You might be a Floridian if....

Babyblue

Reaction score
You might be a Floridian if.....

"Down South" means Key West.

"Panhandling" means going to Pensacola.

You think no one over 70 should be allowed to drive.

Flip-flops are everyday wear.

Shoes are for business meetings and church.

No, wait -- flip-flops are good for church, too, unless it's Easter or Christmas.

Sweet tea can be served at any meal.

An alligator once walked through your neighborhood.

You smirk when a game show's "Grand Prize" is a trip or cruise to Florida.

You measure distance in minutes.

You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.

You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls.

All the local festivals are named after a fruit.

A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level.

You think everyone from a bigger city has a northern accent.

You know the four seasons really are: almost summer, summer, not summer but really hot, and Christmas.

It's not soda, cola, or pop -- it's coke, regardless of brand or flavor: "What kinda coke you want?"

Anything under 95 is just warm.

You've hosted a hurricane party.

You go to a theme park for an afternoon and know when to get on the best rides.

You pass on the right and honk at the elderly.

You understand the futility of exterminating cockroaches.

You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee, and Withlacoochee.

You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat than have a boat yourself.

Bumper stickers on the pickup in front of you include:
various fish, NRA, and a confederate flag.

You were eight years old before you realized they made houses without pools.

You were 12 when you first met someone who couldn't swim.

You get angry when people say, "Florida isn't really part of the SOUTH."

You've worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas.

You know what the "stingray shuffle" is and why it's important!

You recognize Miami-Dade as "Northern Cuba." The south ends in the Ocala/Gainesville area, and then North Cuba begins.

You might be a Floridian if

I thought this was funny, most of it is true!

LOL!!

My parents live there for about 23 years. I visited them last week. she keeps complaining to me about toooo many floridian who have been overweight everywhere in their hometown and orlando. I admit that i do notice too. I just found it so strange because i always thought that people who can work out outside in florida than whose peeps lives in northeastern.

and anything below 70 is "chilly" :lol:

ha ha that's waht my parents told me to bring the warmup clothes in the morning. It was only 66 degrees. I wore short and sweater top in the morning chatting with them last week. :giggle:

ha ha that's waht my parents told me to bring the warmup clothes in the morning. It was only 66 degrees. I wore short and sweater top in the morning chatting with them last week. :giggle:

:giggle:

I bet you thought it was warm!!

Last weekend was warm and wonderful! Now it is chilly again for the next few days. lows in the 50s and highs in the 70's... Thanks to the cold front that came through yesterday.

yep, i told my mom, " do you want 20's degree or 66's?" she said, "shush".

Lucky for us that last week was perfect weather all week except it was raining in the early morning but beautiful in florida. Once we got back home last friday and saw snow came down but it was only flurries. Today is the worst one that we got more flurries but the grounds do not hold snow any longer and they are melting fast.

HAHA! So true, sooooo true!...I wear flippers and sandals 365 days of the year!...And shorts most all the time! Been a Floridian since 1972 !! Lots of festivals here....shrimp festival, crawfish festival, Bluegrass, etc., and of course the Kingfish Tournament....it's all good!...Ever seen those bumper stickers that say ....."we don't care how you do it up North"!...HAHA! J/K here! No insult to you Northerners!...Ahh, I can't deal with cold weather! And yeah...it's been freeky cool here for a few days!....My A/C is off and almost turned the heat on last night!...But just put on 2 pairs of socks and my old flannel granny long gown! Snuggled up with my Pomeranian....and all was warm!...Sunny days ahead!...Old man sun is already "peeking" thru the clouds!

You know you're a Floridian when the house that you bought--is now foreclosed.

Funny stuff!

How about, if you say, "Look, Jesus (or Mary?) is on my cheese sandwich!"

I've been to Florida many times, and one year I got a tattoo. My friend and I went to Disneyworld the next day and I chose to wear a bikini top with shorts so the tattoo could dry off and not rub on my clothes. It was about 70 that day (late February.) Which is a piece of cake considering I'm from Minnesota. And all the other people in the ride lines at Disneyworld looked at me funny - several even asked if I was crazy "for wearing shorts and a bikini in frigid temperatures". :lol:

You might be a Floridian if.....

"Down South" means Key West.

"Panhandling" means going to Pensacola.

You think no one over 70 should be allowed to drive.

Flip-flops are everyday wear.

Shoes are for business meetings and church.

No, wait -- flip-flops are good for church, too, unless it's Easter or Christmas.

Sweet tea can be served at any meal.

An alligator once walked through your neighborhood.

You smirk when a game show's "Grand Prize" is a trip or cruise to Florida.

You measure distance in minutes.

You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.

You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls.

All the local festivals are named after a fruit.

A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level.

You think everyone from a bigger city has a northern accent.

You know the four seasons really are: almost summer, summer, not summer but really hot, and Christmas.

It's not soda, cola, or pop -- it's coke, regardless of brand or flavor: "What kinda coke you want?"

Anything under 95 is just warm.

You've hosted a hurricane party.

You go to a theme park for an afternoon and know when to get on the best rides.

You pass on the right and honk at the elderly.

You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee, and Withlacoochee.

You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat than have a boat yourself.

Bumper stickers on the pickup in front of you include:
various fish, NRA, and a confederate flag.

You were eight years old before you realized they made houses without pools.

You were 12 when you first met someone who couldn't swim.

You get angry when people say, "Florida isn't really part of the SOUTH."

You've worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas.

You know what the "stingray shuffle" is and why it's important!

You recognize Miami-Dade as "Northern Cuba." The south ends in the Ocala/Gainesville area, and then North Cuba begins.

And, "Up North" means mainland Florida! :D

This applied to El Paso TX where I lived for many years.

Thanks God bugs freeze to death in Iowa!! :P

:lol: Yea, I read all that. There's one thing I hate about Florida -- bugs, especially frogs and ants. :ugh: Some friends of mine gave me some warnings about snakes to watch out for! :eek3:

:rofl: Yup!!!

Once you are off the islands! Any island off of Florida... You are on the mainland! :giggle:

It's funny. I don't live in Key West, but near there. When my parents travel to Miami, they always say ..."We're going up on the mainland tomorrow." It's incredibly funny to me, even now, and I've lived here for 10+ years now! :laugh2:

It's funny. I don't live in Key West, but near there. When my parents travel to Miami, they always say ..."We're going up on the mainland tomorrow." It's incredibly funny to me, even now, and I've lived here for 10+ years now! :laugh2:

:lol:

I know the Feeling. Especially being born on an Island! Off the Florida Coast!

Hey, evidently I am NOT Floridian! None of them in list would fit me.

Damn, Im gonna miss Winter!

Back