Xbox 360 Storage

Oh, *FACEPALM* I did wonder if M$ would even allow that to happen. I would watch for someone to fool the drive with a read-all disc that would fool the cpu though.

Yep...Told you so.

120GB is by far the best this time around.

Yep...Told you so.

120GB is by far the best this time around.

Heh, true. In short view, it doesn't seem good, but in the long run, yep, 120+ Gigs seems smarter.

I get this sickening feeling that Microsoft will introuduce a higher GB HDD than 120 GB sometime in 2009 or 2010. I keep waiting for them to REDUCE the insane price of the 20 and 120GB. Now that they are introducing a 60 GB model.. I'd like to see the 60 GB at $100 or less, and the 20GB discontinuted. I'm pretty sure Microsoft won't budge on the $180 for 120 GB HDD price for a LONG time, though.

dude, he said he is not a HARDCORE gamer. so I recommended a 20GB system ( the one I have even though I am a HARDCORE gamer) it has plenty of space. Im not kind of guy downloading music or movies and save it to hard drive like 120GB.

I'm a she. See "Lady" Sekhmet. :-D I forgive you though!

Try PC... 500 GB HDD for just 20 PC games that I had installed, only 300 GB to left now.

No way. I just bought a new laptop, plus I prefer console games. I prefer seeing it on a large screen TV with surround sound. :)

Okay,

I have decided to get the 60gb. I found one for $250 new. I think that's not a bad deal. He (my fiance who is getting it for me) doesn't trust getting it off Ebay where it's much cheaper. Also, I rather the newer HDD that's more stable than the older ones in risk of Ring of Death. :)

Yes I do play a lot of games, but spread out through all the consoles I have Xbox, PS2, NES, Wii, GameCube (although I don't need it anymore!), Sega, Dreamcast. I still love my PS2 games.

As for Hardcore - what I meant was I don't pay $50 to $60 for brand new game, playing every single day, using xblive (I never had one, probably will with 360, not sure), downloading all the extra stuff that I don't need/want. Maybe Arcade games, but that would be it.

So, Arcade is out because I find that it doesn't meet my needs plus it's not backward compatible! Elite is out because too expensive, $500?!, I don't have HD TV, I don't need all the extra space. So the 60gb meets in the middle.

I decided not to get the PS3 because there's a LOT of games that's available for both systems. I don't need Blu-Ray because, again, no HD TV or Plasma. There's more games I want that's only available on XBOX.

I'm not paying for this system, like I said, it's for my birthday.

I have a feeling that Playstation will upgrade their console as it's doing pretty poorly, but probably won't be available for a couple years. Then I will get that system, and hopefully it will be backward compatible from PS2 and PS3.

Can't predict the future...:)

Oh wait....

Would it be a good idea to have the arcade one? Since I already have XBOX, and I'm not getting rid of it, so the backward compatibility won't matter. I also have a few memory cards that I don't use (due to lots of space left on my XBOX). Should I get Arcade instead?!

The Arcade is backwards compatible. There is a list of games that are backward compatible, and not all XBOX games work on the 360, and some do not work as well as if run on a XBOX. Also, the Arcade has no HDD. I am not sure how well a memory card would work. I think you will be fine with a $299 20GB 360 for the time being. I'd be surprised if the XBOX memory cards work on a 360, although I really have no idea. I've read that a GamerProfile can be stored on a memory card, but I think you're better off with a 20GB or 60GB HDD.

RROD is not caused by the HDD, it is caused mostly from overheating and the 'X-Clamp' failing to hold the motherboard up. Google 'X Clamp Fix' to get a better idea of this aspect of the 360.

Also, you said you don't like to pay full price for games, and since you play a variety of platforms, I recommend GameFly's online rental service, since they offer a variety of games from a variety of systems and would fit your needs very well, I think. I use Gamefly currently, and occasionally buy games from them for much less than the retail price. I currently use the one game at a time plan which is $16 something a month, IIRC(If I remeber Correctly)...

Also, you said you don't like to pay full price for games, and since you play a variety of platforms, I recommend GameFly's online rental service, since they offer a variety of games from a variety of systems and would fit your needs very well, I think. I use Gamefly currently, and occasionally buy games from them for much less than the retail price. I currently use the one game at a time plan which is $16 something a month, IIRC(If I remeber Correctly)...

Thanks for the suggestion! I will get the 60gb after all. :)

I have tried GameFly, but I don't play enough games to make me feel that I got my money's worth. I can finish a game within 2 or 3 weeks playing 2 hours a day, say Fatal Frame or Silent Hill type of games, not long ones like GTA: San Andreas (Hell, I'm aiming for 100%...now that's a feat), or Morrowind.

So, I'm paying $15 or less a month when I can get it for the same price and keep it. Jeez, what happened to those good old NES days where you would spend hours a day to finish one game. Can't save it (with some exceptions for some games)...so you gotta suck it up and finish it! Nowadays, it's long, and feels like I can never finish the game to go on to the next one.

So, yeah, I've tried GameFly. That's why I said I'm not a Hardcore gamer where these people play for 15 or more hours a week, and can finish a game less than I can.

I like Gamefly for new games. New games = $60 a pop, and I want two or three new games a month, usually, so Gamefly works for me.

I also suspect you will like the XBL Arcade offerings, there is quite a variety of games to check out and play. Every XBLA game has a demo/trail version so you will always get a chance to try before you buy. I can easily recommend a few, such as Geometry Wars 2, N+, And Castle Crashers on August 27th but only get CCrashers if you have Live acess with a Gold Subscription.. ...

Sony!!! time for you to cut o PS3, compete is getting more heat.

Sony!!! time for you to cut o PS3, compete is getting more heat.

Too late. I got xbox 360 and Gold Subscription. :) I was thinking of PS3, but why get it when almost all the games are available on X360 as well for a cheaper price?

Anyone else have xbox 360 Live - add me to your friend list! My gamercard name is below.

I will send you a FR from DGO network 1 which is a silver network tag that interconnects a number of deaf gamers on XBL. By using the Friends of Friends feature, you can connect to nearly 100 other deaf gamers through this tag.

I just got X Box 360 last night and it was only 259 at Best Buy....it's a good price but the Xbox 360 I got has the hard drive...the one that they're selling for 199 doesn't have hard drive.

I just got X Box 360 last night and it was only 259 at Best Buy....it's a good price but the Xbox 360 I got has the hard drive...the one that they're selling for 199 doesn't have hard drive.

yes that's right arcade doesnt have hard drive, only Pro and Elite. Good thing I didn't buy arcade xbox360 yesterday. I save my money for next week to buy a Pro or Elite.

I have an Arcade because I have a older HDD. The arcade has a HDMI out, but does not come with HDMI cables, and only basic component/composite cables. The Elite comes with a unqiue HDMI cable that hooks up both HDMI and a sound out put for a 5.1 surround sound stereo system for optimum home set up.

To me money is not a issue, I own the PS3 and darn proud of it. Not to mention the enternaiment it offens. You have no idea what Sony can do and when HOME arrives it will mark the end of Xbox 360. Trying not to sound like a fanboy, but the reason Xbox sells more is because it had a huge llibraies of games, cheap price cut, more fiends who had one doesn't mean it's better than the PS3. And why would I have to pay for XBL when I can play online for free?

Back