than. They told me that both cell phones are not same tech.

I watched live video at 2pm. It was little late than 2pm. Finally to see live video online. The guy explained about ipod Touch and ZVRS. Then, I waited for next subject about iphone and Epic but it is off air. That's all news about iPod Touch.

I called ZVRS/CSDVRS's customer service. I complained about waste my time at workplace. Few days ago, they send email spread to everyone, "Important mobile videophone announcement from ZVRS this Thursday". They have poor info in email.

They suppose to let everyone know what is specific equipment then we will watch or not.

Another post containing incomplete information. People seriously need to get their facts. ZVRS is not saying "we refuse to make software for the EVO." ZVRS CAN NOT use their current software provider to make the Z4 Mobile on the HTC EVO. Why, you ask? A different VRS company has an exclusivity contract with the software maker to be the SOLE provider of VRS on the HTC EVO using that specific software.

So before you go out and bash a company, get your facts.

NOTE: I do not have a viewable source of this since it is not public information. I know this because I have very close friends that work for a VRS company. Some that are engineers and some in marketing.

Another post containing incomplete information. People seriously need to get their facts. ZVRS is not saying "we refuse to make software for the EVO." ZVRS CAN NOT use their current software provider to make the Z4 Mobile on the HTC EVO. Why, you ask? A different VRS company has an exclusivity contract with the software maker to be the SOLE provider of VRS on the HTC EVO using that specific software.

NOTE: I do not have a viewable source of this since it is not public information. I know this because I have very close friends that work for a VRS company. Some that are engineers and some in marketing.

I agree with you on this, but answer me this question for me. Why did Zvrs continually say "we're working on it " but if they knew that the software would not be able to go on the Htc, why couldnt they get ahead of the game and announce officially that they will Not do it? Why keep quiet and be misleading? I font care about the software but just why they didn't say "NO"? You understand my perspective?

Yep, I used to work for ZVRS, that is how THEY doing like that. They like to put a high hope for the deaf then BAM. it is not out or whatever any reasons. I must clap to Sorenson, they do not tell everyone that we're work on it. Sorenson tends to make the final decision to release for any products or whatever.

a,d BTW, I will not use mainstream VRS, I think I do not trust them and they did not give more information such as address, whos ceo etc..

I agree with you on this, but answer me this question for me. Why did Zvrs continually say "we're working on it " but if they knew that the software would not be able to go on the Htc, why couldnt they get ahead of the game and announce officially that they will Not do it? Why keep quiet and be misleading? I font care about the software but just why they didn't say "NO"? You understand my perspective?

The "we're working on it" was genuine. Working on it was, quite possibly, ZVRS trying to work with the software maker to convince them that exclusive rights would be a bad thing. However, that obviously did not happen. Unfortunately, the other VRS company got their contract and now the EVO owners will suffer for it.

This is not ZVRS' fault.

*snip*and BTW, I will not use mainstream VRS, I think I do not trust them and they did not give more information such as address, whos ceo etc..

I completely agree with this comment. Not to mention...look at their website... It looks like my 13 year old cousin made it using Geocities.

What is Geocities?

I agree with ubuntu.

I will not agree with computerLover. He/She needs more careful to research what other EVO users have experience with EVO & VP.

over 2 weeks ago, I already know what ZVRS's customer service and tech support. Tech person and I talked something on EVO, iphone, ipod touch and EPIC. They did work on software for EVO but can't run as smooth video. All other devices are fine and not much problem.

My son still wants to have EVO. I suggest him to take EPIC instead EVO. He is stubborn stay with EVO because they have HDMI interface and bigger screen. He gave me hard time to make him change his mind.

Your information is accurate, Ubuntu. ZVRS - they do not know how to tell the truth to their customers. That's the major problem.

Your information is accurate, Ubuntu. ZVRS - they do not know how to tell the truth to their customers. That's the major problem.

What truth do you want? ZVRS has stated that they will not make software for the EVO. What is it that you want?

What truth do you want? ZVRS has stated that they will not make software for the EVO. What is it that you want?

The truth is what he wants to hear whether it's right or wrong! :giggle:

On a more serious note, download the app from the other VRS provider on your HTC EVO 4G and use the app to call ZVRS. BAM! Problem solved!

Last edited:

On a more serious note, download the app from the other VRS provider on your HTC EVO 4G and use the app to call ZVRS. BAM! Problem solved!

Dial around. Perfect. :)

darkage:
I agree with ubuntu.

I will not agree with computerLover. He/She needs more careful to research what other EVO users have experience with EVO & VP.

over 2 weeks ago, I already know what ZVRS's customer service and tech support. Tech person and I talked something on EVO, iphone, ipod touch and EPIC. They did work on software for EVO but can't run as smooth video. All other devices are fine and not much problem.

My son still wants to have EVO. I suggest him to take EPIC instead EVO. He is stubborn stay with EVO because they have HDMI interface and bigger screen. He gave me hard time to make him change his mind.

yes hdtv's hdmi ...Darkage, Let go.... your son want Htc EVO need happy than unwant-unhappy with Samsung Epic

yes hdtv's hdmi ...Darkage, Let go.... your son want Htc EVO need happy than unwant-unhappy with Samsung Epic

well said, sir.

Second, let him be if he doesnt care about vrs not being feature on evo yet. nothing wrong. :hmm:

P.s i like Fring app than Qik due to quality and features. :]

dont mind telling me whats name of that app? Im interested to checking it out.

The "we're working on it" was genuine. Working on it was, quite possibly, ZVRS trying to work with the software maker to convince them that exclusive rights would be a bad thing. However, that obviously did not happen. Unfortunately, the other VRS company got their contract and now the EVO owners will suffer for it.

This is not ZVRS' fault.

ubuntu....granted...you are correct. I am all for the "working on it". Its true it was genuine..up to a point. They stated that they were working on it: meaning working on HTC. They also stated at a much later time that when Epic came around, they dropped HTC and worked on EPIC. What I am trying to get at is, they should have had a responsibility to announce to the public in a public press release or a announcement of some kind right then and there that they will no longer be working on HTC Evo and that they will be focusing on Epic.

They stringed us along until they started mumbling about using EPIC only.

My whole point to this conversation is, they should have been responsible and respectful enough to not let HTC EVO presume they're still working on it..meaning HTC.

I am neutral.. Mmm.. my cellphone had no FFC feature, but this is very interesting topic!

ubuntu....granted...you are correct. I am all for the "working on it". Its true it was genuine..up to a point. They stated that they were working on it: meaning working on HTC. They also stated at a much later time that when Epic came around, they dropped HTC and worked on EPIC. What I am trying to get at is, they should have had a responsibility to announce to the public in a public press release or a announcement of some kind right then and there that they will no longer be working on HTC Evo and that they will be focusing on Epic.

They stringed us along until they started mumbling about using EPIC only.

My whole point to this conversation is, they should have been responsible and respectful enough to not let HTC EVO presume they're still working on it..meaning HTC.

I humbly disagree. Not every company that stops working on something does or needs to announce it to the whole world. ZVRS did what they could, and when it was no longer feasible they changed directions to the next best (actually better IMHO) thing. Also, to my knowledge, ZVRS never sent out any press release or emails stating that it would happen. Yes, a few times on Facebook and maybe a call or two to Customer Service would have showed some people saying that it was being worked on, but there were no big announcements that I saw. If there was, I would like to see it.

Back