Z4 from ZVRS - Webcam finally worked.

Sword7

Reaction score
Hello folks,

A few weeks ago, I struggled to get my 3.0m webcam working with P3 chat software and finally gave up. I got my new webcam with 6 LED lights from eBay.

I recently got new Z4 chat software from ZVRS and installed it. It immediately recongized YouCam 3 from Cyberlink. I tried my webcam and it finally worked fine! I tried 1600x1200 video but it was too slow for my communication. I changed to 640x480 and it looks much better and much smoother.

I did not understand why P3 does not recognize my webcam but Z4 chat does via YouCam3 drivers.

Ok, I have a question for you about HD video. Why are 1600x1200 video so slow (5 fps)?!? That was supposed to support smooth HD video through USB 2.0 (Blu-ray movies at full HD 1080p rate). My new webcam supports full 3.0mp video (2000x1500) but YouCam 3 only recongizes up to 1600x1200 video in YUY2 or RGB24 format.

Thanks,
Sword7

Hi, the simple answer to your question is....

Video compression

The smaller video size, the easier it to compress the video and transmit image over the Internet.

Just think this way...

You have a suitcase, which is much faster and easier to pack and haul, pack just a day worth of clothes or pack whole week worth of clothes?

This is same principle when it comes to video compression, if you got too much details to pack, it takes a while to pack and compress than less detailed and smaller image.

Often when you have too many details in your background, the video quality DOES compromise. Have you wondering why these VRS video is so clear, especially Sorenson VRS? You see, Sorenson got grey background, it is very neutral color which makes it ALOT easier to compress the video, result increasing video quality.

Hope this clears up,

BTW, I have not seen you since 1984 and I couldn't get to last year reunion. Got plans that I have arranged earlier which conflicts with the reunion, grrr! So anyway how are you?

DHB

Hello folks,

A few weeks ago, I struggled to get my 3.0m webcam working with P3 chat software and finally gave up. I got my new webcam with 6 LED lights from eBay.

I recently got new Z4 chat software from ZVRS and installed it. It immediately recongized YouCam 3 from Cyberlink. I tried my webcam and it finally worked fine! I tried 1600x1200 video but it was too slow for my communication. I changed to 640x480 and it looks much better and much smoother.

I did not understand why P3 does not recognize my webcam but Z4 chat does via YouCam3 drivers.

Ok, I have a question for you about HD video. Why are 1600x1200 video so slow (5 fps)?!? That was supposed to support smooth HD video through USB 2.0 (Blu-ray movies at full HD 1080p rate). My new webcam supports full 3.0mp video (2000x1500) but YouCam 3 only recongizes up to 1600x1200 video in YUY2 or RGB24 format.

Thanks,
Sword7

BTW, I have not seen you since 1984 and I couldn't get to last year reunion. Got plans that I have arranged earlier which conflicts with the reunion, grrr! So anyway how are you?

DHB

Thanks for video compression over Internet. I got that. Hmm are you from WPSD?

Thanks,
Sword7

Hello folks,

Thanks,
Sword7

Im not sure if this is related, but speaking of res size.. did you know that standard television is using res of 480p? and so webcam using 640 is enough. :wave:

Back