Yay!!!

Well they aren't really my friends more aquantinces in class. And yes Queen Lioness you know you are a celeb to me!!!

Pluss your brother said he would stab me if i didn't do well with the classes! LMAO Because hello we are together every weekend not to mention everyone else i am with. =)

Congratulations on passing ur exams and wow ur soo committed for a hearing person. Am i correct ur hearing?? Wish to see more people like you around and in the teaching sector cos you would be an excellent role model for the hearing out in the society with that excellent attitude of urs.

Im a deaf teacher teaching and working with Deaf kids and often get very very frustrated with some of the hearing teachers at the school with limited of no sign language skills at all and they teaching my generation. It doesnt make senses to me thus seeing ppl like u would be an advantage in that area to help the deaf kids success in their learning.

Be proud of urself. I know u are. :)

You’re right I am hearing. I really enjoy ASL. The same thing annoys me. When people in class are just…. Taking a class and it is obvious they don’t care and they aren’t trying, it really pisses me off. We have class participation every week and this one girl refuses to participate. She does for the big assignments but for the regular not graded in class stuff she won’t. When I was learning what I know I studied and practiced every night for 2 hours. These people have vocab lists every week that is a 5th the size that I did and still don’t know their vocab for the week. Gggrrrr and they claim to want to be a terp or teacher for Deaf ed but there is no commitment. I guess if they had Deaf friends like I do then they would approach the class differently. When something has to do with your friends you think of it differently.

When I saw your "title" for this thread...I thot u got a date with a hottie!! LOL Thats great you passed your ASL test. :)

Shel90 look at that baby!!! so cute! =)

Awww thanks! He is my little man. He is signing a lot now and it is so cute to watch. I was "hearing" and didnt know ASL when my daughter was born so I never got to see that stage when babies learn sign language. It is so funny!

I know how u feel about some of your classmates. I took 4 levels of ASL and I remember in my level 1 class, some of the students were too busy trying to score with the ASL teacher to really learn. LOL!

Know what u meant by that Southern. It does get very damn annoying and makes one wonder why they are ever there in the first place doesnt make real sense unless they only after the money and not where their heart is with passion to serve the deaf community well. It a shame that it happening but can say ppl like u are very very rare and very hard to find so keep up the good work.

Glad to hear you're doing well in your classes. You remind me a lot of myself when I was first learning. Passion is ESSENTIAL to becoming really fluent in ASL.

Good luck!

Congratz to pass ur exams :D

i hope u will find a nice deaf guy for u ;)

Lol well a boyfriend period would great D/HOH/H whatever. Although I went to the Deaf professionals happy hour this weekend, (shouldn't have cause I am more sick than I was) and I am going to Deaf Expo this weekend (hope I will be well) so who knows I might meet my future exhusband! Lol

Back